This forum since …

This forum since …

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16d

@moonbus said
I honestly don't know remember where my 50s went. They zoomed by so quickly. I passed 65 several years ago. I now consider myself to have arrived at 'advanced middle age.'
Nothing wrong with Advanced middle age, especially when your brain is as sharp as it is and chess as good as it is too. Of course how you are physically is so very important also. I too wonder where the years went and they go by fast, seems even fast as we get older. I know you've been a great mentor in chess for me and others, so you are still contributing that way for sure, how many others ways I do not know you well enough to say. Just stay well my chess friend. 🙂

-VR

Moves
16d

@divegeester said
You still hold to your post where you said it would have been better if my mother had aborted me before birth?

Just because I grind your tiny gears on chess website…

Really!?
Really! You actually believe you grind my gears? I'm a clutch player, and you're just another toasted coffee bean in my grinder.

I still hold the opinion that some people would be better off if they had never been born. Unlike FMF, I would not miss you at all, as there are plenty of other oddballs like you online, as playmates.

You are really deluded if you think you can seriously disturb me in any way. These online forums are just a pastime for me, much like chess. I don't take either seriously. I surely don't take you seriously. But if you want to insist on playing the part of a nagging idiot, you may actually succeed in making me believe you are one, seriously.

Moves
16d

@drewnogal said
Well done, that’s very good. I use Google Earth to mark out the perimiter of my cross country walks which then gives me an accurate distance.
Is that distance based on, as the crow flies? Does Google earth compensate and adjusts distances for those ups and downs in the walks of life? Or is the ground you walk on completely flat, besides holy?

Moves
16d

@very-rusty said
Nothing wrong with Advanced middle age, especially when your brain is as sharp as it is and chess as good as it is too. Of course how you are physically is so very important also. I too wonder where the years went and they go by fast, seems even fast as we get older. I know you've been a great mentor in chess for me and others, so you are still contributing that way for su ...[text shortened]... ow many others ways I do not know you well enough to say. Just stay well my chess friend. 🙂

-VR
Both the brain and the body need to be on equal terms. A balance of health is a must for "grumpier old men" like us. For women too, I suppose. I'm still waiting for that one to come out.

The problem with living in the Valley of the Sun is that there is no ice-fishing around here, just fresh, wet water.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16d

@pettytalk said
You actually believe you grind my gears?
Certainly I do, it’s obvious. Some days you hardly make a post which doesn’t mention me. Every day you’ve got a flame up your bum about me. Like Kevin Eleven you write horrible things about me.

It’s fun.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16d
1 edit

@pettytalk said

I still hold the opinion that some people would be better off if they had never been born. Unlike FMF, I would not miss you at all, as there are plenty of other oddballs like you online, as playmates.
You miss FMF and I’m a “playmate”.

I see.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16d

@pettytalk said
You are really deluded if you think you can seriously disturb me in any way. These online forums are just a pastime for me, much like chess. I don't take either seriously. I surely don't take you seriously.
And yet you will write the most horrible invective about me; about how my mother should have aborted me before birth.

No I think the opposite is true your Pettiness.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16d
2 edits

@pettytalk said
I'll bet your garden has no straight lines. You mean to tell me that you never had the gall to tell anyone where they needed to go? Can you see straight? Are you defending the indefensible? Dive is nothing short of insulting just about everyone. He's a first-class misogynist, to begin with, and he's rotten to the core, as he demonstrates with his constant nagging, seeking o ...[text shortened]... he cats. And I'm still working on a Dive repellent, but there are a couple of obstacles to overcome.
Oh diddums …

Did drewnogal call you out and now you’re going to do what…. “Drop off a dozen cats to crap in her vegetable patch”.

What an utter prick you are.

Gothenburg

Moves
16d

@very-rusty said
I must say you are covering a lot of retired people especially in the winter time, when they can't get outside. Remember the day will come when you have difficulty getting around and wind up in your housecoat and slippers sitting around watching TV or on your computer all day. We just don't know from day to day what life will happen to throw our way as we get older.

-VR
When I was much younger and my life was hectic, I used to dream of the day when I would feel old enough to take it easy, eat Danish pastries and smoke an occasional cigar. I figured I would be about 70. So far it hasn't happened - I still am careful with the pastries and have never tried a cigar. 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16d

@torunn said
When I was much younger and my life was hectic, I used to dream of the day when I would feel old enough to take it easy, eat Danish pastries and smoke an occasional cigar. I figured I would be about 70. So far it hasn't happened - I still am careful with the pastries and have never tried a cigar. 🙂
I can’t imagine you with a cigar.

Gothenburg

Moves
16d

@divegeester said
I can’t imagine you with a cigar.
Nor can I, but at that time when this was a dream I just wanted to relax without any obligations.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
16d

@Torunn said
Nor can I, but at that time when this was a dream I just wanted to relax without any obligations.
More a symbol than an object 😉

Gothenburg

Moves
16d
1 edit

@ponderable said
More a symbol than an object 😉
A symbol of the carefree life, and I'm still not there. 🙂

Moves
16d

@torunn said
A symbol of the carefree life, and I'm still not there. 🙂
When I reached a certain age I too thought that from then on life would be “a bowl of cherries” but instead it became “the pits”, of those damn cherries.😲 Now having said that I am to blame for my mood as I have found out I can’t say NO.😲😁

Gothenburg

Moves
16d

@great-big-stees said
When I reached a certain age I too thought that from then on life would be “a bowl of cherries” but instead it became “the pits”, of those damn cherries.😲 Now having said that I am to blame for my mood as I have found out I can’t say NO.😲😁
Saying No certainly helps, it is something we have learn to do.