The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

The RHP Tavern on the Board is open

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15d

@Very-Rusty said
Stees actually you are older than I am. I don't know about torunn but my children and their children must have been busier than yours, shall we say. 🙂

-VR
I would have thought they were less busy.🤔😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@Great-Big-Stees said
I would have thought they were less busy.🤔😉
I am sure I don't have to spell it out to you. 😛 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
15d

@Very-Rusty said
Stees actually you are older than I am. I don't know about torunn but my children and their children must have been busier than yours, shall we say. 🙂

-VR
It often happens that families follow the same social culture and traditions. My mother was 25 when she had me, I was 21 when I had my first daughter, she was 22 when she had her first daughter and so on. I was a grandmother the first time at 43 - it truly has kept me busy. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15d

@Torunn said
It often happens that families follow the same social culture and traditions. My mother was 25 when she had me, I was 21 when I had my first daughter, she was 22 when she had her first daughter and so on. I was a grandmother the first time at 43 - it truly has kept me busy. 🙂
Yes, I was only 24 when my ex-wife had our first, young and cocky....Now I am older but still a bit cocky at times. 🙂

-VR

Moves
14d

@Very-Rusty said
Yes, I was only 24 when my ex-wife had our first, young and cocky....Now I am older but still a bit cocky at times. 🙂

-VR
I was the reverse (42) when we, my ex and I, had our first…we practiced a lot.😲

Gothenburg

Moves
14d

@Great-Big-Stees said
Grandchildren and great-grandchildren keep us young at heart, no time for self-indulgence. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14d
2 edits

@Great-Big-Stees said
42 is a late start, I had a lot more practice at 24, at least that is when we had our first born. Lots of practice before that too! 🙂 My God the time flies so fast! You probably were a lot more mature than me at 42 but I am sure I had more stamina at 24....LOL.... 🙂 Lots of fun growing up with them too, I am sure we all made lots of mistakes along the way.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
14d

@Very-Rusty said
42 is a late start, I had a lot more practice at 24, at least that is when we had our first born. Lots of practice before that too! 🙂 My God the time flies so fast! You probably were a lot more mature than me at 42 but I am sure I had more stamina at 24....LOL.... 🙂 Lots of fun growing up with them too, I am sure we all made lots of mistakes along the way.

-VR
If we have forgotten, our children will be happy to remind us. 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14d

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14d

@Torunn said
If we have forgotten, our children will be happy to remind us. 🙂
LOL...Yes and gloatingly so too! 🙂

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
14d

@Very-Rusty said
LOL...Yes and gloatingly so too! 🙂

-VR
I have accepted their points of view - if they feel that I have failed at times, then that is their truth. I may look differently at it, but that's only my point of view. I must accept that.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14d

@Torunn said
I have accepted their points of view - if they feel that I have failed at times, then that is their truth. I may look differently at it, but that's only my point of view. I must accept that.
As they grow older they may look at things in an entirely different way. When I was young I didn't think my father knew what he was talking about. Turned out I was too young and inexperienced at the time to grasp what he was saying, was for my own good. I am confident I did the best I could with my children, spoiling the Grand children and Great Grand-children as that is my Job. 🙂 😉

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
14d

@Very-Rusty said
As they grow older they may look at things in an entirely different way. When I was young I didn't think my father knew what he was talking about. Turned out I was too young and inexperienced at the time to grasp what he was saying, was for my own good. I am confident I did the best I could with my children, spoiling the Grand children and Great Grand-children as that is my Job. 🙂 😉

-VR
I agree, I did the best I could but I understand now that my children - especially my youngest daughter - needed more than I could give.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14d

@Torunn said
I agree, I did the best I could but I understand now that my children - especially my youngest daughter - needed more than I could give.
I wouldn't kick myself over it. You did the best you could at the time I am sure.

-VR

Moves
13d

@Very-Rusty said
I wouldn't kick myself over it. You did the best you could at the time I am sure.

-VR
As hindsight is always 20/20. Thankfully most of us do “the right thing” from the beginning or at least manage not to make too many mistakes.