1. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 08:28
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Tyson Foods Hires 42,000 Asylum Seekers

Thank you, democrats, one and all, for making slave labor all the rage again.
    Tell it to the libertarians opposing an enforceable minimum wage, libertarian economics is based on an acceptance of whatever the free market demands, including modern day slave labour.
    In short make these companies pay a decent minimum wage, Bernie Sanders has a figure in mind
  2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 11:20
    @kevcvs57 said
    Tell it to the libertarians opposing an enforceable minimum wage, libertarian economics is based on an acceptance of whatever the free market demands, including modern day slave labour.
    In short make these companies pay a decent minimum wage, Bernie Sanders has a figure in mind
    Finally, a Bernie follower who knows what Bernnie considers a proper wage. Why do you keep us in suspense? Please divulge.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 11:311 edit
    @wildgrass said
    LOL do you know how surveys work?
    LOL yes I do. do you?
    A “select” number of people are asked question. They may or may not tell the truth. There is nothing making this small group example apply to the whole.

Maybe you should stop making unsupported claims.
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 15:21
    @averagejoe1 said
    Finally, a Bernie follower who knows what Bernnie considers a proper wage. Why do you keep us in suspense? Please divulge.
    That’s an opening gambit if you’re not making 💩 up again dummy but he does want a higher minimum wage than you have at the moment.
    I sounds like this thread is highlighting why corporations cannot be trusted and must be subject to employment law and minimum standards of pay and conditions
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 15:52
    @kevcvs57
    Right wingers think corporations are all altruistic and only have the employees welfare at the top of their list. They would NEVER employ children in the meat butchering industry for instance......
  6. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 19:51
    @mott-the-hoople said
    LOL yes I do. do you?
    A “select” number of people are asked question. They may or may not tell the truth. There is nothing making this small group example apply to the whole.

Maybe you should stop making unsupported claims.
    Facepalm. Have you ever been fishing? When you catch a fish, do you tell your buddies it's the only fish in the sea?

Lol.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '24 23:47
    @wildgrass said
    Facepalm. Have you ever been fishing? When you catch a fish, do you tell your buddies it's the only fish in the sea?

Lol.
    Doesn’t even make sense
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 01:47
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Doesn’t even make sense
    Give this fish a little line..................
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Mar '24 01:51
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Doesn’t even make sense
    Stupid people spend their entire lives saying this.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Mar '24 22:06
    @Suzianne
    Especially when they are looking at themselves in a mirror.
  11. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 00:39
    @kevcvs57 said
    I sounds like this thread is highlighting why corporations cannot be trusted and must be subject to employment law and minimum standards of pay and conditions
    Turkey, corporations are subject to laws of employment and minimum standards and conditions. You just wasted my typing , thanks a lot. Even Suzianne knows that.
    Were you just telling us something that is already written in stone?
    And aren't you one of those people who rages about living wage but never divulges the formula?? Tell us what it is so that we can write about it. I will be your first responder!!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 17:231 edit
    @AverageJoe1
    Hey, tell us WHY corps have to abide by minimum standards, which BTW some of them ignore, like slaughter houses employing 11 year old kids which they just got a huge fine for ignoring child labor laws.
    Come on, tell us WHY big corps have minimum standards.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2023/feb/17/underage-child-labor-working-slaughterhouse-investigation#:~:text=The%20states%20in%20which%20the,which%20had%2026%20employed%20children.
  13. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    25 Mar '24 17:45
    @sonhouse said
    @AverageJoe1
    Hey, tell us WHY corps have to abide by minimum standards, which BTW some of them ignore, like slaughter houses employing 11 year old kids which they just got a huge fine for ignoring child labor laws.
    Come on, tell us WHY big corps have minimum standards.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2023/feb/17/underage-child-labor-working-slaughterhouse-investigation#:~:text=The%20states%20in%20which%20the,which%20had%2026%20employed%20children.
    Why would I enter a discussion about common sense? We all know why. Whew. We also know that if someone breaks hiring laws (11-yr olds) they must be punished and fined.
    I learn NUUUUTH-THING!!!!
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Mar '24 17:40
    @AverageJoe1
    And 200 years ago YOU would have been using children in your mines and reveling in the money coming in off the backs of 10 year old children.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '24 12:45
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Doesn’t even make sense
    ... Because you don't understand how surveys work.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree