"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
I have posted on this web site maybe 40,000 times, robbie.
yes indeed FMF - are you planning on making an argument with the statistics?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Can you point out where it makes any references to the content as posted by the OP?
The thread is about "trolls" and why one might be accused of being one. I have offered my insights. I was asking for Grampy Bobby's own insights into the topic/

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

yes indeed FMF - are you planning on making an argument with the statistics?
Your "two instances" are presumably " an argument with [a] statistic". And I'm not even sure I know what your argument is.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
The thread is about "trolls" and why one might be accused of being one. I have offered my insights. I was asking for Grampy Bobby's own insights into the topic/
Then why not simply make reference to the content of his post rather than him personally?

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Your "two instances" are presumably " an argument with [a] statistic". And I'm not even sure I know what your argument is.
No they are only two instances since yesterday, i am sure i could find literally thousands
more if i had the stomach for it.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Are we to understand that you have never engaged in trolling FMF?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Then why not simply make reference to the content of his post rather than him personally?
His post is about "trolls" as was my question. This whole thread is about "trolls". I have been on-topic throughout. I've offered my insights into the accusations of "trolling". We await Grampy Bobby's insights.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Are we to understand that you have never engaged in trolling FMF?
You mean the mentioning-dead-relatives and other sinister and horrible kinds of stuff? No.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You mean the mentioning-dead-relatives and other sinister and horrible kinds of stuff? No.
No GB's original post provided a definition,

An Internet troll is someone who comes into a discussion and posts comments designed
to upset or disrupt the conversation.

Perhaps your comments casting up GBs alleged self confessed trolling in the spirituality
forum were intended to refresh and edify him?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

No GB's original post provided a definition,

An Internet troll is someone who comes into a discussion and posts comments designed
to upset or disrupt the conversation.
I stand by my on-topic contributions to this thread. I think I have made pertinent points and made them cogently. No "trolling" has been involved, on my part at least.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

Perhaps your comments casting up GBs alleged self confessed trolling in the spirituality forum were intended to refresh and edify him?
I am sure he remembers doing it. And I have no reason to think he regrets it at all.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I am sure he remembers doing it. And I have no reason to think he regrets it at all.
So retrospectively casting up details which could potentially make one appear hypocritical is
your idea of making someone feel good about themselves. Interesting perspective that,
you don't think it could be upsetting? potentially embarrassing?

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

So retrospectively casting up details which could potentially make one appear hypocritical is
your idea of making someone feel good about themselves. Interesting perspective that,
you don't think it could be upsetting?
Whether Grampy Bobby thinks of himself as hypocritical or not is something he could perhaps address in there among his insights when they appear. I don't think any facts I present will have much effect on what he thinks about it.

F

Moves
10 Sep 15

you don't think it could be upsetting? potentially embarrassing?
I think any definition of "trolling" that would include people mentioning or questioning what others have said in public in debates and discussions is daft.

rc

Moves
10 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Whether Grampy Bobby thinks of himself as hypocritical or not is something he could perhaps address in there among his insights when they appear. I don't think any facts I present will have much effect on what he thinks about it.
Yes but that's not what you were asked, You were asked if you think they might be
potentially embarrassing, not what GB thinks.