1. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '17 08:03
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It would be more helpful if you could speak more clearly.
    OK, I'll go slowly, just for you.
    1. Can you see the sky in the timelapse in question?
    That's a yes/no question.
    2. Does the sky rotate in the timelapse?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    This should be fun.

Hard to say.
    But I def can see the moon!

Hard to say.
    But the moon def does!

My turn!

1. Can you see NASA's moon rotate in the same manner as the rotation of the other time lapse?

2. Can you see any of the expected and usual cloud formation in NASA's time lapse over the five hour period?

3. Can you see the moon spin on its own axis in NASA's time lapse?

Feel free to answer them as quickly or as slowly as you want!
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 May '17 17:23
    Hard to say.
    But I def can see the moon!

Hard to say.
    But the moon def does!
    So, we have established that you cannot actually see the sky and you don't know whether or not it rotates along with the moon - and you don't have the honesty to admit it.

1. Can you see NASA's moon rotate in the same manner as the rotation of the other time lapse?

No.

2. Can you see any of the expected and usual cloud formation in NASA's time lapse over the five hour period?

I haven't looked. I will look, and we can discuss it when we have dealt with the rotation issue and you have admitted that you were wrong, and that you are a blind stubborn fool who can't see an elephant just feet from his face if it might conceivably conflict with his world view.

3. Can you see the moon spin on its own axis in NASA's time lapse?

Yes.

Back to my turn.

1.Did you see the invisible pink unicorns in the guys timelapse?

2. Do you accept that since we don't know how he held the camera, we don't actually know what caused the apparent rotation in his timelapse?

3. If there was an elephant flying through the sky from one horizon to the other and we only saw its belly, and you took a timelapse of it, which way would you expect it to rotate in the frame? Assume the elephant only files towards its trunk.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '17 00:45
    So, we have established that you cannot actually see the sky and you don't know whether or not it rotates along with the moon - and you don't have the honesty to admit it.

[b]1. Can you see NASA's moon rotate in the same manner as the rotation of the other time lapse?

No.

2. Can you see any of the expected and usua ...[text shortened]... ay would you expect it to rotate in the frame? Assume the elephant only files towards its trunk.
    So, we have established that you cannot actually see the sky...
    We did?
    Must have missed that.
    The only thing I think we got close on was that it was hard to say one way or another.

All the rest of it takes too much care over too little content, so I'll just ghost you on this one.

Just be grateful: you don't fare well when you play your silly games with me.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '17 01:55
    [b]So, we have established that you cannot actually see the sky...
    We did?
    Must have missed that.
    The only thing I think we got close on was that it was hard to say one way or another.

All the rest of it takes too much care over too little content, so I'll just ghost you on this one.

Just be grateful: you don't fare well when you play your silly games with me.[/b]
    You are a rumour in your own mind. You need to seriously grow some extra brain cells.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 May '17 07:47
    We did?
    Must have missed that.
    And the cognitive dissonance kicks in.

Basically an admission that you know you have been lying all along. Got ya. More Freaky Oopsie daisies.

Says the guy lying on the mat with a bloody nose after just waking up from being knocked out cold.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '17 11:18
    And the cognitive dissonance kicks in.

[b]All the rest of it takes too much care over too little content, so I'll just ghost you on this one.

Basically an admission that you know you have been lying all along. Got ya. More Freaky Oopsie daisies.

Says the guy lying on the mat with a bloody nose after just waking up from being knocked out cold.[/b]
    You can comfort yourself with any fantasy of your choosing; you're going to no matter what.
    Submitting pink unicorns or other nonsense is nothing more than a 'jump the shark' desperation, and I wouldn't want to be in the frame for your face palm moment(s).
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 May '17 11:29
    You can comfort yourself with any fantasy of your choosing; you're going to no matter what.
    So says the guy who is bowing out because he can't decide whether or not he can see the sky. (because seeing it or not seeing it both present contradictions to his previously stated stance).

Submitting pink unicorns or other nonsense is nothing more than a 'jump the shark' desperation, and I wouldn't want to be in the frame for your face palm moment(s).
    You simply don't want to admit you got schooled by the backside of an elephant.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:08
    So says the guy who is bowing out because he can't decide whether or not he can see the sky. (because seeing it or not seeing it both present contradictions to his previously stated stance).

[b]Submitting pink unicorns or other nonsense is nothing more than a 'jump the shark' desperation, and I wouldn't want to be in the frame for your face palm moment(s).

You simply don't want to admit you got schooled by the backside of an elephant.[/b]
    Your twisting of words notwithstanding, to the specific question of whether one can confidently determine the sky in the time lapse videos, the answer was/is no: it is not possible to determine one way or another what the moon is passing through.

It is assumed that the moon was on its path through the sky, since most people only have ever seen the moon in the sky.

It was also assumed that your claim of an elephant doing the same thing as the moon actually had legs, too, but that didn't work out so well, either.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '17 12:57
    Your twisting of words notwithstanding, to the specific question of whether one can confidently determine the sky in the time lapse videos, the answer was/is no: it is not possible to determine one way or another what the moon is passing through.

It is assumed that the moon was on its path through the sky, since most people only have ever seen the moon ...[text shortened]... ing the same thing as the moon actually had legs, too, but that didn't work out so well, either.
    The assumption the moon was moving in its path is wrong. It was the camera aboard the probe that was moving, it was flying by very fast and the perspective change is what gave the apparent change in position of the moon. But of course, following your MO, you would just deny that along with everything else. Thing is, it wasn't even a NASA probe. But that also doesn't matter since ALL space faring nations are in on the huge international conspiracy and therefore they ALL lie.

Funny how the lying population gets bigger all the time including more and more of the human race. Pretty soon you won't have to worry, all 8 billion of us will know this vast secret.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:05
    Took you a while to admit that didn't it?

It is assumed that the moon was on its path through the sky, since most people only have ever seen the moon in the sky.

It was also assumed that your claim of an elephant doing the same thing as the moon actually had legs, too, but that didn't work out so well, either.

Au contraire, it worked out perfectly. You were completely stumped and tried to run away. Only my goading you has got you to answer the sky question, and I bet you'll spend another few pages denying the implications.
    Funny how you repeat the lie that I claimed the elephant did the same thing as the moon then each time you are called on it admit that I did not, then forget again by the next post.

So far we have established some incontrovertible facts:
    1. Whether an object appears to rotate depends in part on the camera.
    2. We don't know what the camera was doing in the timelapse in question, so cannot determine the cause of the apparent rotation.
    Therefore any claim that such rotation is a property of the moon is unfounded. Further, we would actually expect some rotation to appear in the ground based timelapse that is different from what would be expected in a timelapse from a different vantage point.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:341 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The assumption the moon was moving in its path is wrong. It was the camera aboard the probe that was moving, it was flying by very fast and the perspective change is what gave the apparent change in position of the moon. But of course, following your MO, you would just deny that along with everything else. Thing is, it wasn't even a NASA probe. But that al ...[text shortened]... human race. Pretty soon you won't have to worry, all 8 billion of us will know this vast secret.
    The assumption the moon was moving in its path is wrong. It was the camera aboard the probe that was moving, it was flying by very fast and the perspective change is what gave the apparent change in position of the moon.
    I guess you know better than them, right?

EPIC maintains a constant view of the fully illuminated Earth as it rotates, providing scientific observations of ozone, vegetation, cloud height and aerosols in the atmosphere.
    -NASA
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:46
    [b]The assumption the moon was moving in its path is wrong. It was the camera aboard the probe that was moving, it was flying by very fast and the perspective change is what gave the apparent change in position of the moon.
    I guess you know better than them, right?

EPIC maintains a constant view of the fully illuminated Earth as it rotates, ...[text shortened]... c observations of ozone, vegetation, cloud height and aerosols in the atmosphere.
    -NASA
    [/b]
    What part of constant view prescribes the craft moving? If I am in a car moving down the highway and want to vid a scene, pretty girls at a beach or whatever, I pan the video to keep the girls in center frame while the car moves.

Is that something impossible for you to understand?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    25 May '17 13:53
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What part of constant view prescribes the craft moving? If I am in a car moving down the highway and want to vid a scene, pretty girls at a beach or whatever, I pan the video to keep the girls in center frame while the car moves.

Is that something impossible for you to understand?
    Never mind the sci-fi aspect of it, but... how would EPIC maintain a view of the earth in constant daylight and also be "moving down the highway" at the same time?
    Did you not notice?
    The earth's centerpiece position doesn't change at all.
    You know what else doesn't change?
    The clouds.
    Weird, huh.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '17 14:01
    Never mind the sci-fi aspect of it, but... how would EPIC maintain a view of the earth in constant daylight and also be "moving down the highway" at the same time?
    Did you not notice?
    The earth's centerpiece position doesn't change at all.
    You know what else doesn't change?
    The clouds.
    Weird, huh.
    And of course you are SUCH an expert as to be able to see clouds move from such a distance and resolution. This was not an especially hires camera, not much detail showing but yet you take that and think AHA now I have indisputable evidence of fraud.

You are a pariah and a romour in your own mind. As usual you have nothing but steam coming out your ears.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree