"An Endangered Species?"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
09 Jul 14

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Jul 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
"For the practice of wearing a kilt without undergarments, see True Scotsman. No true Scotsman is an informal fallacy, an ad hoc attempt to retain an unreasoned assertion.[1] When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim ("no Scotsman would do such a thing" ), rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule ("no true Scotsman would do such a thing" ),[2] creating an implied tautology. It can also be used to create unnecessary requirements by adding "true" or "real" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Greetings, Duchess; thanks for your reply. Would you care to comment further on the referenced wiki site text above?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
09 Jul 14

My Grandma had this definition of a Gentleman (and by symmetry a Lady) - someone who is never unintentionally rude.

D

Moves
09 Jul 14
2 edits

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
09 Jul 14
2 edits

Hitler was a Nazi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

😛 😉 🙂

D

Moves
09 Jul 14

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jul 14

My opinion, if he did or said something grossly and totally inappropriate, he is no gentleman. 🙂

D

Moves
10 Jul 14

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jul 14

I know a thing or two about her
I know she'll only make you cry
She'll let you walk the street beside her
But when she wants she'll pass you by

Everybody says she's lookin' good
And the lady knows it's understood
Strutter

She wears her satins like a lady
She gets her way just like a child
You take her home and she says "Maybe, baby"
She takes you down and drives you wild

Strutter

I know a thing or two about her
I know she'll only make you cry
She'll let you walk the street beside her
But when she wants, she'll pass you by

Strutter
Strutter
Strutter

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
10 Jul 14

"Well, Gentlemen of Red Hot Pawn, how do we and our sons and grandsons measure up against these "10 Simple Steps to Raising a New Generation of Gentlemen!" from Judi Vankevich in a "selfish and self-centered culture" or are they sexist?"

So, you would agree with the final phrase of the original post: "in a 'selfish and self-centered culture' or are they sexist"?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jul 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"Well, Gentlemen of Red Hot Pawn, how do we and our sons and grandsons measure up against these "10 Simple Steps to Raising a New Generation of Gentlemen!" from Judi Vankevich in a "selfish and self-centered culture" or are they sexist?"

So, you would agree with the final phrase of the original post: "in a 'selfish and self-centered culture' or are they sexist"?
From what I've seen, each successive generation has diminished in chivalry and any decent code of conduct. The Bushido Code, The Code of the West, a thing of the past. Only a few hold out in modern times.

D

Moves
10 Jul 14

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

Is there a culture or country or community that doesn't have serious issues?
I notice you didn't bust on TCOTW. Note my moniker.
Hope all is well with you.
Edit: Tips hat

D

Moves
10 Jul 14

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
10 Jul 14

Thanks for clarifying your point. Women and children are mistreated worldwide, it's tragic. Not only that, cruelty seems epidemic, and from reading history, that hasn't changed, might have improved. 🙂