Dyslexia stories

Dyslexia stories

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
92d

@ponderable said
That has to be your browser, no spell check for me on Firefox, I think there is spell check in Chrome.
That's good one.... Fox and Chrome. To outsmart and colored thing.

As a chemist, you have reached the solution's saturation endpoint.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
92d

@pettytalk said
Thanks Rusty. I'm certain Kewpie can back me up also, unless this person is a perfect speller 100% of the times he posts here. I imagine he was only trying to be humorous. I merely returned the compliment in code.

Since you know Dive more intimately than I do, since he's always at your heels a long time, do you rate him as material worthy of Oxford? Maybe as one of the plumbers there, since he likes water?
Kewpie should be aware of the fact that a red line goes under a word that is spelled wrong.

I'd have to do a lot of research to rate gooster worthy of a janitor's job. πŸ™‚

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
92d

@great-big-stees said
I notice that if I spell the word honour without the “u” a red line appears. Isn’t the server American (USA)?πŸ€”
Correct I believe Stees but we are Canadians honour would have a red line under it as it is the American spelling. πŸ™‚ Only thing I can figure out.

-VR

Moves
92d

@very-rusty said
Correct I believe Stees but we are Canadians honour would have a red line under it as it is the American spelling. πŸ™‚ Only thing I can figure out.

-VR
Honor is the American version.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
92d

@great-big-stees said
Honor is the American version.
Is it honor or honour?

Honor and honour mean the same thing. However, the spelling tends to vary depending on whether you're writing UK or US English: In US English, “honor” (no “u&rdquoπŸ˜‰ is correct. In UK English, “honour” (with a “u&rdquoπŸ˜‰ is standard.Jan 23, 2023

This may be the answer as it is actually an English site.

-VR

Moves
92d

@moonbus said
@divegeester

Dyslexia isn't an on-or-off thing, like diabetes. It is a psychologists' wastebasket description for a wide spectrum of character traits which have been commonly, and in my opinion wrongly, classified as 'deficits.' Similar to dyscalculia and autism, 'dyslexia' describes a bundle of abilities more or less strongly present in varying degrees in any given indi ...[text shortened]... (DSM-10), there are five criteria for confirming a diagnosis of dyscalculia. I fulfil seven of them.
KellyJay may be right; we are all flawed, in one way or another. He just likes to use the word 'sin'.

If I were to list all my sins... I mean my faults, or defects, as I would call them, I would easily exhaust the 10,000 characters limit for this post before I listed 1/4 of them. But then, I would be summing up all the faults from all of my previous lives, although I can say that I have quite a few in this one too, and which are also repetitive, due to poor memory.

But, as Pink Floyd puts it, I can't show my weakness. But we just need to keep talking.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
92d
1 edit

@pettytalk said
KellyJay may be right; we are all flawed, in one way or another. He just likes to use the word 'sin'.

If I were to list all my sins... I mean my faults, or defects, as I would call them, I would easily exhaust the 10,000 characters limit for this post before I listed 1/4 of them. But then, I would be summing up all the faults from all of my previous lives, although I can ...[text shortened]... t show my weakness. But we just need to keep talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOTkDn49qI
What about those who are without fault, or flawed? πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
92d

@very-rusty said
What about those who are without fault, or flawed? πŸ™‚

-VR
No such thing in this world. No such number, no such soul.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
92d

@pettytalk said
No such thing in this world. No such number, no such soul.
Then Sir, let me introduce you to the TWINS! πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
92d

@very-rusty said
Then Sir, let me introduce you to the TWINS! πŸ™‚

-VR
Twin perfection? Damned, I thought just one was impossible, and here you are, introducing me to two. A double thanks to you, Sir, as I now have two icons as targets for perfection. I suppose we may spot twin speckles of dust if we carefully aim and focus our space telescope on the pillars of creation?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
92d

@pettytalk said
Twin perfection? Damned, I thought just one was impossible, and here you are, introducing me to two. A double thanks to you, Sir, as I now have two icons as targets for perfection. I suppose we may spot twin speckles of dust if we carefully aim and focus our space telescope on the pillars of creation?
They believe they are perfect or near Perfection, I say let them enjoy their fantasies. πŸ™‚

-VR

Moves
92d

@very-rusty said
Kewpie should be aware of the fact that a red line goes under a word that is spelled wrong.

I'd have to do a lot of research to rate gooster worthy of a janitor's job. πŸ™‚

-VR
Well, we can at least trust him to use a roto-rooter to unplug clogged toilet bowls. If he claims to be an English major, then he should be able to follow the instructions on how to use that useful tool.

Moves
91d

@moonbus said
@divegeester

Dyslexia isn't an on-or-off thing, like diabetes. It is a psychologists' wastebasket description for a wide spectrum of character traits which have been commonly, and in my opinion wrongly, classified as 'deficits.' Similar to dyscalculia and autism, 'dyslexia' describes a bundle of abilities more or less strongly present in varying degrees in any given indi ...[text shortened]... (DSM-10), there are five criteria for confirming a diagnosis of dyscalculia. I fulfil seven of them.
Yes agree.

What about the left/right malfunction though; that seems to be a hardwiring error.

Über-Nerd

Moves
91d

@pettytalk said

If I were to list all my sins... I mean my faults, or defects, as I would call them, I would easily exhaust the 10,000 characters limit for this post before I listed 1/4 of them. But then, I would be summing up all the faults from all of my previous lives, although I can ...[text shortened]... t show my weakness. But we just need to keep talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbOTkDn49qI
They aren't flaws. There is a 100% 'cure' for autism: put him in a room by himself and all his socially inept 'symptoms' disappear instantly. Not fitting into an insane society is not a deficit.

Über-Nerd

Moves
91d
2 edits

@divegeester said
Yes agree.

What about the left/right malfunction though; that seems to be a hardwiring error.
I do not know to what 'malfunction' you are referring. A lot of these so-called malfunctions are simply deviations from an arbitrary and regional social norm. There is no 'error' at all; it's just a variation which, in some societies, is relevant in some way and in others not. 600 years ago, atheism would have been classified as a 'deficit'; now it's the default position. Among eskimos, a person who can't distinguish among 15 different kinds of snow is 'colorblind'; whereas, a San Francisco resident is not in any way disadvantaged or 'flawed' if he sees only one kind of snow. I once knew a submariner who frequently mixed up "left" and "right" in his speech, but never "port" and "starboard". Go figure.

EDIT: ADHS is another of these imaginary diseases. It's just a different way of processing information (that's a metaphor). People 'treat' it with medications for two reasons: the kids 'diagnosed' with this syndrome are sometimes hard to manage in schools and teachers want them sedated, and the pharma industry wants to make money, so, Big Pharma convinces people this is a 'syndrome' (something akin to a disease).