The ACA is here to stay

The ACA is here to stay

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
26 Jun 15

As a piece of legislation the ACA is pretty inept but at least the gnashing of teeth in this thread is entertaining.

w

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
As a piece of legislation the ACA is pretty inept but at least the gnashing of teeth in this thread is entertaining.
That's what I just don't get. Everyone hates it, including those that defend it like bill. They all acknowledge that Obamacare is not as good as a single payer system and also concede that Obamacare will lead to a single payer system.

So why lie and say that Obamacare is here to stay?

It seems very disingenuous to say the least.

E

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
Scalia (79), Kennedy (78), Ginsburg (82), and Breyer (76) are close to retirement. The next couple years are going to be interesting indeed. Are we going to get real justices on the bench? Or we going to get more social justices?
With the government we have today, there is no question. We will continue to get what we have been getting. Bend over and take it or do something about it.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by Eladar
With the government we have today, there is no question. We will continue to get what we have been getting. Bend over and take it or do something about it.
Like do what? (Just curious)

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by whodey
That's what I just don't get. Everyone hates it, including those that defend it like bill. They all acknowledge that Obamacare is not as good as a single payer system and also concede that Obamacare will lead to a single payer system.

So why lie and say that Obamacare is here to stay?

It seems very disingenuous to say the least.
"Everyone" does neither of those things. The latest polls show that a plurality now approve of the ACA and it's far from clear what the future will hold. Corporate interests strongly favor the retention of the law rather than a single payer system and in the US corporate interests usually get their way.

E

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by finnegan
Like do what? (Just curious)
The same thing that started this country originally.

Unless you are willing to die for what is right, you have no right to expect it.

K

Germany

Moves
26 Jun 15

Unless you are willing to die for what is right, you have no right to expect it.
You are willing to die in order to get the ACA repealed?

I would suggest seeking some professional help. Perhaps you can get some subsidies through the ACA to pay for it?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 Jun 15

You'd be willing to die to make sure that millions of people can't have medical care?

E

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
You are willing to die in order to get the ACA repealed?

I would suggest seeking some professional help. Perhaps you can get some subsidies through the ACA to pay for it?
It isn't just the ACA. If that was the only problem, then we'd be able to fix it.

The problem is a country that is run by an elite group of people. They even appoint a small group of judges to push through what they can't get by propaganda.

So no, it isn't just the ACA.

Planet Rain

Moves
26 Jun 15

It isn't just the ACA. If that was the only problem, then we'd be able to fix it.

The problem is a country that is run by an elite group of people. They even appoint a small group of judges to push through what they can't get by propaganda.

So no, it isn't just the ACA.
You're frustrated. We understand. As for me, I'm rooting for Bernie Sanders in 2016. 😉

E

Moves
26 Jun 15

Originally posted by Soothfast
You're frustrated. We understand. As for me, I'm rooting for Bernie Sanders in 2016. 😉
The people who started this country were frustrated too.

F

Cobra Command HQ

Moves
28 Jun 15

Affordable Care Act ain't so affordable.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FishHead111
Affordable Care Act ain't so affordable.
That is why most people call it Obamacare. It is only affordable to those people that are on public assistance - medicaid and food stamp programs. 😏

F

Cobra Command HQ

Moves
28 Jun 15
2 edits

F

Cobra Command HQ

Moves
28 Jun 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
That is why most people call it Obamacare. It is only affordable to those people that are on public assistance - medicaid and food stamp programs. 😏
Well hell they had free medical care anyway.
It would cost me $420 a month for a plan that only paid 70% of my bills, plus a big deductible.
Thank God I've got the VA.
The ACA is very affordable.
NOT.