The Red Hot Pawn Prose Competition 2

The Red Hot Pawn Prose Competition 2

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
29 Apr 05

Originally posted by rwingett
I want to know why you don't reveal the names of everyone who submitted. I'm sure they don't all want to toil in anonymity perpetually.
There's nothing stopping them revealing their work themselves of course.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 Apr 05

I want to know why you don't reveal the names of everyone who submitted. I'm sure they don't all want to toil in anonymity perpetually.
I want to know why you didn't vote.

D

h

Moves
29 Apr 05

The concept is simple.

If you are anonymous, you may write whatever you want, without boundaries, expectations, prejudice, pre-conceived opinions about yourself, etc. Your words speak for themselves. If, within that freedom, you have managed to write something so great that it wins the votes and hence the competition, then you are free to bask in the light of victory over four other pieces of prose, not four other people. We're all capable of different things at different times, and I don't want anything that any of the authors have done in the past to affect public opinion of their submission.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Apr 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I want to know why you didn't vote.

D
Because I didn't want to give away my identity this time. And because I didn't want to give my opponents any points. I was going for the win. But I guess I cut my own throat by being 400 words over the maximum.

I guess that gives away which one I wrote, but I'd still like to know who the other contributors were. I'm relieved to find out that you wrote the winning entry. I thought for sure that it was StarValleyWy. I didn't want to lose to him.

h

Moves
29 Apr 05

Because I didn't want to give away my identity this time. And because I didn't want to give my opponents any points. I was going for the win. But I guess I cut my own throat by being 400 words over the maximum.

I guess that gives away which one I wrote, but I'd still like to know who the other contributors were. I'm relieved to find out that you wro ...[text shortened]... e the winning entry. I thought for sure that it was StarValleyWy. I didn't want to lose to him.
If you want to know who wrote what then send me a p.m. and I'll get the author to contact you if he/she so desires.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 Apr 05

And because I didn't want to give my opponents any points. I was going for the win.
Very noble of you.

D

j
Top Gun

Angels 20

Moves
29 Apr 05

And because I didn't want to give my opponents any points. I was going for the win.
Not very sporting old chap. I was going to abstain from voting in the first one for the same reason but decided I should in the end.

S

Moves
29 Apr 05

I guess that gives away which one I wrote, but I'd still like to know who the other contributors were. I'm relieved to find out that you wro ...[text shortened]... e the winning entry. I thought for sure that it was StarValleyWy. I didn't want to lose to him.
I really did like your entry Rob and I would have voted highly for it had it not been so far over the limit. As you say, it was a bit self destructive. I do think you should still have voted though, if you think your piece is good enough to win you should have no problem showing your appreciation of the other entries.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Apr 05

Originally posted by Starrman
I really did like your entry Rob and I would have voted highly for it had it not been so far over the limit. As you say, it was a bit self destructive. I do think you should still have voted though, if you think your piece is good enough to win you should have no problem showing your appreciation of the other entries.
Part of the problem is that you can also guess at the identity of the authors by seeing which piece they didn't vote for. Actually that was a bigger motivation for my not voting than giving my opponents extra points.

S

Moves
29 Apr 05

Part of the problem is that you can also guess at the identity of the authors by seeing which piece they didn't vote for. Actually that was a bigger motivation for my not voting than giving my opponents extra points.
I think that perhaps the solution then is not to try to decipher the authors identities at all. I know you're a tactician and it is probably killing you not to know or not to try and work it out 🙂

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 Apr 05

That's a ridiculous reason not to vote. I didn't even know that you had submitted an entry.

So give us your vote now then. So, in your nobility, I'm guessing...
1. No Salvation

D

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
29 Apr 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
That's a ridiculous reason not to vote. I didn't even know that you had submitted an entry.

So give us your vote now then. So, in your nobility, I'm guessing...
1. No Salvation

D
What is it with you? I can't vote for myself, in case you weren't aware of that. My vote probably would have been:

1. Under the cover of night
2. Nameless...Faceless
3. Fight in the Mess

h

Moves
29 Apr 05

Oops. Sorry. I can make up a story about my dog eating my computer or that there was a lightning storm or something, but actually, we need two more entries. The last entry that I received was actually for round 4 (life story)

I NEED TWO ENTRIES FOR ROUND 3 (OPEN TOPIC).

c

Moves
29 Apr 05

Any progress?

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
30 Apr 05

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
1. Voodoo Hoodoo .. Purely because I like light lyrical english style dialogue ...not that I can talk proper 🙂 Should have been longer.

2. Nameless... Faceless .. hit a spot I can't scratch ..

3. Under Cover of the Night .. Dark velvet.. well written Nasty.

No salv... too many words for comp but i liked it better than undercover ..more substance

Fight .. disjointed.. a chunk from something but fun
I wrote fight.. but liked all the rest better mine was part of a bubblegum action adventure story for which the last chapter was never finished. I'd love feedback and harsh critism. It was done for fun.

Well done Rag and all .. I watched the killing field docos ewww did you find the emotion of the subject drove you or did you need a lot of breaks??