Post your Scottish referendum predictions here

Post your Scottish referendum predictions here

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Sep 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
yay!

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
18 Sep 14

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
What's that saying about fire and spans over water?
I've seen fire and I've seen rain.

Moves
18 Sep 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I've seen fire and I've seen rain.
You got it Pontiac. Ain't no flies on you.

Moves
18 Sep 14

I would if I didn't have to work at 8am. I remember when Bush got elected I stayed up until it looked certain Gore had won only to wake up to hear Florida had corrupted their way to changing their vote to Bush thus hanging him the win with less than 50% total votes. "Greatest democ(k)racy on the planet" with an elected president who officially had less votes than his opponent. 14 years later and it still pisses me off.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
18 Sep 14

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
18 Sep 14

Scotlands population never wanted to join and as a highlander I would be happy to see english season follow the grouse season 😀

Moves
19 Sep 14
1 edit

Weren't any of you " yes" predictors following the polls?

The youth of Scotland saved the Union; clearly they cared more about their future than their parents did.

Moves
19 Sep 14

Originally posted by Rank outsider
For those intending to vote 'Yes', I should perhaps explain that this means that divegeester thinks you will amount to 45% of the vote.

😉
I think you'll find my prediction was closest. As for robbie carrobie, I shall expect him to emigrate to Greenland where he can campaign for independence from society.

Ro

Moves
19 Sep 14

Originally posted by divegeester
I think you'll find my prediction was closest. As for robbie carrobie, I shall expect him to emigrate to Greenland where he can campaign for independence from society.
As the RHP returning officer, I will not declare the winner until all votes are counted.

Moves
19 Sep 14

Originally posted by Rank outsider
As the RHP returning officer, I will not declare the winner until all votes are counted.
Can we at least drag carrobie in here and make him lick up all his slobbering drool

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
19 Sep 14

Moves
19 Sep 14
1 edit

Your "yes" prediction did not reflect your desired outcome then?

Edit: I see not from your other post. 🙂

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
19 Sep 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Your "yes" prediction did not reflect your desired outcome then?

Edit: I see not from your other post. 🙂
It was pretty spot on actually. 55% is a win, but not quite a victory. I hope the further devolved powers come to pass, at least

Moves
19 Sep 14

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
It was pretty spot on actually. 55% is a win, but not quite a victory. I hope the further devolved powers come to pass, at least
Not sure how a win is not quite a victory 😕

But anyway, this is the best result for the UK and gives us a stringer base from which to contend the important devolution which is from the laws being set in Brussels.

Australia

Moves
19 Sep 14

I agree that it's "not quite a victory", because it shows that almost half of the Scottish population are less than satisfied with the present arrangements. A real victory would have been 80/20 or 90/10, but 55/45 is a third-rate score.