Predictions for 2014

Predictions for 2014

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
24 Apr 14

We're taking over this town...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
We're taking over this town...
"Our Town" -Thornton Wilder, I think. Great play. Ever heard: "Plant a radish; get a radish. You know what you're about"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by lemon lime
If the plane was spirited away and is being hid somewhere (for whatever reason) then what would account for the pings that have been located?

[hidden]a black box tossed into the ocean to throw us off the scent?[/hidden]
Has there been proof of the pings?

I'm also of the personal opinion that someone or perhaps a group in the Malaysian government is an accessory to the crime. They're the ones who made a few comments and got everyone focused on the southeast Indian Ocean, thousands of miles from where the plane is now.

Edit: Hmmm, a fake black box, I never actually thought of that. Or maybe one from another plane. Could be easy enough to toss in the ocean from another plane.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
China and Russia involved?
I doubt this, seriously. Most of the passengers were Chinese citizens.

If I had to take a wild guess, my first thought would be al-Qaeda.

In your face

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
I doubt this, seriously. Most of the passengers were Chinese citizens.

If I had to take a wild guess, my first thought would be al-Qaeda.
My guess is that the pilot engineered it all. He was an aviation nut; a complete obsessive. I think that it was his shot at infamy and immortality.

It was all too perfect for the plane being stormed and hijacked. No distress signal or anything. It just all went 'black'.

We will probably never find out what happened and this would all suit him, should my theory be correct. An enigma forever. Immortalised in mystery.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by pawnpaw
Why are certain patches on Google Earth covered with cloud pictures in the vicinity of southeast of Diego Garcia (USA island) in the Indian ocean. Any ideas someone?
When the black photo first came out which contained the coordinates for Diego Garcia (and more specifically, for a series of buildings just south east of the landing strip), there wasn't a cloud in the sky on Google Earth.

Same coordinates, several weeks later, same results.
I just zoomed close enough to see planes, trucks and cars--- although the pics aren't good enough to make out any people.
No cloud cover, though.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
My guess is that the pilot engineered it all. He was an aviation nut; a complete obsessive. I think that it was his shot at infamy and immortality.

It was all too perfect for the plane being stormed and hijacked. No distress signal or anything. It just all went 'black'.

We will probably never find out what happened and this would all suit him, should my theory be correct. An enigma forever. Immortalised in mystery.
Not likely.
Not likely at all.

Black ops all the way on this one.
Check out the passenger manifest and see what work some of the folks were attached to.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
25 Apr 14

I'm also of the personal opinion that someone or perhaps a group in the Malaysian government is an accessory to the crime. They're the ones who made a few comments and got everyone focused on the southeast Indian Ocean, thousands of miles from where the plane is now.

Edit: Hmmm, a fake black box, I never actually th ...[text shortened]... Or maybe one from another plane. Could be easy enough to toss in the ocean from another plane.
They did detect some pings, but they seemed to be coming from three different positions within the same general area. I haven't been closely following this story so I don't know what if anything is being said about this now. The last thing I heard was there are unmanned subs being used to map the ocean floor in this general area, but it could take months before a complete picture is available.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
When the black photo first came out which contained the coordinates for Diego Garcia (and more specifically, for a series of buildings just south east of the landing strip), there wasn't a cloud in the sky on Google Earth.

Same coordinates, several weeks later, same results.
I just zoomed close enough to see planes, trucks and cars--- although the pics aren't good enough to make out any people.
No cloud cover, though.
My thoughts were that some of the search area, southeast of Diego Garcia, on the open sea, was blanked out to keep prying eyes out, but maybe that's too far south. I go along with the conspiracy theories. Not enough info available tho'.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Apr 14

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage

Oh, I agree that the pilot was the major player in the actual delivery of the plane. Everyone else on board died when he shut off the air compressor and took the plane up to 40,000+ feet.

I assume he was well paid when he landed, either with cash or with a bullet. Most likely the bullet... dead men tell no tales.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
They did detect some pings, but they seemed to be coming from three different positions within the same general area. I haven't been closely following this story so I don't know what if anything is being said about this now. The last thing I heard was there are unmanned subs being used to map the ocean floor in this general area, but it could take months before a complete picture is available.
Yeah, months, that's exactly right. We've all been sent on a wild goose chase by member(s) of the Malaysian government, giving the perpetrators plenty of time and anonymity to carry out their plan.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Apr 14

Oh, I agree that the pilot was the major player in the actual delivery of the plane. Everyone else on board died when he shut off the air compressor and took the plane up to 40,000+ feet.

I assume he was well paid when he landed, either with cash or with a bullet. Most likely the bullet... dead men tell no tales.
UFO unbelievably fudged observations.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Apr 14

Edit: Hmmm, a fake black box, I never actually th ...[text shortened]... Or maybe one from another plane. Could be easy enough to toss in the ocean from another plane.
Actually, on second thought, the actual black box from MH370 could have been taken off the plane when it landed and flown back out to the SE Indian Ocean and tossed in the ocean. There was time enough for that.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Apr 14

Yeah, months, that's exactly right. We've all been sent on a wild goose chase by member(s) of the Malaysian government, giving the perpetrators plenty of time and anonymity to carry out their plan.
Our read of this incident is identical. Scary, huh? lol

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by redbarons
I will return to RHP,I will get well thrashed in most games,I will upset many on the forum
well predicted