Things You'd Like to Know

Things You'd Like to Know

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Q: Why do ice cubes crack when you pour hot water on them?
A: Because of differential expansion.

Q: Can you think of a way to use differential expansion as a metaphor or analogy for some aspect of human interaction?

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Because of differential expansion.

Q: Can you think of a way to use differential expansion as a metaphor or analogy for some aspect of human interaction?
A: I'll get back to you.

Q: Is there someone with whom you talk (via telephone) here on RHP on a, somewhat regular basis?

Read a book!

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Q. Why aren't Wallace & Gromit known internationally? đŸ˜Č
A. But they are.

Q. Have you been peckish during the night?

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Q: Is there someone with whom you talk (via telephone) here on RHP on a, somewhat regular basis?
A: Several.

Q: Any progress on that question about differential expansion's effect on ice as a metaphor?

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
A. But they are.

Q. Have you been peckish during the night?
A: Yes and the daytime too.

Q: Is it true that the price of lobster has "gone through the roof"?

F

Moves
16 Apr 16
1 edit

Q: Is it true that the price of lobster has "gone through the roof"?
A: Sorry, if I translate this question into Bahasa Indonesia, it sounds funny (especially if said with a silly voice and exaggerated gestures) and, thereafter, I just can't take its English version seriously. Sorry once again.

Q: Why do so many music journalists think that their undisguised contempt for Jethro Tull, U2 and Simple Minds can simply go unjustified or unexplained?

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Sorry, if I translate this question into Bahasa Indonesia, it sounds funny (especially if said with a silly voice and exaggerated gestures) and, thereafter, I just can't take its English version seriously. Sorry once again.

Q: Why do so many music journalists think that their undisguised contempt for Jethro Tull, U2 and Simple Minds can simply go unjustified or unexplained?
A: They're stoned.

Q: Why is it that when a frog makes a sound "they" refer to it as croak?

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Q: Why is it that when a frog makes a sound "they" refer to it as croak?
A: I fail to see why frogs need a word to refer to the sound "they" themselves make.

Q: Is 'failing to see something' ever a satisfactory answer to a question?

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: I fail to see why frogs need a word to refer to the sound "they" themselves make.

Q: Is 'failing to see something' ever a satisfactory answer to a question?
A: Depends on the lens through which one sees it.

Q: Do all good things really come to an end?

F

Moves
16 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
A. Hai FMF san

Q. Yagi ga suki desu ka?
A: ç§ăŻæ—„ æœŹèȘžă‚’話 すこべは ă§ăăŸă› んが、私はで きăȘいこずに äșșă€…ă‚’è­Šć‘Š するこべが できるべいう äș‹ćźŸăŻă€æ—„æœŹ èȘžă‚’è©±ă™ăȘど æ”æšąă«èĄŒă† ă«ăŻă€ăă‚Œă‚‰ăź ć€šăăŻă€ç§ăŒæ—„æœŹ èȘžă‚’話 すこべができ るこべ ă‚’è€ƒăˆă• ă›ă‚‹ăźă§ă€ćœŒă‚‰ăŻăš ă«ă‹ăæ—„ æœŹèȘžă§ç§ ă«è©±ă—ăŠă ă ă•ă„ïŒ

Q: あăȘăŸă ă‘ă§ăŻă€ă‚°ăƒŒă‚°ăƒ«ăŒçż»èšłă•ă‚ŒăŠă„ăȘă„äœżç”šă—ăŠă„ăŸă—ăŸă—ăŸă‹ïŒŸ

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

Q: Do all good things really come to an end?
A: I can see this thread going on forever because it allows people to say almost anything and to do so without any obvious consequences.

Q: Do you hold any 'ideological' viewpoints that do not fit with the rest of your ideology, such as it is, and that surprise your otherwise like-minded friends?

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: ç§ăŻæ—„ æœŹèȘžă‚’話 すこべは ă§ăăŸă› んが、私はで きăȘいこずに äșșă€…ă‚’è­Šć‘Š するこべが できるべいう äș‹ćźŸăŻă€æ—„æœŹ èȘžă‚’è©±ă™ăȘど æ”æšąă«èĄŒă† ă«ăŻă€ăă‚Œă‚‰ăź ć€šăăŻă€ç§ăŒæ—„æœŹ èȘžă‚’話 すこべができ るこべ ă‚’è€ƒăˆă• ă›ă‚‹ăźă§ă€ćœŒă‚‰ăŻăš ă«ă‹ăæ—„ æœŹèȘžă§ç§ ă«è©±ă—ăŠă ă ă•ă„ïŒ

Q: あăȘăŸă ă‘ă§ăŻă€ă‚°ăƒŒă‚°ăƒ«ăŒçż»èšłă•ă‚ŒăŠă„ăȘă„äœżç”šă—ăŠă„ăŸă—ăŸă—ăŸă‹ïŒŸ
A: I gotta get hold of my IT guy/gal.

Q: Do interior decorators ever decorate externally?

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: I can see this thread going on forever because it allows people to say almost anything and to do so without any obvious consequences.

Q: Do you hold any 'ideological' viewpoints that do not fit with the rest of your ideology, such as it is, and that surprise your otherwise like-minded friends?
A: Often, and that makes for some rather heated discussions, which are good things.

Q: Do you ever agree to disagree or do you go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on...?

F

Moves
16 Apr 16

A: Often, and that makes for some rather heated discussions, which are good things.

Q: Do you ever agree to disagree or do you go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on...?
A: Going on and on and on and on and on is something to do.

Q: You were asking me, weren't you?

Moves
16 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Going on and on and on and on and on is something to do.

Q: You were asking me, weren't you?
A: Well it was put out there for anyone but in a pinch you'll do...I guess.

Q: Do you think that Homeland Security "watches" us?