Those darned Normans!
    wrong west Germanic/dutch/scandanavian.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 13:43
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    [b]ASCII

ASCII (LĖˆæski/ ass-kee), abbreviated from American Standard Code for Information Interchange,[1] is a character-encoding scheme. Originally based on the English alphabet, it encodes 128 specified characters into 7-bit binary integers as shown by the ASCII chart on the right.[2] The characters encoded are numbers 0 to 9, lowercase lett ...[text shortened]... g 1963 as a seven-bit teleprinter code for American Telephone & Telegraph's TWX (TeletypeWrit...[/b]
    Are you compensating?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 18:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I just notice that you seem to start a lot of threads which cast a back-handed slap at unspecified forum posters.
    You "just notice(d)"?

Yeah, right. You and FMF have been berating GB in the Spirituality Forum for months now whenever and wherever he posts.

And yeah. Compensatory behavior. The exact same reason many "inadequate" men buy HUGE pickup trucks is exactly why small-minded people attack others on the internet, from behind the safety of their monitors.

Your behavior is soooooooooo much better than his, though, merely because you specify exactly which posters you have issue with? This makes you the knight in shining armor while you portray him as the beggar in the streets?

No, you're only throwing your binky out the pram because you think he's talking about you.

Well, if the shoe fits, you can wear it. Just sayin'.
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 19:40
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just sayin'.
    but, i LOVE my truck!!!

*enter sobbyface here**enter sobbyface here**enter sobbyface here*
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 19:492 edits
    You "just notice(d)"?

Yeah, right. You and FMF have been berating GB in the Spirituality Forum for months now whenever and wherever he posts.

And yeah. Compensatory behavior. The exact same reason many "inadequate" men buy HUGE pickup trucks is exactly why small-minded people attack others on the internet, from behind the safety of their monitors. ...[text shortened]... he's talking [b]about you

Well, if the shoe fits, you can wear it. Just sayin'.[/b]
    Grammy Bobby repeatedly starts threads in multiple forums with the express point of having a dig at other posters who he lacks the courage to name. He makes snide but unnamed remarks and then when challenged he repeatedly copy/pastes his own posts or dumps reams of devastatingly boring copy/paste into the mix. He refuses to address on topic questions about even his own OP, repeatedly bumps these threads as they begin to mercifully die and all because, what? He's attention seeking. You support him because he regularly gives you and his other lackeys a soft stroke of your hair as you sit patiently at his feet awaiting his next mind-numbing, passive-aggressive metaphorical vomit.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 22:021 edit
    Grammy Bobby repeatedly starts threads in multiple forums with the express point of having a dig at other posters who he lacks the courage to name. He makes snide but unnamed remarks and then when challenged he repeatedly copy/pastes his own posts or dumps reams of devastatingly boring copy/paste into the mix. He refuses to address on topic questions abo ...[text shortened]... sit patiently at his feet awaiting his next mind-numbing, passive-aggressive metaphorical vomit.
    so....

are you saying that you didn't "just notice"?

Is "attention seeking" the real issue here?

Because I daresay all of us could be tarred with this brush. And yeah, from the invective obvious in your reply, even you. Does he take up too much of your spotlight?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 06:20
    Grammy Bobby repeatedly starts threads in multiple forums with the express point of having a dig at other posters who he lacks the courage to name. He makes snide but unnamed remarks and then when challenged he repeatedly copy/pastes his own posts or dumps reams of devastatingly boring copy/paste into the mix. He refuses to address on topic questions about ...[text shortened]... you sit patiently at his feet awaiting his next mind-numbing, passive-aggressive metaphorical vomit.
    "Grammy Bobby" sounds like an immature, conflicted, easily threatened person who is more to be pitied than scorned.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 13:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Grammy Bobby" sounds like an immature, conflicted, easily threatened person who is more to be pitied than scorned.
    It seems he's really talking about FMF (except for the "reams of boring copy/paste", I guess).
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 15:54
    That is your conclusion; I was simply pointing out you modus operandi.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Mar '15 16:42
    That is your conclusion; I was simply pointing out you modus operandi.
    "Grammy Bobby": An inadvertent garden variety typo or a gender misconception visa via the following exchange?
    Original post by Subscriber vistesd, 30 Jul '14 14:23

Originally posted by sh76 Thread 160368 (Page 2)
    FWIW, I'm also not sure the forum is any worse now in terms of flaming than it used to be. When hot button issues (especially Israel) come up, the temperature rises. But things got pretty hot in 2009 and 2010 as well. The Scriabin- FMF war and the utherpendragon-usarmyparatrooper rivalries, just to cite 2 examples, were as nasty as anything I've seen here recently. There were also some classic No1 vs. the world threads on the IRA issue that got almost comically brutal.

I don't know. Maybe we should take a poll of the people that have been around consistently for 5 years +.

KN? Sleepyguy? Whodey? Sietse? MB? Others? What say you? Are things more nasty now than they were in, say, 2009?

Edit: The Scriabin-FMF war had its genesis here:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=113951&page=1 Thread 113951 (Page 6)

Page 4, post 8: Easily the sharpest, most biting, most well placed thrust in the history of the RHP message boards that I've seen. You really have to skim the first 3.5 pages of the thread to appreciate it. While it was perhaps meaner than necessary, I'm still in awe of FMF's ability displayed in that post to hit where it hurts and without even sounding at all angry.

“If I sift through the harrowing details of my divorce from my first husband in public with all the people I have ever "bullied", and in so doing, make myself "vulnerable", will this make amends?” -FMF Thread 113951 (Page 6)
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 09:00
    "Grammy Bobby": An inadvertent garden variety typo or a gender misconception visa via the following exchange?
    No idea and care even less.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 13:09
    A small correction, sir.

I think you meant "vis-à-vis", which means "face to face". No doubt you meant it in its prepositional form, meaning "in relation to; compared with".

šŸ™‚
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '15 14:03
    A small correction, sir.

I think you meant "vis-à-vis", which means "face to face". No doubt you meant it in its prepositional form, meaning "in relation to; compared with".

šŸ™‚
    Yes, "vis-à-vis" [meaning "in relation to; compared with"]. Thanks for the "small correction", ma'am.

šŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree