Big Sam is gone.

Big Sam is gone.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Sep 16
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
As all of us with a rudimentary grasp of the language know, the word "entrapment" means "Of law enforcement, the act of leading or guiding a suspect into committing a criminal act the suspect otherwise would not have committed" [from the same online dictionary as you used for "legitimate"].

So - seeing as Sam Allardyce did not commit a "criminal act" and the ...[text shortened]... story broke any law or that anything that one could legitimately call "entrapment" had happened.
This has already been addressed. Please read the thread prior to posting because your text not only regurgitates an argument already made but makes a rather glaring assumption, that being that for entrapment to have occurred a criminal element must be present. It seems that despite your alleged rudimentary grasp of language that this is not necessarily the case.

Simple Definition of entrapment
: the act of entrapping someone or something or the condition of being entrapped
: the illegal act of tricking someone into committing a crime so that the person you have tricked can be arrested

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entrapment

You will please note that there are two definitions, one with a legal basis and one without. I therefore reject your text on the basis that a legal aspect must be present in order for someone to be the victim of entrapment. This is now the second time I have stated this and I will not do so again. Please try to be less self assuming with regard to your semantic arguments and more creative in your questioning or at very least make sure you have read the previous arguments because its rather tedious to respond to arguments that have been addressed elsewhere.

rc

Moves
30 Sep 16

Originally posted by lemon lime
I suppose he could claim it was not his intention to get caught committing a crime.

He wouldn't know if the doors were unlocked or not unless he tries opening one. If he gets into the car he could claim he was mistaken, and thought it was his car. But that would only work if he actually did own a nearly identical car and it was parked somewhere nearby. ...[text shortened]... no other valuables to steal, means the bait car can be used multiple times without being damaged
This is my point exactly. An officer leaves keys in the ignition, in an abandoned and unlocked vehicle. Surely that is putting temptation someones way and I have a very difficult time with the ethics of such a stance, its inviting someone to commit a crime.

F

Moves
30 Sep 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
This has already been addressed. Please read the thread prior to posting because your text not only regurgitates an argument already made but makes a rather glaring assumption, that being that for entrapment to have occurred a criminal element must be present. It seems that despite your alleged rudimentary grasp of language that this is not necessari ...[text shortened]... arguments because its rather tedious to respond to arguments that have been addressed elsewhere.
So if you're not talking about "entrapment" in the sense of the legal concept of "entrapment", then why are you talking legalistically about whether he has a "legitimate case for the defence of entrapment", as you yourself put it, and why have you been mentioning crimes and "entrapment" in the legal sense as it pertains to criminal activity and the behaviour of the police? Surely "the defence of entrapment" is only something that occurs in a criminal case where there is a question about police methods?

rc

Moves
30 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
Er... I was referring to Sam, not robbie.
yes but it seems that your friend has a rather difficult time concealing his latent homoerotic fantasises.😵

F

Moves
30 Sep 16

yes but it seems that your friend has a rather difficult time concealing his latent homoerotic fantasises.😵
How so?

rc

Moves
30 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
So if you're not talking about "entrapment" in the sense of the legal concept of "entrapment", then why are you talking legalistically about whether he has a "legitimate case for the defence of entrapment", as you yourself put it, and why have you been mentioning crimes and "entrapment" in the legal sense as it pertains to criminal activity and the behaviour of ...[text shortened]... is only something that occurs in a criminal case where there is a question about police methods?
I have addressed the point, a crime does not need to have been committed in order for entrapment to have occurred. I will not do so again. Big Sam made the claim that he was the victim of entrapment, I want to understand if that claim is valid, legitimate, justifiable, reasonable, true etc etc

rc

Moves
30 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
How so?
he seems rather enamoured with the thought of men with their pants down.

F

Moves
30 Sep 16
1 edit

I have addressed the point, a crime does not need to have been committed in order for entrapment to have occurred. I will not do so again. Big Sam made the claim that he was the victim of entrapment, I want to understand if that claim is valid, legitimate, justifiable, reasonable, true etc etc
Of course it isn't a valid or legitimate claim seeing as "the defence of entrapment", as you put it, only applies to criminal cases.

F

Moves
30 Sep 16
1 edit

he seems rather enamoured with the thought of men with their pants down.
So your "comedy" here is that divegeester is perhaps homosexual because he is suggesting Sam Allardyce was caught with his pants down?

Moves
30 Sep 16

Forum GOLD

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Sep 16

This is my point exactly. An officer leaves keys in the ignition, in an abandoned and unlocked vehicle. Surely that is putting temptation someones way and I have a very difficult time with the ethics of such a stance, its inviting someone to commit a crime.
It is inviting a criminal to commit a crime, not an honest person.

rc

Moves
30 Sep 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
It is inviting a criminal to commit a crime, not an honest person.
Its scurrilously underhanded. Imagine you are a drug addict and you are out and about on your way to Chapel to pray for strength to resist your yearnings for narcotics. As you walk down the street your craving gnawing at you like an incurable toothache you chance upon an abandoned car with the keys dangling in the ignition like wind chimes on a garden wall, beckoning you forward with their harmonious tones. You try to fight the urge but they are too strong and overcome you. Next thing you know you are in the back of a police vehicle, handcuffed and on your way to the correctional centre and 4 days of cold turkey followed by five years incarceration. You had no intention of stealing a vehicle that day but temptation was put in your way?

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
30 Sep 16

Its scurrilously underhanded. Imagine you are a drug addict and you are out and about on your way to Chapel to pray for strength to resist your yearnings for narcotics. As you walk down the street your craving gnawing at you like an incurable toothache you chance upon an abandoned car with the keys dangling in the ignition like wind chimes on a gar ...[text shortened]... eration. You had no intention of stealing a vehicle that day but temptation was put in your way?
One less JW on the streets.

rc

Moves
30 Sep 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Captain Strange
One less JW on the streets.
There are plenty more where they came from, don't sweat it, we will find you. 😀

Moves
30 Sep 16

Its scurrilously underhanded. Imagine you are a drug addict and you are out and about on your way to Chapel to pray for strength to resist your yearnings for narcotics. As you walk down the street your craving gnawing at you like an incurable toothache you chance upon an abandoned car with the keys dangling in the ignition like wind chimes on a gar ...[text shortened]... eration. You had no intention of stealing a vehicle that day but temptation was put in your way?
Do you see Sam Allardyce as a victim or an exposed self-serving rule-breaker in all this?