1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 12:41
    Whatever Progressives think is OK with me. They seem to have all the answers so lets just roll with it. 😵
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 16:091 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    im happy for them to sing about jesus as long as they sing about other gods at significant holidays and!!! as long as children can opt out without the school being judgmental about the parents (or childs) beliefs. either we celebrate all religious holidays or none.
    To bad schools usually out during the 4th of July. They could sing about the govt. growing up I didn't know of the Muslim region until they had some followers attack the US on Sept. 11th. Then I was already out of High School.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 16:27
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Are the kids forced to join the choir, or is membership optional?
    I think it is optional. There were a lot of Hmong's in the choir, I would assume that they might not be christians.
  4. Joined
    24 Jun '04
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 11:19
    Considering the state of many public school systems, I'm not sure they'd be faring any worse if there weren't public education.
    Funding cuts (mostly by Republicans) are responsible for many of the problems with public schools.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 12:13
    Originally posted by karnachz
    Funding cuts (mostly by Republicans) are responsible for many of the problems with public schools.
    US public schools are not that poorly funded. They are funded in the wrong way, largely through local (mostly property) taxes. This leads to schools needing the most funding receiving the least. In addition, the decision to maintain high levels of poverty significantly reduces educational performance.
  6. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 12:31
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    US public schools are not that poorly funded. They are funded in the wrong way, largely through local (mostly property) taxes. This leads to schools needing the most funding receiving the least. In addition, the decision to maintain high levels of poverty significantly reduces educational performance.
    You don't think the erosion of the family unit in poverty stricken areas has something to do with it?
  7. Germany
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 12:53
    You don't think the erosion of the family unit in poverty stricken areas has something to do with it?
    A stable home situation is important for educational achievement, but that does not necessarily require a traditional "family unit." And like I said, a conscious decision was made to create and/or maintain those "poverty stricken areas", so by simply eliminating poverty you would already solve much of the problem.
  8. Joined
    02 Mar '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 18:39
    it should be banned

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree