Nomination trumps winning

Nomination trumps winning

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

Mel Gibson said something interesting before the Oscars. He said that being nominated is what it's all about, it's the recognition, it's the big deal, more than winning is. A selection of movies, all trying to tell different stories in different ways, recognized for what they've achieved and the standards they have set.

Winning, by comparison is a rather arbitrary outcome of a contest between apples and oranges and other fruit like bananas and plums...

For his sound recordist, for example, his 20 nominations says much more about him and his art than his one win.

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by FMF
Mel Gibson said something interesting before the Oscars. He said that being nominated is what it's all about, it's the recognition, it's the big deal, more than winning is. A selection of movies, all trying to tell different stories in different ways, recognized for what they've achieved and the standards they have set.

Winning, by comparison is a rather arb ...[text shortened]... ecordist, for example, his 20 nominations says much more about him and his art than his one win.
A win in the bag is worth 3 nominations in the envelope.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
27 Feb 17

I have to admit that I expected the next TRUMP incident...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
02 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
A win in the bag is worth 3 nominations in the envelope.
Nominations come in envelopes?

I thought the wins came in envelopes, not 'bags'.