Things You'd Like to Know

Things You'd Like to Know

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Jan 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: As in 'angry'? No. Not at all. That forum simply lost its appeal.

Q: Will there be a lot of baby girls born around nine months from now who will be named "Gertrude"?
A. More so than boys named Donald.

Q. Why is a pony worth more than a monkey?

F

Moves
29 Jan 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Q. Why is a pony worth more than a monkey?
A: Monkeys are easier to get hold of, especially if you use the softlee softlee catchee approach.

Q: Did anyone here listen to Ed "Stewpot" Stewart on the radio and watch Crackerjack on the TV in the 70s?

Moves
29 Jan 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Monkeys are easier to get hold of, especially if you use the softlee softlee catchee approach.

Q: Did anyone here listen to Ed "Stewpot" Stewart on the radio and watch Crackerjack on the TV in the 70s?
A: I am sure there are some but I was not among them.

Q: I just listened to an old album by Yoko Ono, Does anyone else have one of hers?

F

Moves
29 Jan 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
Q: I just listened to an old album by Yoko Ono, Does anyone else have one of hers?
A: On a hard disk somewhere yes. But I'm not going to listen to it.

Q: Are Copenhagen's "musical ambulances" unfair to badly injured people who prefer reading or going for quiet walks?

Moves
29 Jan 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: On a hard disk somewhere yes. But I'm not going to listen to it.

Q: Are Copenhagen's "musical ambulances" unfair to badly injured people who prefer reading or going for quiet walks?
A: Only if the injured person doesn't get to chose the music.

Q: Do they?

F

Moves
29 Jan 16
1 edit

A: Only if the injured person doesn't get to chose the music.

Q: Do they?
A: This question may have been asked at the hearing where the restraining order against the Copenhagen ambulance service was requested.

Q: Does the fact that the Ariane rocket was built by European countries explain why it's never managed to reach all the way to the moon like those American ones did years ago?

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: This question may have been asked at the hearing where the restraining order against the Copenhagen ambulance service was requested.

Q: Does the fact that the Ariane rocket was built by European countries explain why it's never managed to reach all the way to the moon like those American ones did years ago?
A: With a name like that I'm surprised it got off the launch pad never mind getting to the moon.

Q: What's in a name anyway?

F

Moves
30 Jan 16

Q: What's in a name anyway?
A: If it's a woman's name, what's 'in it' may well be an association [in many millions of victims' minds] with cruel death and indiscriminate destruction wreaked by terrible storms.

Q: How much less money would Hollywood movies make ~ across the board ~ if they cast good actors and actresses that weren't famously beautiful and handsome - and, instead, were just plain ordinary looking people - whilst keeping exactly the same stories, scripts and production values?

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: If it's a woman's name, what's 'in it' may well be an association [in many millions of victims' minds] with cruel death and indiscriminate destruction wreaked by terrible storms.

Q: How much less money would Hollywood movies make ~ across the board ~ if they cast good actors and actresses that weren't famously beautiful and handsome - and, instead, were ju ...[text shortened]... rdinary looking people - whilst keeping exactly the same stories, scripts and production values?
A: As a rule of thumb I'd say maybe 1/3.

Q: The movie Black Christmas was filmed at a friend of mine's parents home in Toronto. Have you ever watched a movie being made? Talk about boring.

F

Moves
30 Jan 16

Q: The movie Black Christmas was filmed at a friend of mine's parents home in Toronto. Have you ever watched a movie being made? Talk about boring.
A: I'll answer your post in part by saying yes, and I've been on the set of TV programmes being made (I've actually appeared in a couple of films and in a TV series). As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry, I don't want to talk about boring and you cannot just order me to do so like that.

Q: Northampton lost to Wasps 11-24 in domestic British rugby union last night. According to the Chaos Theory a.k.a "the butterfly effect", will this event somehow affect everyone in the world to some degree, regardless of how infinitesimal?

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: I'll answer your post in part by saying yes, and I've been on the set of TV programmes being made (I've actually appeared in a couple of films and in a TV series). As for the rest of your post, I'm sorry, I don't want to talk about boring and you cannot just order me to do so like that.

Q: Northampton lost to Wasps 11-24 in domestic British rugby union las ...[text shortened]... this event somehow affect everyone in the world to some degree, regardless of how infinitesimal?
A: If the theory is proved to be true then yes.

Q: Will we ever be able to actually reach the speed of light?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Jan 16

A: If the theory is proved to be true then yes.

Q: Will we ever be able to actually reach the speed of light?
A. Yes - when we discover Dilithium Crystals.

Q. What is the optimum number of miscellaneous screws to have in your garage?

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
A. Yes - when we discover Dilithium Crystals.

Q. What is the optimum number of miscellaneous screws to have in your garage?
A: A baker's dozen.

Q: Have you ever made the mistake of measuring once and cutting twice?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Jan 16

A: A baker's dozen.

Q: Have you ever made the mistake of measuring once and cutting twice?
A. Yes. That's why I had to give up my other job as a Mohel.

Q. Have you ever had to return an LED bulb?

Moves
30 Jan 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
A. Yes. That's why I had to give up my other job as a Mohel.

Q. Have you ever had to return an LED bulb?
A: No but I did have to return a TULIP bulb that didn't grow.

Q: Should we spell things phonetically?