1. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 02:38
    Great story and kind of scary if you imagine it happening to you. How they were so dumb not to suspect anything beforehand is anyone's guess.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-68767470
  2. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 02:39
    Not much to debate. Just an interesting story and my opinion of Russia has lessened a bit.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 04:45
    @fartacus said
    Not much to debate. Just an interesting story and my opinion of Russia has lessened a bit.
    Missed the whole cold war thing, did you?
  4. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 04:50
    @suzianne said
    Missed the whole cold war thing, did you?
    The USA didn't help that situation.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 04:56
    @Fartacus
    So it was OUR fault East Berlin had that wall? Shooting folks trying to get out of East Germany? Did you forget about that part also?
  6. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 05:12
    @sonhouse said
    @Fartacus
    So it was OUR fault East Berlin had that wall? Shooting folks trying to get out of East Germany? Did you forget about that part also?
    ...said the American who vaporized women and children with two atom bombs during WW2.

Don't preach when you reek of double standards.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '24 05:343 edits
    @Fartacus
    Got a point there for sure. In my opinion those bombs were not to defeat Japan but to give a message to Russia, Japan was already defeated. But WW2 killed more Russians than most of the rest of the wars in human history. Maybe the pogroms of China exceeded those deaths but the Russians really suffered so now they are a bit on the paranoid side seeing attacks coming every hour but the Soviet empire was not a nice time to live through no matter what the US did in WW2.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 08:001 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Fartacus
    Got a point there for sure. In my opinion those bombs were not to defeat Japan but to give a message to Russia, Japan was already defeated. But WW2 killed more Russians than most of the rest of the wars in human history. Maybe the pogroms of China exceeded those deaths but the Russians really suffered so now they are a bit on the paranoid side seeing attacks comin ...[text shortened]... ery hour but the Soviet empire was not a nice time to live through no matter what the US did in WW2.
    The Russians suffered more merely by having Stalin as a leader.

Estimates for how many of his own people Stalin had killed go as high as 10 million if widespread famines are included.
  9. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 14:092 edits
    @fartacus said
    Great story and kind of scary if you imagine it happening to you. How they were so dumb not to suspect anything beforehand is anyone's guess.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-68767470
    So after all the domestic and foreign assassinations, the abductions of international journalists, the war crimes in Ukraine, the support for dictatorships across central Africa. It’s the trafficking of desperate Indians to the front line that got your hackles up.
    They’ve always used ethnics to fight for their Muscovite empire, muscovites are to busy stuffing their bloated faces in McDeeskis and Starbuckskis while the slugs in the Kremlin burn and bomb and troll democracy from the face of the planet
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 16:361 edit
    @kevcvs57 said
    So after all the domestic and foreign assassinations, the abductions of international journalists, the war crimes in Ukraine, the support for dictatorships across central Africa. It’s the trafficking of desperate Indians to the front line that got your hackles up.
    They’ve always used ethnics to fight for their Muscovite empire, muscovites are to busy stuffing their bloated ...[text shortened]... uckskis while the slugs in the Kremlin burn and bomb and troll democracy from the face of the planet
    russia is not our problem, dems make it look like it. china is embedding itself
  11. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 17:21
    @kevcvs57 said
    They’ve always used ethnics to fight for their Muscovite empire, muscovites are to busy stuffing their bloated ...[text shortened]... uckskis while the slugs in the Kremlin burn and bomb and troll democracy from the face of the planet
    I'm fine with the other stuff.
    Tricking untrained foreigners to the front line is pretty low.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 19:301 edit
    @Mott-The-Hoople
    So do you get paid by Putin directly or is it more indirect payments, like free Uber rides? Direct pay maybe by brown bag in a designated trash can in your local park?
    Russia is not the problem. So for you we would never enter into another Eurowar when Putin attacks a NATO country.

So forget aid to Ukraine, not our problem.
    Don't give them a hundred bil we need it here.
    But when Putin attacks Poland, we will spend trillions entering that war and those are our choices. You would support Putin by keeping the US out of it.

Problem with that is treaties override local federal laws so like it or not we WILL fight the barbarian Putin when he attacks a NATO country.
    I guess you don't understand the reason Sweden and Finland are now NATO, when Sweden had been neutral for decades.

You and your pro Russian pals should be in jail yourselves, that is how we deal with traitors here. Like Jim Jordan, Matt Goetz, MTG, Mike Johnson, Trump and many others all Putin puppets.

Nobody says China is not a threat, they are a LOT bigger financially and militarily than Russia but Putin puts all his eggs in one basket, rebuilding the Soviet empire and if you believe otherwise you play right into Putin's hands.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 20:15
    @Fartacus
    I wonder if they were actually paid? Sounds like they spent several months income just for the passport.
    BTW, Putin is offering a bounty on any US military person killed in Ukraine, some millions of dollars. There are US citizens signing up for duty there, I wonder if the bounty extends to them.
  14. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 20:19
    I doubt they were paid or even broke even if they were paid. It was low paw to begin with but I'm not aware of what real soldiers get paid anywhere.
  15. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    13 Apr '24 21:03
    @mott-the-hoople said
    russia is not our problem, dems make it look like it. china is embedding itself
    Oh you halfwit they are one and the same problem along with Iran, and the loonie one in the corner NK

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree