1. Joined
    23 Jan '14
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 18:50
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Oh yes, I can picture you in my mind, with my third, prescient eye.

Your supersized rear comfortably glued, sweaty and stinky, to the fresh leather seats of your giant SUVs. A/C to the max. Heading to a megachurch on a Sunday morning, cruising through ravaged ghettos, to listen to the prosperity gospel. An oiled hair preacher telling you how promptly god w ...[text shortened]... ! True holders of
    christian compassion! Let me give you my spare change, inferior brownies![/i]
    I am not supersized. Presently, I am in the best shape of my life due to a combination of walking nightly, occasional yoga, swimming and eating well.

I do not drive a SUV.

I prefer the windows down to A/C.

I do not attend a megachurch on Sunday.

I was born and raised in New York. You know nothing of ghettos. And honestly? No woman should ever really "cruise" through them...just a rule of thumb.

I have never been in the presence of an oiled hair preacher.

I have not been lavished upon, but I have been blessed.

I have no idea how much "goodness" I have in me. Hopefully, a respectable amount.

I do not eat fried chicken. It'll kill ya.

I do not have a mortgage.

I do not have a giant home.

I do not believe America to be the greatest nation on earth - just one of many.

I would never accept your spare change. But thank you anyway.

But other than than the above, you are correct 🙂

P.S. Did you say something about brownies? Hmmm, that was thoughtful of you. But I shall pass. No offense, but I am certain you did not bake them with love. And besides, I only indulge in desserts on the weekends 😉
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 18:53
    Quick update on Koltin.

The family has now raised $9000 for a $5000 hearing aid and they are continuing to ask for me. (That speaks volumes)

There are 100s of charitable organizations that would have given Koltin a free hearing aid.

The parents of the children who allegedly threw the hearing aid into the lake could have been sued.

Several different types of insurance could have paid for the loss.

Instead, the family went to GoFraudMe and raised thousands more than they needed and they are still right on the site asking for more despite the fact that they had the 5000 they needed back in march.

Smells like a scam to me.
  3. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 18:59
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Oh yes, I can picture you in my mind, with my third, prescient eye.

Your supersized rear comfortably glued, sweaty and stinky, to the fresh leather seats of your giant SUVs. A/C to the max. Heading to a megachurch on a Sunday morning, cruising through ravaged ghettos, to listen to the prosperity gospel. An oiled hair preacher telling you how promptly god w ...[text shortened]... ! True holders of
    christian compassion! Let me give you my spare change, inferior brownies![/i]
    Spot on Seitse.
    You got to love those Giant SUV's. Glove box big enough to hold a defibrillator.
  4. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 19:11
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You flop out of bed, a 3 day old curry and a Babycham still lingering on your breath. You wipe your face with a dirty rag and relieve yourself in the sink, before giving serious contemplation to your first forum thread of the day. "Shall i create a thread about toilets, or shall i create a thread about hedgehog suppositories? Which would be most outr ...[text shortened]... wich at the cat before going back to bed.

This is your life. And I know it is 99% accurate...
    Oh, wow - that was just priceless. lol lol lol lol

Really Seitse? I am just sad for you. Honestly. I hope your real life is not as miserable as I think it must be. You seem to have many tightly held convictions and opinions but your delivery is just reprehensible. But I think you will work on this? Yes? 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 lol

Well, people...this has been much fun! And as usual, the haters are gonna hate
    😕
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 19:16
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    😕
    And the stupid are gonna get scammed.
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 20:43
    I guess to some this is boring. lol

You are obviously a gentleman. What a rarity. lol I read in one of your posts about how you came to find yourself online after the passing of your beloved wife. Just a heartfelt, honest post from you and yet you got thumbs down and some callous comments from a few if I recall. I have no idea what is wrong with s ...[text shortened]... to your post in that way. Kind of disturbing. But all I can say is karma, karma, karma 🙂 lol
    That's terrible!! What would possess anyone with an ounce of decency to disrespect a kindly old gentleman like Grampy when he's only trying to get along and to bring some kindness and goodwill to this forlorn website? It's inexcusable!
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 07:53
    Originally posted by Red Night
    And the stupid are gonna get scammed.
    and the boring are going to continue to do my fecking head in.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 08:07
    It seems that Koltin is a real child and that he did need a new hearing aid according to the local news.
    They claim the hearing aids cast $5000. (seems high to me, but I do not know and do not know why insurance would not cover it.)

In a civilised country the State would pay for his hearing aid .................
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 17:26
    Oh, wow - that was just priceless. lol lol lol lol

Really Seitse? I am just sad for you. Honestly. I hope your real life is not as miserable as I think it must be. You seem to have many tightly held convictions and opinions but your delivery is just reprehensible. But I think you will work on this? Yes? 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 lol

😕
    Landisqueen... you are trying to fight a battle of minds and wits with the local village idiot and troll - and managing to come second! Is that really the image you want us to have of you, that of someone who is being outwitted and, Cthulhu help you, out-grammatised, by Seitse of all people? Be more careful and less naïve.
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 19:231 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    In a civilised country the State would pay for his hearing aid .................
    I agree.

It turns out that Koltin was given a free hearing aid as a result of the GoFraudMe his mother started. So, the great news is that she got to spend the entire $9000 that she grafted from the poor, stupid people who gave her money on herself.

Maybe she added that money to her child support check and then she and her boyfriend had a nice romantic vacation while Kolton had his week with his father.
  11. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 19:251 edit
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Landisqueen... you are trying to fight a battle of minds and wits with the local village idiot and troll - and managing to come second! Is that really the image you want us to have of you, that of someone who is being outwitted and, Cthulhu help you, out-grammatised, by Seitse of all people? Be more careful and less naïve.
    As far as looking stupid, Landis readily admitted she had been swindled and scammed on GoFraudMe a number of times.

It wasn't engaging in idiotic reparte with seitse that made her look foolish
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 19:56
    As far as looking stupid, Landis readily admitted she had been swindled and scammed on GoFraudMe a number of times.

It wasn't engaging in idiotic reparte with seitse that made her look foolish
    Interesting. Please tell me where I readily admitted this? Quote me, please.
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 20:05
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    I am not trying to fight any battles, Shallow. That's what you guys do. I do not care what "image" you have of me. Much appreciated, lol, but I do not need any of your most "helpful advice."

You and your cohorts are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too serious, hateful, angry for my taste. I hope in real life you are much happier than you all seem!

😕
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 20:05
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    That's terrible!! What would possess anyone with an ounce of decency to disrespect a kindly old gentleman like Grampy when he's only trying to get along and to bring some kindness and goodwill to this forlorn website? It's inexcusable!
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    "That's terrible!! What would possess anyone with an ounce of decency to disrespect a kindly old gentleman like Grampy when he's only trying to get along and to bring some kindness and goodwill to this forlorn website? It's inexcusable!"

Andy, it's your birthday today and I genuinely hope your words "he's only trying to get along and to bring some kindness and goodwill to this forlorn website?" are in jest. If not, "trying to get along" was never priority one with respect to trolls, spammers, flamers on this forum. Why dignify their posts?
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Aug '15 20:162 edits
    Interesting. Please tell me where I readily admitted this? Quote me, please.
    You posted yesterday:

"Last night I read a campaign about a young special needs boy who was repeatedly bullied at school. Someone stole or damaged his hearing aid and the parents were asking for donations to replace it. I sent in a modest amount"

The child in question got free hearing aids back in March.
    The GoFundMe request for $5000 was filled back in March.
    The women has already received almost $9000.
    YET, she is still asking for more money (or her boyfriend is..wonder if his wife knows)

You do the math.

Anyway, it would appear your heart was in the right place and that you were taken advantage of by a woman and her boyfriend in Idaho using the woman's mildly disabled child as a shill.

I suspect at this point the reality of the scam is beginning to sink in. I am sorry that I had to be the one to burst your bubble. Maybe it is for the best and you will be more careful going forward.

You are not the first person to be taken advantage of on the internet and you will not be the last.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree