Obama endorses smoking pot

Obama endorses smoking pot

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
20 Jan 14

Ok, maybe this is bending the truth a bit, but he did say that drinking alcohol is worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542343/President-Obama-says-marijuana-dangerous-alcohol.html

In one swoop, Obama had destroyed the heart and soul of the libertarian movement.

Moves
20 Jan 14

Daily Mail.

Thread closed.

rain

Moves
20 Jan 14

Originally posted by whodey
Ok, maybe this is bending the truth a bit
You should start all your posts with this.

w

Moves
20 Jan 14

Originally posted by vivify
You should start all your posts with this.
Please, just google it and you will see that the story is legit.

In the spirit of President Obama, I've decided to list the most famous and successful pot heads of all time.

1. President Obama.....not Clinton because he did not inhale.
2. Ted Turner.
3. Michael Phelps.
4. Rick Steves. (I laughed when I found this out. Pretty funny)

Anyone else?

M

Moves
20 Jan 14

In the spirit of President Obama, I've decided to list the most famous and successful pot heads of all time.

2. Ted Turner.
3. Michael Phelps.

Anyone else?
Joe Rogan
Willie Nelson
The Dude

K

Germany

Moves
20 Jan 14

And the notion that cannabis is less harmful than alcohol is controversial because...?

w

Moves
20 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
And the notion that cannabis is less harmful than alcohol is controversial because...?
Both are carcinogens, however, smoking seems to have other ill effects such as COPD.

We have all met people who are drunks or pot heads, although people who smoke pot from my experience tend to be more dedicated to their drug of choice than those who drink alcohol. Typically they are always broke and unreliable and would uproot themselves and give up their jobs to move to Timbuktoo if it is legal to smoke the stuff there, but not always.

I would say that from what I have seen and read, if you smoke pot in your teens it tends to have more detrimental effects on your intellect in future years. But then look at President Obama. That certainly seems to be false, eh? LOL.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
20 Jan 14

2. Ted Turner.
3. Michael Phelps.

Anyone else?
You're totally wrong, and I will not stand for this outrageous and scurrilous slandering of President Obama.

He was a cokehead.

w

Moves
20 Jan 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sasquatch672
You're totally wrong, and I will not stand for this outrageous and scurrilous slandering of President Obama.

He was a cokehead.
My apologies.......to cokeheads. 😛

I've read that about half of the American population has smoked the stuff at one time or another, which accounts to about the same number of voters who elected Obama.

Coincidence?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
20 Jan 14

My apologies.......to cokeheads. 😛

I've read that about half of the American population has smoked the stuff at one time or another, which accounts to about the same number of voters who elected Obama.

Coincidence?
Not sure which half voted for Obama - the half who have smoked pot (I have, three times), or the half that doesn't pay income tax. Or the half that is receiving government assistance. Or the half that has a vagina (or at least low-T). There are a lot of halves to consider.

w

Moves
20 Jan 14

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Not sure which half voted for Obama - the half who have smoked pot (I have, three times), or the half that doesn't pay income tax. Or the half that is receiving government assistance. Or the half that has a vagina (or at least low-T). There are a lot of halves to consider.
In another 3 years, I say we will all be smoking the stuff, just to cope.

w

Moves
20 Jan 14

President Peanut must be commended. All I'm waiting for is for him to say that smoking pot is a "right".

rc

Moves
20 Jan 14

Ok, maybe this is bending the truth a bit, but he did say that drinking alcohol is worse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542343/President-Obama-says-marijuana-dangerous-alcohol.html

In one swoop, Obama had destroyed the heart and soul of the libertarian movement.
I fully endorse LSD being added to the water supply in America.

P

Moves
20 Jan 14

Both are carcinogens, however, smoking seems to have other ill effects such as COPD.

We have all met people who are drunks or pot heads, although people who smoke pot from my experience tend to be more dedicated to their drug of choice than those who drink alcohol. Typically they are always broke and unreliable and would uproot themselves and give up thei ...[text shortened]... n future years. But then look at President Obama. That certainly seems to be false, eh? LOL.
Your personal, anecdotal accounts of those who over indulge in both alcohol and marijuana are meaningless. Lots of well-educated and very productive people smoke weed. Tobacco is definitely addictive. Alcohol is addictive for some. There is evidence that the tendency towards alcoholism is genetic as it runs in families and is more prevalent in certain ethnic groups. While I enjoy drinking and like a glow, I hate the effects of over indulging and go for long periods without the “glow”. Marijuana might be emotionally addictive for some, I don’t think there is evidence it is physically addictive like alcohol, for some, and tobacco for all. I’d like to see those who make poor life choices pay more for insurance/taxes ie riding a motorcycle or bike without a helmet or not using a seat belt in a car, being addicted to anything that leads to poor health including over eating.

K

Germany

Moves
20 Jan 14

We have all met people who are drunks or pot heads, although people who smoke pot from my experience tend to be more dedicated to their drug of choice than those who drink alcohol. Typically they are always broke and unreliable and would uproot themselves and give up thei ...[text shortened]... n future years. But then look at President Obama. That certainly seems to be false, eh? LOL.
Your bizarre stereotypes aside, it is not exactly hidden knowledge that, on the whole, cannabis is much less harmful to one's health than alcohol. A short summary of the research on the topic can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_and_drug_consumption#Risks

Then again, I'm not surprised you are oblivious to rudimentary knowledge of the topic at hand, which appears to be a prerequisite for you to open a thread about it.