Happy leap day

Happy leap day

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
69d

@very-rusty said
Now we know the whole story on the 'bit'. 🙂

-VR
Waiting for the "Thanks, Rusty".

Anyone can read Wikipedia, although few actually do.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
69d

@suzianne said
Mars is colonized?

That's a new one on me.
Just look at the photos sent back by the rover on there.

Moves
69d

@the-gravedigger said
Just look at the photos sent back by the rover on there.
I had a friend who had a dog he nicknamed Rover. The dog would habitually jump the fence and rove the neighborhood. Eventually, after an hour or two, it always came back on its own, but with the tail between its legs. The dog instinctively knew that it was not allowed to go out without a leash, and would get a very light spanking with a newspaper. Just a token reprimand which only hurt the dog's feelings.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
I had a friend who had a dog he nicknamed Rover. The dog would habitually jump the fence and rove the neighborhood. Eventually, after an hour or two, it always came back on its own, but with the tail between its legs. The dog instinctively knew that it was not allowed to go out without a leash, and would get a very light spanking with a newspaper. Just a token reprimand which only hurt the dog's feelings.
When Rover went roving did he send your friend photographs?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
69d

@suzianne said
Waiting for the "Thanks, Rusty".

Anyone can read Wikipedia, although few actually do.
I don't think Trev would do that to you. 🙂

-VR

Moves
66d

@kewpie said
One Australian leap-day baby born 29 February 2024 has a fairly unusual father - he was also born on 29 February. The odds are apparently an awful lot of millions against.
It's (1 / (365+365+365+366)), squared. So, one in just over two millions.

Moves
66d

@suzianne said
Hey, blame the Gregorian calendar on Pope Gregory XIII and the Catholic Church in general. They needed the lunar-based Easter celebration to stay in the springtime, instead of meandering towards winter.
To be fair, famers also need planting and harvesting seasons to be reliable. If anything, blame the Earth for not circling the Sun in a whole number of its own turns.