29 Aug '15 02:55
    As Draco said - all men are evil.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 23:17
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Although it is a supposedly monotheistic religion, Christianity has an entire zoo of supernatural entities in continuous conflict with each other and continually intruding into the workings of this planet. It is quite a surprise that the Creation has managed to keep going against their continuous subversion. Christianity never even tried to exclude the p ...[text shortened]... t is apparently necessary to sign up to this mad parallel universe as a condition of membership.
    What you don't seem to understand is that what the pagans worshipped were really idols and not gods at all. 😏
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 23:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The evil was due to the fact that the Sons of God (the watching angels) saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful and they took all they pleased as wives and corrupted mankind to the point that they were thiking of evil things contrary to the will of God.

Only eight people were left unaffected by this corruption, and God had to save man at that time ...[text shortened]... a good line of descent for the Messiah to come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watcher_(angel)
    Read a little further and you'll discover that Noah wasn't so pure and innocent.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 23:47
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Read a little further and you'll discover that Noah wasn't so pure and innocent.
    Why would you think I believe Noah was pure and innocent?
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 23:49
    Why would you think I believe Noah was pure and innocent?
    Only eight people were left unaffected by this corruption,
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 00:21
    Originally posted by normbenign
    [b]Only eight people were left unaffected by this corruption, [/b]
    This corruption was from the mixing of the sons of God (the watchers) with the daughters of men. It did not mean that Noah and his family were sinless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watcher_(angel)
  7. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 Aug '15 12:38
    What you don't seem to understand is that what the pagans worshipped were really idols and not gods at all. 😏
    So you align with the iconoclasts then? Like Islam does.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Sep '15 03:51
    So you align with the iconoclasts then? Like Islam does.
    Not really. Icons don't really bother me at all for I know they are not gods. 😏
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 22:19
    Not really. Icons don't really bother me at all for I know they are not gods. 😏
    I read this by chance this morning and thought of you.

"When e.g. we see a man kneel and pray before an idol, and the content is reprehensible from the point of view of reason, we can nevertheless cling to his feeling that is alive in his prayer, and can say that this feeling has the same value as that of the Christian who worships the semblance of truth, and as that of the philosopher who immerses himself in eternal truths with his thinking reason. Only the objects are different; but the subjective feeling is one and the same." Hegel (Lectures 51)
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    02 Sep '15 23:23
    I read this by chance this morning and thought of you.

"When e.g. we see a man kneel and pray before an idol, and the content is reprehensible from the point of view of reason, we can nevertheless cling to his feeling that is alive in his prayer, and can say that this feeling has the same value as that of the Christian who worships the semblance of t ...[text shortened]... objects are different; but the subjective feeling is one and the same." Hegel (Lectures 51)
    It seems to me that all men have worshiped before some idol, representing their version of "God". You would likely make your idol "Science or Education", in the process setting yourself up as superior to those who revere other lesser gods, in your view.

Whatever floats your boat.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Sep '15 13:24
    I think it means God's a mysantrope (or however you spell it).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree