Passengers movie (again)

Passengers movie (again)

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
79d

@the-gravedigger said
Great film.
Good ending in that they lived because of the betrayal.
"they lived because of the betrayal."

That was Judas' justification for his betrayal of Christ.

Moves
79d

@divegeester said
@PettyTalk

Have you watched “Passengers”?
I see you watched what you wrote this time, and corrected yourself. I just 'wanted' you to know.

I can't say that I have watched it for sure. I may have, but forgotten, since I'm going trough a period of temporary amnesia.

Can you give me a synopsis of the movie?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said
I see you watched what you wrote this time, and corrected yourself. I just 'wanted' you to know.

I can't say that I have watched it for sure. I may have, but forgotten, since I'm going trough a period of temporary amnesia.

please no once is enough........snooze fest of predictability.

Moves
79d

@the-gravedigger said
She didn't die.
Did she reach the planet alive they were all going to live on? It was a movie based on a guy selfishly killing a woman he found attractive.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said
We all die, otherwise you would be unemployed.
They don't have gravediggers in space.
The dead get thrown out of the craft and just float away.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said
No.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
79d

@a-unique-nickname said
Did she reach the planet alive they were all going to live on? It was a movie based on a guy selfishly killing a woman he found attractive.
They lived happily ever after; according to her.

Moves
79d

@the-gravedigger said
They don't have gravediggers in space.
The dead get thrown out of the craft and just float away.
Well, when I purchased 4 family plots at the cemetery 27 years ago, to bury my mother, they asked me which space I preferred.

Moves
79d

@divegeester said
No.
I remember you now. You are the one who only wants but never gives. Attention is not the only thing you want. You are the scarecrow in 'The Wizard of Oz,' and you want a brain too. Even the crows can have a field day with you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said
I remember you now. You are the one who only wants but never gives. Attention is not the only thing you want. You are the scarecrow in 'The Wizard of Oz,' and you want a brain too. Even the crows can have a field day with you.
If you are interested in what the movie is about then look it up.

Moves
79d

@divegeester said
They lived happily ever after; according to her.
They died in isolation and used all the ships food. Probably helped kill a few others from starvation. It was a stupid movie, I've seen it twice, I should know 😂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
79d

@a-unique-nickname said
They died in isolation and used all the ships food. Probably helped kill a few others from starvation. It was a stupid movie, I've seen it twice, I should know 😂
It’s unlikely that they used all the ship’s food as there were 5000 passengers a few hundred crew catered for several months.

As for the betrayal and isolation, well those are the morals of the story; that two people who are in love can survive, thrive and be content under those circumstances.

It’s interesting also to note that they constructed their own accommodation and grew some of there own food rather than live in the sterile cabin quarters and eat solely from the food dispensers.

There’s several essays which could be written from the storyline; I mentioned Adam & Eve in the OP. The deck officer appeared suddenly after the “tree of life” was planted in the main concourse; a messianic figure perhaps…. and it was his diagnostics which identified the critical issues with the ship, but it wasn’t him who fixed it. They had to do that themselves. Incidentally, the number of passengers saved was 5,000 which is the same number Jesus feed in the miracle at the lake.

The ship is called “Avalon” a word which root is from “apple” tree. The Avalon had travelled 30 years when the incident occurred. Jesus was 30 years old when he began his ministry.

Arthur, the amusing robot barman, was a seemingly innocent android, but it was his words which tempted and provoked Jim to raise Aurora in the first place, also it was also Arthur who later betrayed Jim to Aurora. Arthur, like a serpent, also had no legs.

Near the end Jim dies saving the 5,000 souls, but is resurrected by Aurora in a sort of reconstruction of when Jim awakened her.

Or… maybe the film is a slightly extravagant exploitation of Stockholm Syndrome. Each to our own 😄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
79d

@divegeester said
It’s unlikely that they used all the ship’s food as there were 5000 passengers a few hundred crew catered for several months.

As for the betrayal and isolation, well those are the morals of the story; that two people who are in love can survive, thrive and be content under those circumstances.

It’s interesting also to note that they constructed their own accommoda ...[text shortened]...
Or… maybe the film is a slightly extravagant exploitation of Stockholm Syndrome. Each to our own 😄
or just another bloody space opera.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
79d

@david-burton said
or just another bloody space opera.
Whilst the genre might not be to your taste I would have thought that the central theme of two people finding love against all odds would have appealed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
79d

@divegeester said
Whilst the genre might not be to your taste I would have thought that the central theme of two people finding love against all odds would have appealed.
like sci fi but hard to find anything new,original,.....ok I know very little is original,I actually read do androids dream of electric sheep whilst the wife was in hospital with our first back in 74,the last couple of films that floated my boat,Donny Darko,The Butterfly Effect,District 9 and maybe Hellboy(the first). I know I am hard to please,from the age of 8 I read all the sci fi/super hero mags I could get my hands on and find the films a poor representation of my Imagination.rambling dave rides again.quite liked About Time(quaint.