so basically

so basically

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I'm partial to a) myself. I find the game most interesting when both me and my opponent are going for a).
You're in good company: Bobby Fischer also said he like to hear the sound of his opponents' egos being crushed.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Sahuaro
No problem. You might want to go back and delete those posts if you still can. Better than a forum ban.
"Red Hot Pawn Terms of Service

3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to :

(a) You will not create more than one account.

(b) While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials."

Technically, suggesting a gentleman's draw might be considered a violation especially if the player was losing; in this instance the player wasn't seeking advice... just blowing off steam. Marginal infraction, nonetheless. Thanks again.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
21 Feb 14
1 edit

Rec for post above.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
21 Feb 14

Mr. Hopple profile says: ... I make moves throughout the day on my phone while at work, so if I make a big blunder think nothing of it.

Über-Nerd

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by white boy bob
someone who's losing a game can just throw a fit, accuse me of cheating, and blacklist me and I have no recourse? (Mott the Hoople!)

I was having a good game for once.. you ruined my whole night. I am not a cheater.
I doubt that one aggrieved opponent's unsubstantiated accusation is sufficient to get you blacklisted.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
21 Feb 14

Originally posted by moonbus
I doubt that one aggrieved opponent's unsubstantiated accusation is sufficient to get you blacklisted.
If "blacklisting" is meant to mean being put on a persons ignore list it could well be that a single suspicion will get a person there. But that is ot relevant in the big image...

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by Ponderable
If "blacklisting" is meant to mean being put on a persons ignore list it could well be that a single suspicion will get a person there. But that is ot relevant in the big image...
if however "blacklisting" is banning then there is no chance for that from one suspicion...there have been few banning the last few years

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by Ponderable
if however "blacklisting" is banning then there is no chance for that from one suspicion...there have been few banning the last few years
Have people changed or is it that the Mods are a little more "forgiving"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Mar 14

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
they gave me a weeks forum ban for texting the words BACK OF THE NET it upset supergirl.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
It seems that there are no game moderators anymore. Some suspicions have been aired about (mostly) the top players on the site, but nothiung happened. In fact threads in which games and engine use were discussed lived much longer than they used to.

Read a book!

Moves
19 Apr 14

Originally posted by redbarons
they gave me a weeks forum ban for texting the words BACK OF THE NET it upset supergirl.
Is that you, Vince?