1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 02:111 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    mud? what kind of coffee do you drink cow herder? I myself have a preference for an Italian roasted blend served with little amaretto biscuits (made from almonds) it has a nutty flavour and smokey aroma, otherwise i will drink Columbian, Ethiopian and a French blend mostly as a latte or a cappuccino. but mud? sounds like expresso
    It depends who makes it. The wife makes auto drip and adds French vanilla creamer. I make cowboy coffee in an old fashioned basketless campfire coffee pot. You boil water, add grounds and stir. Let it boil for a few minutes then remove from the fire to settle. I wrap it with a towel to keep it hot. After a few minutes when the water settles I add a few cleaned egg shells and a splash of cold water. This drives the grounds to the bottom. You can strain it when you pour or not depending on how cowboy you are. 😛
    As far as the coffee type, the wife uses French roast dark. I like Arbuckles coffee. (Traditional cowboy coffee was made this way)
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 02:51
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    You boil water, add grounds and stir. Let it boil for a few minutes then remove from the fire to settle.
    Boil???
    Men have been killed for less!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 06:52
    Originally posted by Trev33
    COLOMBIA!!!!!!!!!!! With an OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    yes with an ooooooooooooo 😀
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '14 06:532 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Boil???
    Men have been killed for less!
    exactly, one does not boil coffee, these uncouth colonials! its no wonder the empire fell to bits.
  5. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 15:43
    exactly, one does not boil coffee, these uncouth colonials! its no wonder the empire fell to bits.
    lets face it they cant make a proper cup of builders tea.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 17:041 edit
    Another thing, why all the Euro hate for peanut butter? If it wasn't for PB&Js American kids would starve. 😕
    USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
    I sometimes carry a jar of peanut butter with me in diners and put it on over pizza four cheeses for example or over lasagne.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 17:47
    It depends who makes it. The wife makes auto drip and adds French vanilla creamer. I make cowboy coffee in an old fashioned basketless campfire coffee pot. You boil water, add grounds and stir. Let it boil for a few minutes then remove from the fire to settle. I wrap it with a towel to keep it hot. After a few minutes when the water settles I add a few c ...[text shortened]... e uses French roast dark. I like Arbuckles coffee. (Traditional cowboy coffee was made this way)
    Not even strained through your cowboy bandana?

Maybe you could try English Breakfast tea, it seems a little stronger than some.

But if you really make coffee as you say, then I imagine no tea could be strong enough for you. I'm a little more cultured, I use a Keurig coffeemaker. 😀
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 17:491 edit
    Colonials?

Them's fightin' words!

😠
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 18:541 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Colonials?

Them's fightin' words!

😠
    I have no fight left Suzzianne, take it, take it all. . . I need comfort and bandages, a pair of grey slippers and a pipe, nothing left, just existence.
  10. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 19:15
    Cold-brewed Costa Rican Peaberry...

I'll say no more. 😀
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '14 21:35
    Good God
    I ran out of coffee today. I forgot to write it on the grocery list. I was wanting a hot beverage, so I dug out some good old tea. What is this crap? It reminds me of rusty water. 😕 Sorry but as an American cowboy I need a cup of mud. I can see now why we dumped this crap in the ocean and kicked England's ass.
    USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
    You can have a coffee on brokeback mountain cowboy
  12. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 16:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 18:411 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I am broken my Celtic cousin, there is nothing left but emptiness, a vast tundra region stretching forth into eternity upon which hollow words reverberate and dissipate into the vastness of the void.

Whisky is pleasure spiked with pain, one needs friends and an open fire and legs aching from hill walking in some little village inn to appreciate its mercies. No mercy here.
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    21 Sep '14 21:57
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I just got back from Ireland. Iced tea was the thing I missed most while there.
    Well, you know, it is not complicated to make. Get your hot tea, and then add ice till it quits melting. I do this at places like IHOP where the iced tea is clearly some sort of instant crap.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree