Random Thoughts Game

Random Thoughts Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
27 Feb 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Like you succinct answer. 😉
Yes, as I think you agree. 🙂 Or do you have anything else to add? Perhaps the theories of growing universes?

Moves
27 Feb 15

Originally posted by lolof
Yes, as I think you agree. 🙂 Or do you have anything else to add? Perhaps the theories of growing universes?
Although not conversant on the subject I think the possibility may be a notch above small.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Mar 15
1 edit

Although not conversant on the subject I think the possibility may be a notch above small.
Any possibility that there are more dimensions to the 'universe' than the human race has yet discovered?

Moves
01 Mar 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Any possibility that there are more dimensions to the 'universe' than the human race has yet discovered?
I think there are endless possibilities if you allow your mind to be "open".

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
02 Mar 15

I think there are endless possibilities if you allow your mind to be "open".
Good point. Wonder what causes the human mind to close: emotions, anxieties, fears, other?

Moves
02 Mar 15

Good point. Wonder what causes the human mind to close: emotions, anxieties, fears, other?
I think the main one is fear of the unknown. Things that are proven are safe. Yes even the "uncomfortable" ones.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Mar 15

I think the main one is fear of the unknown. Things that are proven are safe. Yes even the "uncomfortable" ones.
As a child, though, minds are open to discovery with few if any concerns for safety or established comfort zones. As we age do our minds tend to close as a defensive measure or posture in the face of new information that may require unlearning?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Mar 15

Safe to say that many of us gained new perspectives and ideas from each of the entries in this year's Prose Competition.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
13 Mar 15

Safe to say that many of us gained new perspectives and ideas from each of the entries in this year's Prose Competition.
Indeed. As they say you learn more from a wel-put example than from the dry explanation.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Mar 15

Originally posted by Ponderable
Indeed. As they say you learn more from a wel-put example than from the dry explanation.
Do you think learning by osmosis occurs in online forums to the same degree as with face to face?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Mar 15

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein lol

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
05 May 15

Do you think learning by osmosis occurs in online forums to the same degree as with face to face?
Yes. Only that people read posts in forums, they wouldn't listen to in person...🙁

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 May 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Ponderable
Yes. Only that people read posts in forums, they wouldn't listen to in person...🙁
Excellent insight, Ponderable, on reading vs. listening as the preferred means of perception. It's curious though that with children the opposite seems to hold true. Children will seldom read a simple storybook a second or third time but will often ask a parent to "please read that story to me again". Apparently in childhood the eye gate is lazy while in adulthood it's the ear gate that listens selectively. Thanks for resuscitating this thread.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
06 May 15

Excellent insight, Ponderable, on reading vs. listening as the preferred means of perception. It's curious though that with children the opposite seems to hold true. Children will seldom read a simple storybook a second or third time but will often ask a parent to "please read that story to me again". Apparently in childhood the eye gate is lazy while in adulthood it's the ear gate that listens selectively. Thanks for resuscitating this thread.
sometimes turning a deaf ear or a blind eye dose not mean you are not hearing or seeing.

Moves
06 May 15

Originally posted by redbadger
sometimes turning a deaf ear or a blind eye dose not mean you are not hearing or seeing.
Only that you may appear to be.