1. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Nov '14 06:231 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you supported Bush removing Saddam?
    Yes. I disagreed with his motives (Oil) and his reluctance to remove Mugabe.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '14 12:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I agree. I don't necessarily think it is wise to topple dictators, but I do think it is morally acceptable. Unfortunately the US has a history of installing more dictators than they have toppled. In fact, some of the ones they toppled, were ones they had installed.
    So what defines a dictator? Is it someone who does not hold elections?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '14 19:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '14 23:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '14 23:332 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    He took no such oath. Here's the oath he did take:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Nothing in the Constitution is consistent with the President unilaterally deciding to oust another country's leader.
    We'll see whether he does a unilateral ousting and whether it is ruled by official (constitutional) means that the office is faithfully executed by that event. Until then it is a matter of conjecture. Faithful execution of office and defense of the constitution are the stated interests.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree