Captain Obvious Game

Captain Obvious Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
17 Jan 14

Originally posted by lolof
So it's not the same accent at all, is it?
I lived there for five years. The people are warm and friendly. It took a few months before I could understand most of what they say. The worst was listening to two men discuss a hunting or fishing trip. πŸ˜• It seemed to degrade from colloquial English to "Slop Talk." Jeanne Robertson has a thick accent, but she enunciates sharper than most Americans. Many tend to slur their words.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 Jan 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
Super funny IMO
http://www.godvine.com/Hilarious-Comedian-Shares-Why-Men-Shouldn-t-Go-to-the-Grocery-Store-fb-gv-2880.html
Okay, now that was just about the funniest thing I've heard in months.

Heck no, I didn't have any problem understanding her, I spent a year in NC when I was around 8, and by the time we left NC, I was speaking about like a native. To this day it still slips out here and there, y'all and all. πŸ™‚

l

Moves
17 Jan 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Okay, now that was just about the funniest thing I've heard in months.

Heck no, I didn't have any problem understanding her, I spent a year in NC when I was around 8, and by the time we left NC, I was speaking about like a native. To this day it still slips out here and there, y'all and all. πŸ™‚
I like the sound of it, fascinating.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Jan 14

Originally posted by lolof
So it's not the same accent at all, is it?
Her and Dolly have very similar accents.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Jan 14

Super funny IMO
http://www.godvine.com/Hilarious-Comedian-Shares-Why-Men-Shouldn-t-Go-to-the-Grocery-Store-fb-gv-2880.html
Hard to believe she's 6'2"...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jan 14

Her and Dolly have very similar accents.
She's from Eastern Tennessee, just over the Smoky Mountains from NC. Jeanne might be from western NC, Asheville, probably. I lived down the road from Raleigh, in Wayne County.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Jan 14
4 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
She's from Eastern Tennessee, just over the Smoky Mountains from NC. Jeanne might be from western NC, Asheville, probably. I lived down the road from Raleigh, in Wayne County.
I lived in Raleigh and worked in Cary and Garner. She sounds a bit more "Gooberish" than most of the people I met during work in the grocery business.
The thing that got me was the amount of words Southerners use. They tend to speak in complete sentences. In my regular everyday speech I seldom string more than 4 words together.

Std Western English: Hi Suzi
Carolina: Well hey there Miss Suzi, how are you doing this fine day Sug?

Carolina: Hey Miss Suzi, I was thinking about going to the bakery for a doughnut. I wondered if you'd care for one. As long as I was going there anyway it would be no trouble.
Me: Wanna donut? πŸ˜•

Just found out she went to school in Graham NC. That's about 50 Miles or so WNW of Raleigh.

πŸ™‚

l

Moves
19 Jan 14

... Std Western English: Hi Suzi
Carolina: Well hey there Miss Suzi, how are you doing this fine day Sug?

Carolina: Hey Miss Suzi, I was thinking about going to the bakery for a doughnut. I wondered if you'd care for one. As long as I was going there anyway it would be no trouble...

πŸ™‚
What a charming way to live. I would like that very much.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jan 14

I lived in Raleigh and worked in Cary and Garner. She sounds a bit more "Gooberish" than most of the people I met during work in the grocery business.
The thing that got me was the amount of words Southerners use. They tend to speak in complete sentences. In my regular everyday speech I seldom string more than 4 words together.

Std Western English: ...[text shortened]... found out she went to school in Graham NC. That's about 50 Miles or so WNW of Raleigh.

πŸ™‚
lol, this is so true.

Graham, huh, that's only about 100 miles from Goldsboro.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
20 Jan 14

Super funny IMO
I sure want to hear the man's account πŸ™‚

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 Feb 14

A meme with no picture is a quote.
That was not obvious to me.

IN the spirit of the thread:

A picture can say more than thousand words.

l

Moves
05 Feb 14

Super funny IMO
I have shared this with my friends and we all love her. πŸ™‚

Planet Rain

Moves
05 Feb 14

To play, post a no brainer quote or link to a meme quote.

George Bernard Shaw: If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.
Republicans are the sperm of Satan's planetary phuck-fest.

Über-Nerd

Moves
08 Feb 14

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Über-Nerd

Moves
08 Feb 14

No brainer: "Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." Brooke Shields