1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:36
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Why didn't you?
    Afraid of heights, perhaps.

If my sister-in-law can learn to drive at 48, divegeester can still become a commercial pilot. But alas., It's the Chess Ratings Thing all over again I fear: he didn't become a pilot because there was something good on telly.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    Afraid of heights, perhaps.

If my sister-in-law can learn to drive at 48, divegeester can still become a commercial pilot. But alas., It's the Chess Ratings Thing all over again I fear: he didn't become a pilot because there was something good on telly.
    Oooooo you burn the divegester in his own thread!!

Wouldn't that be to not have fear of heights?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:44
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    I would make it so I could never experience boredom. I love relaxing, but you can only do nothing for so long. I am frequently obligated to chase after something for fear of boredom. Without boredom I would have a little more freedom.
    That's an interesting perspective.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:45
    Oooooo you burn the divegester in his own thread!!

Wouldn't that be to not have fear of heights?
    Don't worry I've reported him 😉
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't worry I've reported him 😉
    So there'll be no cover up then. Good,
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:481 edit
    Why didn't you?
    I went to Biggin Hill for RAF pilot selection when I was 17, but didn't make it as I blew the interview, and probably some of the tests. I could have tried again but was offered my choice of artificer via an NCO route. Meantime I went off the rails.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:51
    I went to Biggin Hill for RAF pilot selection when I was 17, but didn't make it .... Meantime I went off the rails.
    So you failed as a train driver AS WELL? 😲
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you failed as a train driver AS WELL? 😲
    I "failed" for the larger part of my early life; certainly onto my mid to late twenties
  9. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 21:57
    I went to Biggin Hill for RAF pilot selection when I was 17, but didn't make it as I blew the interview, and probably some of the tests. I could have tried again but was offered my choice of artificer via an NCO route. Meantime I went off the rails.
    Off the rails sounds fun, maybe you don't want to throw that away.
    I mean, have you heard piolts talk? They're not having fun. It's like listening to Tony Blair comentate on what you know you'd be excited about, but he's pacing his sentence to hold your attention and his (he loved the camera that war crimmie).

It was a tiny burn! You bounced back :-)
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 22:00
    Off the rails sounds fun, maybe you don't want to throw that away.
    I mean, have you heard piolts talk? They're not having fun. It's like listening to Tony Blair comentate on what you know you'd be excited about, but he's pacing his sentence to hold your attention and his (he loved the camera that war crimmie).

It was a tiny burn! You bounced back :-)
    Yes, I definitely had fun while of the rails. But looking back, I could have made so much more of the time.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 22:011 edit
    It's like listening to Tony Blair comentate on what you know you'd be excited about, but he's pacing his sentence to hold your attention and his
    If only the RAF had accepted Tony Blair. 😞

And divegeester too.
  12. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 22:34
    Yes, I definitely had fun while of the rails. But looking back, I could have made so much more of the time.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing they say.
    But we are who & where we are because of where we've been & seen. As you know, I'm sure.

I could pick out a zillion regrets. I bet we all could. But there's no joy at the end of that road.

How great could flying really be? I mean your work station is cramped. You're in a tin. The meals were made & reheated. You're looking at clouds and sky all day (no trees). The air is full of germs. You land somewhere you can't sleep because its morning again already, you can't speek enough language to ask for your coffee the way you want it when you get to Iceland and you're 3 nights away, 3 at home- that pattern alone would mess me up.
  13. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 22:35
    You can change one thing permanently about yourself, what would it be?

Appearance, character trait, country of residence, job etc...

🙂
    I would have to go with appearance. I think I would enjoy life being less ugly.
    People who know me would go with personality. I try and say just what I think, which make me a grumpy dude. Just wait until I get old.
    jajajajaja
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 22:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    If only the RAF had accepted Tony Blair.
    Come to think of it, either way, Blair would have ended up bombing Iraq.
  15. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 22:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    If only the RAF had accepted him
    Did he try then?
    They would have gotten that silliness out for sure.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree