1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 16:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    I note that several people Grampy Bobby describes as "cowards"' have given Kegge's post a Thumbs Down.
    And the significance of "a Thumbs Down" being given to "Kegge's post"?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '15 18:23
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    And the significance of "a Thumbs Down" being given to "Kegge's post"?
    Don't you think it's "cowardice"? You've made the assertion many a time.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '15 07:22
    Originally posted by Kegge
    Yep. I also wish Bashar Assad would die and he never even annoyed me on the internet, go figure.
    You're justifying your hateful death-wish comment about a RHP member who's posts anoy by comparing him to a dictator accused of war crimes?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Nov '15 19:39
    "Basic guide to a good/bad thread" (OP)

"Enigmatic Entity: We've all seen good and bad threads; and while that may be somewhat subjective, here's the general consensus on things that make for a good thread.

Informative: People like to learn things. I find facts and current news interesting, even fascinating. I'm sure many others do too.

Entertaining: Whether it be through humour or otherwise like competitions/contests, challenges or games (bonus points for prizes), we love to have fun.

Easy to read and understand: People shouldn't have to strain to understand what you're trying to say, make it easy for them. It means that more people will bother to read what you've worked hard (or not so much) to create. Try to structure it well and if it needs one, give an intro.

Interaction with whoever comments & involvement of other members: Check the comments every so often, reply to the messages to keep in touch with other users. Also, try to keep an open mind about things even if others don't agree with what you're saying. There's not much of a point in making the thread on a public forum if you're not interested by what people have to say in response. Appreciate humour and other people's creations and ideas (even that guy you don't like).

Purposeful: It's nice for a thread to have a purpose, rather than just making a post for the sake of it. Pretty basic.

Helpful Tutorials, helpful tips and going out of your way to help fellow forumgoers deserve some kudos.

Original: There's nothing better than your own creation. Show yourself and don't be afraid to share your ideas with the rest of us. Try not to blatantly rip off others for your own glory or recognition.

Thought provoking/Engaging: Food for thought, our minds get bored and we need to exercise them.

Posted in the correct section Know who your target audience is and in which part of the forums the post should be in.

Unbiased: Self-explanatory. Nobody likes a stubborn fool and it's nice to keep your mind open to other interpretations.

Discriminating: This is just disrespectful and usually unwarranted.

Making the post all about yourself unless it's about an experience you'd like to share: (Otherwise known as 'attention whoring' )

Flamebait/Bait in general: (exceptions can be made for the very clever/funny)

Spamming: (Obviously, this is just childish and annoying)

One word titles/Misleading titles/Clickbait: No quality.

"Discuss": A body consisting of just 'discuss' isn't very engaging, and is generally unappealing to a reader.

Beating a dead thread: Once your thread has had its time, let it go. If there is no interest in it, it just wasn't meant to be. Please do not bump a million times to artificially increase its life or post count. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Quality always trumps quantity. Having more of the 'good' in threads and less of the 'bad' makes our home a more enjoyable place. Most of you are very capable of making good threads. This is only a quick rushed thread, please feel free to add more in the comments and I'll try to edit them into the OP with credit. This is the first draft and I know it's not refined. I am in no way claiming to be a good poster, these are just some thoughts. Enjoy."

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/157743663/0/0/1

Request: Please review these statements; then comment on the do's and don'ts in terms of relevance to RHP's Public Forums in 2015-16. Thanks,"
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 00:30
    The OP material posted/reposted for a third time and we're only at the start of page 4?
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 00:39
    Originally posted by Seitse
    DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.
    9 thumbs up.

When will the Boston Lard get the message?
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 03:40
    9 thumbs up.

When will the Boston Lard get the message?
    He got the message.........it came from you........therefore irrelevant and ignored.

Have a nice day !!!
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 10:17
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    He got the message.........it came from you........therefore irrelevant and ignored.

Have a nice day !!!
    Indeed, but I won't do that to you, my friend.

Shall we retake our conversation about childish hobbies and
    the trouble of being a descendant of thieves, killers and street
    walkers?

Come on, trust me, offload your chest. I am here to listen to you
    as a friend.
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    03 Nov '15 10:44
    Indeed, but I won't do that to you, my friend.

Shall we retake our conversation about childish hobbies and
    the trouble of being a descendant of thieves, killers and street
    walkers?

Come on, trust me, offload your chest. I am here to listen to you
    as a friend.
    I admit....my descendent who was transported to Australia in 1840 was convicted of stealing a hanky from a Mr D.A. Seitse. It's been 175 years. Time to find forgiveness in your heart. I know that hanky was a family heirloom but surely, it's time to forgive and forget.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 02:51
    my descendent who was transported to Australia in 1840 was convicted of stealing
    It was a bit more than that, to be honest. More like witchcraft,
    prostitution, thievery and vagrancy. Disease and bad teeth as well.

Do you feel that such a trauma has anything to do with clinging
    to that anime stuff despite being over 18?

It's ok. Take it off your chest. You're starting to make progress.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 03:171 edit

Condescension and patronizing seldom if ever read well on a lady.
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '15 03:18

If your still on about the hanky.....well look you can have it back. Your family holds a grudge for a long time. It still has your initials on it. DA.

Anyway........as I said to you before. You show me yours and I'll show you mine. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who'd like to know more about your childhood and what disaster caused you to be the way that you are. Common dude.....you can do it. It just takes that first little step.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 04:20
    If your still on about the hanky.....well look you can have it back. Your family holds a grudge for a long time. It still has your initials on it. DA.

Anyway........as I said to you before. You show me yours and I'll show you mine. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who'd like to know more about your childhood and what disaster caused you to be the way that you are. Common dude.....you can do it. It just takes that first little step.
    There's no margin in holding a grudge or in booking a flight on emotional guilt trips. Forgive and forget and move on in your life.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 05:15
    Condescension and patronizing never read well. Full stop. Neither age nor gender changes this.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 09:12
    Have no fear, that's no lady. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree