Pope's approval numbers wane

Pope's approval numbers wane

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
28 Jul 15

Originally posted by whodey
But people are too greedy to help the hungry themselves.

That's why the elect those in government to force them to do the right thing.
The problem is not greed, it's spite. People are not inherently greedy, but they are inherently spiteful. This prevents voluntary charity from being as effective or efficient as a social safety net funded by involuntary contributions through collective consensus.

w

Moves
28 Jul 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Well, you just started a thread titled "Pope's approval numbers wane."
Yes I did, but what do we care?

Why do we care what other people think?

But we do care, don't we? Poll numbers indicate how much power and influence over the populace we have, or at least, so we think.

w

Moves
28 Jul 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
The problem is not greed, it's spite. People are not inherently greedy, but they are inherently spiteful. This prevents voluntary charity from being as effective or efficient as a social safety net funded by involuntary contributions through collective consensus.
I disagree.

Just look at politics to see what is going on. Here in the states people say they are about helping the poor through government redistribution, but when jobs go overseas to the poor folk these same people are all up in arms. If the truth be known, they just want more for themselves, they care little about the poor.

K

Germany

Moves
28 Jul 15

I disagree.

Just look at politics to see what is going on. Here in the states people say they are about helping the poor through government redistribution, but when jobs go overseas to the poor folk these same people are all up in arms. If the truth be known, they just want more for themselves, they care little about the poor.
Can you name a few of these people?

Moves
31 Jul 15

Do approval numbers matter?
Apparently, they mean the world to you, or you wouldn't have started this thread.

Moves
31 Jul 15

Are you a follower of this new left winged Jesus?
Feed the poor is new?

Love thy neighbour as thyself is new?

I don't know what bible you've been reading, whodey, that makes you conclude that Jesus was ever a neo-con, but it sure as Hell wasn't the Bible.