I won't forget this moment...thread

I won't forget this moment...thread

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

๐Ÿ‘Œ

Moves
23 Feb 23
3 edits

Tell the world your unforgettable stories that may be forgotten by them, but not you.

I had recently taken 2nd place at an arm wrestling tournament and of course the next day it was time to celebrate... again...
So me and the current misses go to the booze store and I'm wearing my big second place medal with pride โ˜บ๏ธ

We go to the cash register and the cashier says "what's that?"

We explained to him the acquiring of the medal.

He says "oh I thought you were slow and you were wearing a big medal"...

That was his first mistake.

He proceeded to challenge me to a match right there.

That was his second mistake.

I'll tell you this right away... always use a proper arm wrestling table. You're just asking for injury if you don't.

So we hold up the line and I annihilate him.
The woman next in line says "saw that coming"

I say..."you too?"

When I look at the cashier I say "when someone is second place, you're either the guy who won or you're not"

I'll never forget that ๐Ÿค”

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
23 Feb 23

@endlame said
Tell the world your unforgettable stories that may be forgotten by them, but not you.

I had recently taken 2nd place at an arm wrestling tournament and of course the next day it was time to celebrate... again...
So me and the current misses go to the booze store and I'm wearing my big second place medal with pride โ˜บ๏ธ

We go to the cash register and the cashier says "wha ...[text shortened]... en someone is second place, you're either the guy who won or you're not"

Great story.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Feb 23

@endlame said

We go to the cash register and the cashier says "wha ...[text shortened]... en someone is second place, you're either the guy who won or you're not"

I’m not sure what the moral of your story is, but I’m sure VR will have a better story about him duffing someone up on a Saturday night after a skinful.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Feb 23

@endlame said

I'd defeat you quite comfortably with the left arm.

๐Ÿ‘Œ

Moves
23 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'd defeat you quite comfortably with the left arm.
At this very moment I would agree with you.

๐Ÿ‘Œ

Moves
23 Feb 23

@divegeester said
I’m not sure what the moral of your story is, but I’m sure VR will have a better story about him duffing someone up on a Saturday night after a skinful.
The moral of the story is the little things we won't forget but are meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Feb 23

@divegeester said
or Dive sucking a wine gum and dusting his front room .

Moves
23 Feb 23

Do they still make wine gums?

๐Ÿ‘Œ

Moves
23 Feb 23

@a-unique-nickname said
Do they still make wine gums?
Over here yes.

Hard gummy Candy that has absolutely no alcohol in them.

Lying b**tards.

รœber-Nerd

Moves
23 Feb 23

@endlame said
The moral of the story is the little things we won't forget but are meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
"Nothing you do is important, but it is very important that you do it."

-- Gandhi

F

Moves
23 Feb 23

@endlame said

Thatcher's resignation. I remember the moment with utter vividness. But, alas, I was busy with something. I can't remember what it was.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
23 Feb 23

once upon a time,
i was pulled over by what i thought was a norfolk, virginia policeman for a traffic violation
the bed of my pickup was indeed loaded with empty beer cans, awaiting recycling
as i pulled to the side of the road i decided to jump out, talk to the officer, and take my ticket like a man
but it wasn't "just the police"
nope
it was a narcotics detective, and he wasn't playing
as i looked up he had his weapon drawn, cocked, safety off, and aimed squarely center between my eyes
i could see right down the barrel of the piece
don't know the caliber, it could have been a .357, 9mm, or .44 mag, whatever
i remember clearly the bullet in the chamber was a hollowpoint, and funny enough my initials were engraved on the copper jacketing

i remember him laughing as i crapped my pants

vividly

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
23 Feb 23

@rookie54 said
once upon a time,
i was pulled over by what i thought was a norfolk, virginia policeman for a traffic violation
the bed of my pickup was indeed loaded with empty beer cans, awaiting recycling
as i pulled to the side of the road i decided to jump out, talk to the officer, and take my ticket like a man
but it wasn't "just the police"
nope
it was a narcotics detective, an ...[text shortened]... ls were engraved on the copper jacketing

i remember him laughing as i crapped my pants

vividly
wow, that's quite a story.
I believe you.
All apart from the initials

Moves
23 Feb 23

@endlame said
Over here yes.

Hard gummy Candy that has absolutely no alcohol in them.

Lying b**tards.
Same as fruit pastilles not having any fruit in them. Ate some skittles today, wasn't the purple one a different flavor before?

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
23 Feb 23

@a-unique-nickname said
Same as fruit pastilles not having any fruit in them. Ate some skittles today, wasn't the purple one a different flavor before?
They're all meant to have a different flavour aren't they?
Orange smarties have a different flavour- don't know if you've noticed