1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 17:27
    @Wajoma
    One thing we can agree on, I would like to see exactly what he said, all I see here are third party references, he said something we didn't like, but exactly what was that? Don't get me wrong, I am not a closet fan of the dude, just curious as to what he said and the context.
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 18:20
    @no1marauder said
    The quote is contained in this article starting with "Pride in one's own race .........."'https://newrepublic.com/post/179566/north-carolina-governor-candidate-mark-robinson-quoting-hitler
    'pride in ones own race' sounds a bit like 'black lives matter'. Is that it?

Is that all you've got vivify?
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 20:24
    @wajoma said

Exercise:

Google "Proud to be black" then google "Proud to be white".

Interesting the way you will be steered.

Anyway, back to Black Hitler, Mark Robinson. How we doing vivify?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Mar '24 21:13
    @wajoma said

No, it doesn't.

The irony of an anarcho-capitalist being opposed to a group who's main purpose is to reduce the number of civilians killed by those cloaked with authority by the State is pretty rich.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 00:581 edit
    @vivify said
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/05/mark-robinson-north-carolina

Hitler-quoting candidate wins North Carolina Republican gubernatorial primary

Mark Robinson, North Carolina’s lieutenant governor who has a history of making inflammatory comments and has said he would abolish abortion rights, has won the state’s Republican nomination for governor. ...[text shortened]... ts” and “flies”.

In 2014, he quoted Hitler on Facebook in a statement about racial pride.
    There's a thing called 'Godwins Law':

"Short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1 "

Haha, vivfy decided to save us all the hassle, cut out all the chit chat and go straight to Mark Robinson is like Hitler. Godwins Law is already old and outdated why bother with all the too'ing and fro'ing, first post 'BAM' Hitler.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 02:231 edit
    @wajoma said
    There's a thing called 'Godwins Law':

"Short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1 "

Haha, vivfy decided to save us all the hassle, cut out all the chit chat and go straight to Mark Robinson is like Hitler. Godwins ...[text shortened]... aw is already old and outdated why bother with all the too'ing and fro'ing, first post 'BAM' Hitler.
    Except when the comparison is compelling and accurate.

Why must you be the rock in everyone's shoe?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 02:25
    @no1marauder said
    No, it doesn't.

The irony of an anarcho-capitalist being opposed to a group who's main purpose is to reduce the number of civilians killed by those cloaked with authority by the State is pretty rich.
    Bingo.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 21:011 edit
    @suzianne said
    Except when the comparison is compelling and accurate.

Why must you be the rock in everyone's shoe?
    vivify, question for you. Do you agree with suziman that Mark Robinson saying we should understand tyrants, what makes them, why they happen, makes him black hitler?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree