Trump bond rejected. Bummer:)

Trump bond rejected. Bummer:)

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
41d

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-175-million-civil-fraud-bond-valid-new-york/

They neglected to include that pesky detail about actual cash on hand if they have to make good on the 175 mil and other bits of information they didn't provide.
Maybe they will fix it but it better be soon, they have already given him 40 days now. So much for X45 having 400 million cash on hand like he said.

Moves
41d
1 edit

Ah yes...the Democrats and the hypocrisy.

You killed someone? No need for bail just show up to court.
Oh you're Trump? Pay the bond or its jail.

I'm not familiar with the law in the USA or how the Supreme Court works, or the appeals process but it definitely feels like double standards or biased something.
You can't have murderers out free awaiting trial with no bond and then impose a multi million dollar bail for Trump.

Also, they said his property wasn't worth that much so now all of a sudden it is valuable to warrant the high bail?

No wonder people who used to defend the Democrats aren't talking as much because they know it's becoming corrupted.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
41d

@fartacus said

I'm not familiar with the law in the USA or how the Supreme Court works, or the appeals process but it definitely feels like double standards or biased something.
Normally, bail is before trial. If you lose, you actually go to jail or pay the fine. Then you can launch your appeal from there.

Trump is 'special' though. It's a double standard we call the 'Rich People Don't Face Justice Card'. Only available in the US, and then only to the 1%.

Even though Trump lost his case, he doesn't have to pay dime.

He finds somebody else to write a 'promise' on a piece of paper and he walks away. Scot free. No consequences. No inconvenience. He can Fuggetaboutit!

Oh, his lawyers then start a 20-30 years long appeal process, but Trump will be long dead before that finishes up so - good!

All settled. America justice. Hooah.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
41d

@Fartacus
You don't follow much do you? Anything Trumpian GREAT, anything dem ANYTHING by BIden BAD.
There seem to be rules with these kind of bonds, I did not know about, like vetting the person giving the money, will the check bounce kind of thing and there are apparently paperwork you are supposed to enter when you send of a huge amount of money like that. It is not like sending a money gram for a thou somewhere.
I was surprised myself it is under heavy scrutiny. Out of my league for sure.
They just want to be sure the bond is real and there is that amount in THEIR bank, not Trump's.
But Trump DID say he had 400 mil so it is clear if he does have that much cash on hand he will do anything to not have to use it. Or it could be he was lying about that like he lies about everything else in his life.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
41d

@spruce112358
Well this 175 mil bond is less than half the real thing, that didn't go away, still a half BIL, this bond is just a down payment.

Moves
41d
1 edit

If he was found guilty why are people calling it a bond? Bond is the same as pretrial bail.

Wouldn't it be a fine or restitution if he lost?

Moves
41d
1 edit

So bail is YOU pay to avoid jail before trial.
Bond is a percentage paid by someone else to get you out of pretrial jail.

So obviously he didn't lose that case yet so why are murderers walking free with no bail/bond but Trump isn't?

This whole thing will be tossed out due to biases.

Moves
41d

@sonhouse said
@Fartacus
You don't follow much do you? Anything Trumpian GREAT, anything dem ANYTHING by BIden BAD.
There seem to be rules with these kind of bonds, I did not know about, like vetting the person giving the money, will the check bounce kind of thing and there are apparently paperwork you are supposed to enter when you send of a huge amount of money like that. It is not li ...[text shortened]... ve to use it. Or it could be he was lying about that like he lies about everything else in his life.
Well, ask yourself the same question. Aren't you against everything Trump and everything Biden is good?
You're too old to be biased.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
40d

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
40d

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
40d

@fartacus said

So obviously he didn't lose that case yet so why are murderers walking free with no bail/bond but Trump isn't?

Weird. The robomod is objecting to my Trump imitation! LMAO!

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
40d
1 edit

@fartacus said

Trump has already been found guilty. He LOST the case. He had his day in court. He LOST.

Anyone else would be seeing the bailiff and writing a very large check.

But Trump called his lawyers into a conference room, locked the doors and began screaming at them "I'm not paying a dime, do you understand?! What do I pay you for?!"

And they lawyers tried to calm him down, "Sir! Sir! We understand. We get it. You aren't going to pay a dime. We will get a bond. You are off the hook. Sir! You won't pay a dime." etc. etc.

And so the lawyers went and found a judge who owed them and he reduced the upfront guarantee. And then they found some firms to write a bond - so now those guys are on the hook, but they are hoping the interest payments will be attractive AT LEAST until those people can quit and get jobs at OTHER finance companies before this all goes to hell in a handbasket.

And Trump has calmed down because he can now ignore this because - as I mentioned - the appeals will take at least decades. And the lawyers millions-of-dollars per year salaries are secure.

And everybody is happy again.

EDIT: This is the post the robomods don't want you to see. It was a lot better in the original... 🙂

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
40d

@spruce112358 said
Normally, bail is before trial. If you lose, you actually go to jail or pay the fine. Then you can launch your appeal from there.

Trump is 'special' though. It's a double standard we call the 'Rich People Don't Face Justice Card'. Only available in the US, and then only to the 1%.

Even though Trump lost his case, he doesn't have to pay dime.

He finds somebody el ...[text shortened]... t Trump will be long dead before that finishes up so - good!

All settled. America justice. Hooah.
Joe will be along any minute now to support you in your inability to know the difference between a court appearance bail bond and a deposit on what the court decided to fine someone already found guilty

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
40d

@fartacus said

You can't have murderers out free awaiting trial with no bond ...[text shortened]... e who used to defend the Democrats aren't talking as much because they know it's becoming corrupted.
Oh, spare me.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
40d
1 edit

@Fartacus
I guess you are so young you didn't live through the years of incompetence of Trump when he was POTUS. Like fukking IGNORING covid for MONTH after MONTH till he was pressured by his own ass likers to get something done.
So he goes, ingest bleach, kills covid in minutes or shove a UV light up your butt, also kills covid and you don't think that is incompetence in action right on TV? If Biden had said anything that stupid you would be screaming off with his head.
That is only ONE example of the utter incompetence of your fascist orange antiChrist.
His latest? putting a 10% tariff on anything coming into the US not even knowing that 10% will by paid for by US CITIZENS and I bet you know that full well but give him a bye anyway.