1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 15:122 edits
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I'll grant you the whole 'shape of the earth' thing can be quite distracting.
    At this point, I'm more resigned than resolved, per se, but I'm still closer to 'convinced for' the FE than I am 'convinced against.'

Either way, however, the linked video is, indeed, from a You Tube poster who holds the world to be flat, and who considers NASA duplicitous, a ...[text shortened]... parameters of information readily available, that explanation doesn't appear to be forthcoming.
    The main explanation it, especially coming from another one with a hard on against NASA, is that it is photoshopped. You say everything NASA images has been 'shopped. But when you see some kind of image like that, NOW it is a real unaltered image. Your bias keeps you from thinking critically.

BTW, how does a flatasser rationalize away the fact stars go clockwise in one hemisphere but you go to the other hemisphere, the stars go round counterclockwise?

Try thinking critically about that for a change.

http://www.astronomytrek.com/what-direction-do-stars-move-in-the-sky/

Here is a site that explains it and it is not a NASA site so either you accept it at face value or add it to your vast conspiracy list.

So how does a flat planet present the movement of stars, no matter whether you consider the entire universe to be rotating around Earth or what it really is, if it were in fact a flat planet, the stars would ALWAYS move in the same circular direction. No matter if you were at the north pole or near Antarctica. They don't have the same apparent motion from going to the southern hemisphere to the northern hemisphere, the stars at night turn in opposite directions and there is no amount of flatass rational that can get around that one.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 16:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The main explanation it, especially coming from another one with a hard on against NASA, is that it is photoshopped. You say everything NASA images has been 'shopped. But when you see some kind of image like that, NOW it is a real unaltered image. Your bias keeps you from thinking critically.

BTW, how does a flatasser rationalize away the fact stars go ...[text shortened]... in opposite directions and there is no amount of flatass rational that can get around that one.
    My claims of NASA's duplicity are not of a nature which declares 'they lie about everything,' as we know that would be impossible.
    The duplicity is more related to images they put out which are demonstrably altered, but are intended to convince others of a scenario without support in reality, as well as claims they make in other categories which are at odds with known facts.
    This football issue falls into the second area: being human, they are going to make mistakes.
    If, indeed, the football was on the station through reasonable means, i.e., a service shuttle otherwise unrecorded, then NASA's conundrum is resolved.
    If, however, they are unable to explain how the football came to be on the station, this goes beyond enigma and enters into likely fraud.
    Given everything I've seen from NASA, I'm guessing it is more likely fraud.
    But I could be wrong.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 19:141 edit
    My claims of NASA's duplicity are not of a nature which declares 'they lie about everything,' as we know that would be impossible.
    The duplicity is more related to images they put out which are demonstrably altered, but are intended to convince others of a scenario without support in reality, as well as claims they make in other categories which are at od ...[text shortened]... ven everything I've seen from NASA, I'm guessing it is more likely fraud.
    But I could be wrong.
    which is all well and good but you didn't answer my statements about how the stars move in opposite directions in the northern hemisphere V the southern hemisphere.

Don't you have some flatasser buddies who can answer that one? Also we know the magnetic field of Earth converges on the poles which is why we have northern lights and southern lights.

Tell me how the magnetic field of Earth converges on the south pole if it is a flat planet.

Thing is, that is MY research. NONE of your flatassers has even considered that one.

So try rationalizing that one, how that could happen on a flat planet. You have to know at least the field converges on the north pole area.

But if the fields coverge on the south pole opposite the north pole, we have to be on a globe, it cannot do that if you know anything at all about magnetic fields. Oh, BTW, I do.\

If the planet were pancake shape the magnetic fields could still converge at the north pole BUT the field lines would have to attract to the edges of the flat planet not the south pole which there would not be if the world was pancake shaped. Those field lines have to converge on the line of least resistance and it sure as hell won't be anywhere near Antarctica, it would be on the edges of the planet, that is where the magnetic conductivity comes from.

Another thing, if Earth was flat, there wouldn't be enough movement deep down to create the currents that flowing conductors do to create a magnetic field in the first place. It takes a swirling liquid metallic core causing millions of amps of current flow and that is what makes magnetic fields in the first place.

So how would a flatasser rationalize out the absolute fact the fields coverge on the poles, north and south?

You ignored that question the last time I brought it up so now put on your thinking cap and think critically about that.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 19:27
    which is all well and good but you didn't answer my statements about how the stars move in opposite directions in the northern hemisphere V the southern hemisphere.

Don't you have some flatasser buddies who can answer that one? Also we know the magnetic field of Earth converges on the poles which is why we have northern lights and southern lights.

Te ...[text shortened]... n the last time I brought it up so now put on your thinking cap and think critically about that.
    I am happy to explore the subject, as I clearly find it fascinating.
    That being said, ground rules dictate items which arise should be addressed as they present themselves.
    First things first, so to speak.
    Let's establish first what is going on with that football and the ramifications thereof.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 19:342 edits
    I am happy to explore the subject, as I clearly find it fascinating.
    That being said, ground rules dictate items which arise should be addressed as they present themselves.
    First things first, so to speak.
    Let's establish first what is going on with that football and the ramifications thereof.
    I am not going to discuss obvious fake news, that thing was photoshopped. That is the bottoom line so your decision to link those two is your thing not mine.

I presented my case, if you don't want to pursue it, I can't force you.

But it just goes to your credibility, you don't really WANT to be proven wrong.

I am bringing up real scientific issues that cannot happen on a pancake planet but you are obsessing over a frigging football.

BTW, this is what they were playing, futbal, not football:

YouTube

Take a look at this one, extremely poor resolution but of course It could NEVER have been photoshopped by someone on the ground, now could it:

YouTube
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 20:11
    I am not going to discuss obvious fake news, that thing was photoshopped. That is the bottoom line so your decision to link those two is your thing not mine.

I presented my case, if you don't want to pursue it, I can't force you.

But it just goes to your credibility, you don't really WANT to be proven wrong.

I am bringing up real scientific issues ...[text shortened]... toshopped by someone on the ground, now could it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saJwhy7xpsk
    YouTube

This is NASA's video, the title of which I previously provided.
    There is no other conduit or host site: it originated from NASA and remains on their You Tube account.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 21:222 edits
    [youtube]Jp4ZsNobZ2o[/youtube]

This is NASA's video, the title of which I previously provided.
    There is no other conduit or host site: it originated from NASA and remains on their You Tube account.
    I don't follow football, did not watch superbowl. What date is this supposed to be? It is not about a superbowl game. I am clueless about the players, don't even know if this is about college football or pro. What is the problem? So now NASA doesn't lie, doesn't photoshop right? Convenient you would find something the supposedly didn't photoshop. But if there is some football shenanegans it is someone on the ground playing with the images. Why don't you use your own image analysis software which you must have to be making pronouncements about 'Obvious' shopping. Funny you would believe it now that NASA is NOT photoshopping. Can't you see the dichotomy here?

I can't keep this up right now, I am at work and have to babysit an old MRC sputtering tool and in the middle of calculations about run times, it's a variable depending on several tool parameters like RF power, now 930 watts into argon and the target is SIC Silicon Carbide and I have to figure out how long it will take and make adjustments to the run, change some parameters to make the target thickness (about 1.8 micron thick layer of SIC) so I have to get back to the machine now. I will not be able to continue this till tomorrow morning, here in NJ. I have been working 10 and half hours and probably another hour till I can see the parameters clearly to make run time calculations. Long story, that was the 50 cent tour.

In the meantime, look at the magnetic field info I gave you.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Feb '17 23:07
    I don't follow football, did not watch superbowl. What date is this supposed to be? It is not about a superbowl game. I am clueless about the players, don't even know if this is about college football or pro. What is the problem? So now NASA doesn't lie, doesn't photoshop right? Convenient you would find something the supposedly didn't photoshop. But if the ...[text shortened]... tory, that was the 50 cent tour.

In the meantime, look at the magnetic field info I gave you.
    The issue with the football has been made reasonably clear, but for the record, one last time.

One team from the AFC and another from the NFC played in Super Bowl 51.
    Through divisional and conference playoff games, the field was winnowed down to the Falcons and the Patriots, with the final deciding fames for the conference champs occurring on January 22.
    Prior to the game on February 04, NASA recorded this exchange between the two on screen and members of the audience in Houston, on February 01--- ten days after the participants were decided.
    The ball they are flipping around is the official Wilson commemorative football, made specifically for SB 51... or, as labeled, "LI."
    On that ball, both names of the conference champs appear.
    That information (the teams' names) wasn't known until January 22.
    The last launch to ISS occurred months before.
    It is logistically impossible for that ball to be on the station without some means of conveying it there, and the only way possible occurred months prior to the filming of this session.
    So either they knew the outcome back in October, had an unscheduled and unrecorded launch, or they weren't really in space for that session despite portraying that as a fact.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 11:30
    The issue with the football has been made reasonably clear, but for the record, one last time.

One team from the AFC and another from the NFC played in Super Bowl 51.
    Through divisional and conference playoff games, the field was winnowed down to the Falcons and the Patriots, with the final deciding fames for the conference champs occurring on January ...[text shortened]... rded launch, or they weren't really in space for that session despite portraying that as a fact.
    Which just goes to show you accept NASA video that you think screws them but any other video of say, the whole of Antarctica, THAT is "OBVIOUS" fake. And you can't accept the idea someone photoshopped that video.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 13:09
    Which just goes to show you accept NASA video that you think screws them but any other video of say, the whole of Antarctica, THAT is "OBVIOUS" fake. And you can't accept the idea someone photoshopped that video.
    Photoshopping is def in their wheelhouse, as seen in countless images they produce.
    But we're not discussing any alterations here: this is NASA's video and is their responsibility from beginning to end.
    They clearly have the football which only became available after January 22.
    How did that football end up on the station?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 13:11
    Photoshopping is def in their wheelhouse, as seen in countless images they produce.
    But we're not discussing any alterations here: this is NASA's video and is their responsibility from beginning to end.
    They clearly have the football which only became available after January 22.
    [b]How did that football end up on the station?
    [/b]
    Obsessing over a dam football is the reason you are giving me for not following through with my statements about Earth's magnetic field. That keeps your fantasy intact I guess.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 13:44
    Obsessing over a dam football is the reason you are giving me for not following through with my statements about Earth's magnetic field. That keeps your fantasy intact I guess.
    If, indeed, the ISS is in low orbit around the earth, and if, indeed, the two on the video are on that station, it is logistically impossible for them to be in possession of that football, given the other parameters.
    Do you realize the problem this causes for NASA, or is it unclear to you?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 14:50
    If, indeed, the ISS is in low orbit around the earth, and if, indeed, the two on the video are on that station, it is logistically impossible for them to be in possession of that football, given the other parameters.
    Do you realize the problem this causes for NASA, or is it unclear to you?
    I don't give a rats ass about the flipping football, if it's a fake, it will come out. Meanwhile you are avoiding my topic.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 18:331 edit
    I don't give a rats ass about the flipping football, if it's a fake, it will come out. Meanwhile you are avoiding my topic.
    The football isn't fake, sonhouse.
    This is NASA's video recording, through and through.
    No one has filtered or altered the video.
    They actually have a football which necessarily required a launch after January 22, or pre-knowledge of who the players were going to be in the Super Bowl as early in the season as between Weeks 10 and 11.
    The Falcons didn't clench the division, let alone the conference for another five or so weeks, December 24.
    But again, even if they put a bunch of balls in their limited cargo space area, the earliest they could have done so was still back in October, which would have required 16 teams written on one side of the ball and one of the other 16 teams written on the other side.
    That would have been more footballs than they had the space.
    In space.

The fact of the matter is, as I said in the beginning of the previous thousand-post thread, in the scheme of things, what the majority of people think about reality doesn't do much in the scheme of things.
    We all have certain sheep and herd-like mentalities, and if this is what keeps the boat on an even keel, does it really make any sense to disrupt the status quo with reality?
    What is gained by people knowing reality, exactly?
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 18:59
    The football isn't fake, sonhouse.
    This is NASA's video recording, through and through.
    No one has filtered or altered the video.
    They actually have a football which necessarily required a launch after January 22, or pre-knowledge of who the players were going to be in the Super Bowl as early in the season as between Weeks 10 and 11.
    The Falcons didn't ...[text shortened]... ense to disrupt the status quo with reality?
    What is gained by people knowing reality, exactly?
    What is to be gained by your continued refusal to examine my issue? Your obsession with the flipping football is just a dodge and you know it. You clearly just don't want to face the possibility your life long obsession with a flat Earth is over.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree