since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 20:45
    Aardvark.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 20:511 edit
    America? the sad effect of kicking the British out too soon. Come back to mother
    Britannia!
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 21:23
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170
    I assume .... Thank you. Amen. 😀
    I assume altering people's written words "blatantly" (your words, not mine) in the guise of "humor" is part of New Zealand's civility.

You assume wrongly.

I assume that pretending that you didn't do such a thing several times (deceit) is part of more NZ civility:

I have never pretended any such thing!

Sorry? But you were a jerk to me for no good reason. It is what it is. A civil person wouldn't have done it in the first place. A civil person would have just apologized. How hard is that? Could you not come down from your pedestal and just say it wasn't right to do? I guess this is beneath you.

I didn't realise the rules of civility were governed by you. Again I say I am not in
    your head, nothing I can do about that - though it seems a weird and scary place.

I am not sure anyone got your intended "laugh?" Mostly, because it was not funny.

I agree: You are not sure. About this and life in general it seems.

btw - Your contempt for America is getting old. If you refuse to acknowledge and appreciate any good that we have ever done in this world, then I would ask you to please refrain from enjoying and benefiting from our multitude of contributions. It is hypocritical. Thank you. Amen.

Don't mistake contempt for gun-toting rednecks as contempt for a country.
    In the past I have lauded America for its achievements - perhaps you can cite
    an instance of my contempt?

And finally I am sure you support the Chinese regime ... judging
    by all the "Made in China" stickers over your consumer goods.
    Hypocrite?
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 21:26
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    You want him to stay out of Starbucks?!
    I went in one once in the UK.
    I'm not a coffee drinker but the Kiwis are very fussy
    about their coffee. A Starbucks would be their last choice.
  6. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 22:01
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I assume altering people's written words "blatantly" (your words, not mine) in the guise of "humor" is part of New Zealand's civility.

You assume wrongly.

I assume that pretending that you didn't do such a thing several times (deceit) is part of more NZ civility:

I have never pretended any such thing!

[quote]Sorry? ...[text shortened]... e regime ... judging
    by all the "Made in China" stickers over your consumer goods.
    Hypocrite?
    No hypocrite here. I acknowledge America's flaws and relish in its feats. New Zealand has its own imperfect history. It is even more distasteful if you have contempt for the citizens of our country than for our politics. What a shame! Do you even know one single American? Or you are just going by stereotypes? I am sure the citizens of your country are a motley crew...just like here. I would hate to paint your citizens with such a broad brush, and have contempt for people I do not personally know.

Cite me an example of you applauding America? lol Yea, ok. Just don't alter any of your own anti-American posts to do so, k? 😉

Posters beware: Wolfgang will change your posts as he sees fit, deny it when confronted with silly "Que?" posts, then decide to brag that he actually DID "blatantly" alter it, justify his actions with some feeble excuse, and then paint you out to be the bad guy.

I am glad you are "well." 🙂
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 22:35
    No hypocrite here. I acknowledge America's flaws and relish in its feats. New Zealand has its own imperfect history. It is even more distasteful if you have contempt for the citizens of our country than for our politics. What a shame! Do you even know one single American? Or you are just going by stereotypes? I am sure the citizens of your country are ...[text shortened]... th some feeble excuse, and then paint you out to be the bad guy.

No hypocrite here.

You support the Chinese regime or don't have any Chinese goods?

I acknowledge America's flaws and relish in its feats.

As do I. ... ok maybe not relish but applaud.

New Zealand has its own imperfect history.

Give us your insight into NZ history.

It is even more distasteful if you have contempt for the citizens of our country than for our politics. What a shame! Do you even know one single American? Or you are just going by stereotypes?

I have contempt for a subset of your citizens, the same subset we have in NZ.

I am sure the citizens of your country are a motley crew...just like here. I would hate to paint your citizens with such a broad brush, and have contempt for people I do not personally know.

The only one using a broad brush here is you.

Cite me an example of you applauding America? lol Yea, ok. Just don't alter any of your own anti-American posts to do so, k?

You made the unfounded accusations against me - it is for you to either
    substantiate those or recant. I'm not trawling threads to defend myself.

Posters beware: Wolfgang will change your posts as he sees fit, deny it

Nope. Never denied it.

... justify his actions with some feeble excuse, and then paint you out to be the bad guy.

yes I justified my actions but never made you out to be the "bad guy" - another product
    of your over-active imagination.

Actually I'm feeling a bit under the weather recently; I've got arthritis in my
    ring finger (broken years ago playing rugby), "trigger finger" in my middle
    finger and a mystery virus/fungus skin condition on my index finger. All on
    the same hand! It's a bit depressing really.

However the sun is shining and I've just been playing with my daughter on the
    swings. She is very well and astonishing me every day with her new words.
    Bye for now.
    Wolfie xxx
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 00:07
    white flag
    box of chocolates
    olive branch
  9. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 01:33
    No hypocrite here.

You support the Chinese regime or don't have any Chinese goods?

I acknowledge America's flaws and relish in its feats.

As do I. ... ok maybe not relish but applaud.

New Zealand has its own imperfect history.

Give us your insight into NZ history.

[quote]It is even more distastef ...[text shortened]... ngs. She is very well and astonishing me every day with her new words.
    Bye for now.
    Wolfie xxx
    My dearest Wolfie,

"Oh what a tangled web we weave......!"
    Your indignation is staggering.

What makes you think that I would have any desire to chat with you about anything ever again? Surely you jest. lol You and I both know what really happened here. Unfounded accusations? ha ha ha ha All of your silly boxes and conflicting commentary do nothing to camouflage your actions....

Here let me help you....

de·ceit
    /dəˈsēt/
    noun
    the action or practice of deceiving someone by concealing or misrepresenting the truth.

You changed my post, my friend. You played dumb with me after your deserved ban, but when cornered some more, decided to then boast about your behavior instead. Then, for good measure, you tried to justify it by claiming it was funny. All the while hurling lame insults my way to divert attention from your less-than-honorable behavior. Those are the facts. Anyone who is bored enough, can rewind the tape. I fear that you are starting to believe your own spin?

It makes complete sense that you do not wish to trawl any threads in an attempt to "defend" yourself. That is simply adorable. So....hmmmmmm....let me make sure I understand? It is YOU who has been wronged? lmao

I believe you are the first New Zealander I've ever chatted with. How lovely this was.
    🙄

Update your profile? It says you are "well," but clearly, between your finger conditions and your rather troubling delusions, I fear you are rather "unwell."
    Just sayin' ......

😛
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 01:43
    Originally posted by Landisqueen170 to wolfgang59
    What makes you think that I would have any desire to chat with you about anything ever again? Surely you jest. lol You and I both know what really happened here. Unfounded accusations? ha ha ha ha All of your silly boxes and conflicting commentary do nothing to camouflage your actions....

This stuff you're saying to wolfgang59 seems even more dreary than the stuff I was saying to you.
  11. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 01:461 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    white flag
    box of chocolates
    olive branch
    lol Funny

If dear wolfgang had offered any one of those three, along with a simple apology, we all could have been spared from this tedious thread!

I prefer a man who knows how to man up when he is wrong. I think most women do...
    Geez, how hard is it?

🙄
  12. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 01:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]What makes you think that I would have any desire to chat with you about anything ever again? Surely you jest. lol You and I both know what really happened here. Unfounded accusations? ha ha ha ha All of your silly boxes and conflicting commentary do nothing to camouflage your actions....

This stuff you're saying to wolfgang59 seems even more dreary than the stuff I was saying to you.[/b]
    Are you honestly back for more of my blather?!

😀
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 02:06
    I went in one once in the UK.
    I'm not a coffee drinker but the Kiwis are very fussy
    about their coffee. A Starbucks would be their last choice.
    You can't help yourself can you? lol

Italicizing "last" would have been more effective 😉
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 02:131 edit
    Are you honestly back for more of my blather?!

😀
    Are you perhaps attempting to embarrass wolfgang59 so that you feel "elevated"?
  15. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    28 Nov '15 02:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you perhaps attempting to embarrass wolfgang59 so that you feel "elevated"?
    No, he is embarrassing himself without any help from me 🙂

He is the one who insisted on this ridiculousness. And I even tried to give him and out and NOT bring this into GF.

Watch this:

Landisqueen: Hey wolfgang, you changed my post the other day! What's up with that? 😠

Wolfgang: Yea, I know. It was my lame attempt at humor. I apologize 😞

Landisqueen: grrrrrrrrrrrr....well, ok, I didn't appreciate that much. Please don't do it again.

😕

Done. Over. Simple.
    🙄

Men!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree