1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 17:121 edit
    So I add my condolences also.

Didn't think he was already 65 from his postings in the Science Fiction club...
  2. Joined
    09 Jan '11
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 21:06
    My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

For a man I never met in person, he certainly left an impression on me and made a difference in my life.
  3. Joined
    09 Jan '11
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 21:08
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    So I add my condolences also.

Didn't think he was already 65 from his postings in the Science Fiction club...
    Indeed: He taught me about some of the old school Sci-fi I missed out on, being too young and all that.

I also thought his fresh outlook belied his age.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Nov '13 00:27
    Originally posted by DanTriola
    This is Margaret, DanTriola's other daughter. The obituary you saw is for his brother, my uncle who passed away. Also, here is a link to where you can read the obituary for my father. www.miznerfuneralhome.com
    My sincerest condolences. I didn't know him, I am rated so far below him I would never have given him a good game. I was wondering who was the pianist doing the Jesu Joy of man's desiring variations on that site?
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    28 Nov '13 00:37
    My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family.
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    28 Nov '13 18:29
    This is Margaret, DanTriola's other daughter. The obituary you saw is for his brother, my uncle who passed away. Also, here is a link to where you can read the obituary for my father. www.miznerfuneralhome.com
    Thank you Margaret. I wish you and yours lots of strength and courage.
  7. Joined
    22 Feb '10
    Moves
    29 Nov '13 02:57
    This is terrible news. Dan was very kind and spoke to me as an equal, even though he was way out of my league. Sincere condolences and best wishes to you and all of your family.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '13 03:571 edit

Thanks for your father's obituary, Margret. Having already messaged my condolences to your sister, Amelia, I extend them here to you. We're all grateful to the two of you for your thoughtfulness in providing timely notification and closure.

Bill Morris and I became close friends in the Spring of 2012 following his personal message about an obscure movie I had commented on in a public forum thread. The scope and depth of his knowledge on movies, little known anecdotal trivia about actors and producers and novels was incredible. Within a month, we had three installment personal messages in progress (reciprocating with batch replies every few days): One on movies past and present with recommendations and on books we had both read; one on his OTB Chess Interests and Chess Masters and my own early mentors at the Boylston Chess Club in Boston; and one Dr. Morris devoted to providing medical guidance (often with humor) concerning recovery from my paralysis and preferred medications to alleviate the discomforts of lower leg neuropathy which followed.

He also stressed the importance of correct diet and became interested in the weekly menus at the rehabilitation facility, giving me his mailing address for the purpose of sending one of the few saved as memorabilia. Sent it the next day. His advice was invaluable. Our dialogue concluded Spring of 2013 as he had begun to prepare for PA Chess Events and family vacation to the shores. Bill's erudition and idiosyncratic style of expression, objectivity and candor, generosity and kindness I appreciated. His friendship I valued; the man himself, I loved as a brother (still young at the age of sixty five). -Bob
  9. e4
    Moves
    29 Nov '13 16:39
    Very sad news.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    30 Nov '13 03:43
    Originally posted by ameliapmorris
    To those it may concern:

I wanted to let you know that my dad, who played here under the name DanTriola (http://www.redhotpawn.com/profile/playerprofile.php?uid=336752), passed away suddenly on Sunday morning. I know this community meant a lot to him and that his most recent move was on the day he died. (He still has a number of active games.)

I' ...[text shortened]... place on the site to do so), but I wanted to let you all know somehow.

All the best,
    Amelia
    I am very sorry to hear this. I had some interaction with your father, I always appreciated his perspective and advice as an older M.D. May God bless you and comfort you in this difficult time.
  11. Joined
    06 Aug '07
    Moves
    30 Nov '13 06:01
    Amelia,
    By deepest sympathy. Our prayers go out to you and family during this trying time. He will also be missed in our clan and on this site.
  12. Standard membergambit05
    Mad Murdock
    I forgot
    Moves
    30 Nov '13 17:58
    Sad times. I wish you a more comfortable time very soon.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree