Will they actually repeal the ACA?

Will they actually repeal the ACA?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
30 Nov 16

If a person wants to buy shoes or pants or a shirt the person is also happy to pay an additional 10 percent on already taxed dollars.

E

Moves
30 Nov 16

Originally posted by Eladar
If a person wants to buy shoes or pants or a shirt the person is also happy to pay an additional 10 percent on already taxed dollars.
Just looked up that tax. It is a general tax only federal. Not just for medical care.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Nov 16

Just looked up that tax. It is a general tax only federal. Not just for medical care.
It's still a complete outrage that the majority of people would be allowed to actually vote for taxes that everybody has to pay.

Or something like that.

E

Moves
30 Nov 16

Originally posted by no1marauder
It's still a complete outrage that the majority of people would be allowed to actually vote for taxes that everybody has to pay.

Or something like that.
Comolete outrage at the arrogant person who speaks for all.

Australia

Moves
30 Nov 16

It's a federal tax collected on behalf of the states, who signed over their right to tax to the Feds several decades ago. It's 100% distributed back to the states, who spend almost all of it on hospitals - it's accepted that the states' biggest expense by far is health. It's only "general" in the way that it's collected nationally by the Feds.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Nov 16

Comolete outrage at the arrogant person who speaks for all.
The People speak for all and each individual gets a vote, not a veto. So long as the Natural Rights of all are protected, that is surely in keeping with any theory of a representative democratic State.

E

Moves
01 Dec 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
It's a federal tax collected on behalf of the states, who signed over their right to tax to the Feds several decades ago. It's 100% distributed back to the states, who spend almost all of it on hospitals - it's accepted that the states' biggest expense by far is health. It's only "general" in the way that it's collected nationally by the Feds.
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it might go for other things as well. Our sales taxes get applied to all sorts of things.

E

Moves
01 Dec 16

The People speak for all and each individual gets a vote, not a veto. So long as the Natural Rights of all are protected, that is surely in keeping with any theory of a representative democratic State.
Nice to see that you speak for the people comrad.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 16

Nice to see that you speak for the people comrad.
🙄🙄🙄

E

Moves
01 Dec 16

I guess by your logic all of the people of the US gladly elected Trump as President of the United States.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 16
1 edit

I guess by your logic all of the people of the US gladly elected Trump as President of the United States.
If by my logic you mean the logic of Lockean democracies such as the US, then the People will have to deal with the consequences of his election and obey the policies that result from it unless those policies contradict the Natural Law and then they are morally free to disobey them.

E

Moves
01 Dec 16

If by my logic you mean the logic of Lockean democracies such as the US, then the People will have to deal with the consequences of his election and obey the policies that result from it unless those policies contradict the Natural Law and then they are morally free to disobey them.
So you agree everyone in the United States is happy Trump was elected according to your logic.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 16

So you agree everyone in the United States is happy Trump was elected according to your logic.
Yeah, anybody reading the post you are responding to could easily see that that was EXACTLY what I was saying.🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

rc

Moves
02 Dec 16

Just how divisive is this Trump administration? Its very difficult to get any real sense of it purely by reading articles. Only yesterday I was reading an article which likened it to the civil war. Is it really that divisive?

E

Moves
02 Dec 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Just how divisive is this Trump administration? Its very difficult to get any real sense of it purely by reading articles. Only yesterday I was reading an article which likened it to the civil war. Is it really that divisive?
To a vast majority of Americans? No

To the extremists leftists and facist of both right and left? I hope so