Shamima

Shamima

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
75d
3 edits

It’s been 9 years, should she come home now?

Moves
75d

@drewnogal said
It’s been 9 years, should she come home now?
She is home.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
75d
1 edit

@divegeester said
She is home.
Seems she’s just lost her appeal against having her British citizenship removed.
Still considered a risk to national security.

Moves
75d

@drewnogal said
Seems she’s just lost her appeal against having her British citizenship removed.
Still considered a risk to national security.
Bring her back and charge her on terrorism offences.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
75d

@a-unique-nickname said
Bring her back and charge her on terrorism offences.
I wonder how many years she might get? In view of her being considered still a child at the age she was radicalised I think she’d be treated more leniently.

Moves
75d

@drewnogal said
I wonder how many years she might get? In view of her being considered still a child at the age she was radicalised I think she’d be treated more leniently.
She only wanted to come back since 2019 when ISIS collapsed.

It’s almost as though our actions have consequences isn’t it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
74d

Let the poor woman come home!

-VR

Moves
74d

@drewnogal said
I don't think so, 15-20 years and with a lot of psychological therapy.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
74d
1 edit

@a-unique-nickname said
I don't think so, 15-20 years and with a lot of psychological therapy.
So she’ll otherwise continue to be stateless and condemned to living in Al-Hawl refugee camp, Syria.

[Begum has been backed by nearly £250,000 of legal aid as of August 2021 to bring the action as she has no financial means to support her case, according to a Freedom of Information request.]

Moves
74d

@drewnogal said
She's an adult now and not going back on any of her previous opinions.

She's a danger to the country and more importantly: she continues, as an adult, to be a danger to the country. Why should the UK accept that?

Moves
73d

@shallow-blue said

She's a danger to the country and more importantly: she continues, as an adult, to be a danger to the country. Why should the UK accept that?
Did I read she lost her citizenship appeal on Friday?🤔

Moves
73d

@great-big-stees said
Did I read she lost her citizenship appeal on Friday?🤔
You did, yes.

Moves
73d

@divegeester said
You did, yes.
Three red thumbs for responding to my query?😲🤔

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
73d

@shallow-blue said

I get what you're saying, she’s continued to live among the wives and families who were a part of ISIS so could her ideology have changed that much? She did look very westernised in her BBC documentaries; dressed in jeans, sun glasses, long flowing hair and a floppy sun hat, as if trying to look like she had changed.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
73d

I remember when that all came about.
IMO, perhaps Shamima can be allowed to return, but face some kind of punishment.

I don't know how she could think the way that she did but, maybe she has learned a lesson.