What are you reading?

What are you reading?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
18 Jan 21

You've Been Warned
James Patterson.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Jan 21

Batya Gur
Das Lied der Könige
(Murder Duet a Musical case)

She managed to dive in deep into various sociological strata. Here it is the scene of classical Music perforners.

Gothenburg

Moves
30 Jan 21

I hope to find a translation of this book:

The Spy and the Traitor: The Greatest Espionage Story of the Cold War
by Ben Macintyre

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
07 Feb 21

Stevan Allred: A simplified Map of the real World

A collection of short stories all centered in a town somewhere in Oregon. I am almost through it, and t is a very good read. Though I don't always agree with his story lines, he writes excellent.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Feb 21

@ponderable said

A collection of short stories all centered in a town somewhere in Oregon. I am almost through it, and t is a very good read. Though I don't always agree with his story lines, he writes excellent.
Do you read and type at the same time? Quite a feat I must say! 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Feb 21

Dublin

Moves
07 Feb 21

@NoEarthlyReason

I read the book of Enoch.
I'm not really religious but I found it fascinating.

Gothenburg

Moves
20 Feb 21

I'm opening my first book in a while

Malin Thunberg Schunke - Ett Högre Syfte (A higher purpose in English)

Gothenburg

Moves
24 Feb 21

Some of Anthony Beevor's books have been translated to Swedish. Those of you familiar with his work, is there any book in particular you would recommend?

Gothenburg

Moves
28 Mar 21

The Evening and the Morning, Ken Follett (2020)

A

RSA

Moves
04 Apr 21
1 edit

"Love is letting go of Fear" is a gem of a book from start to finish (read it last night). It has helped me with forgiveness and ceasing to replay moments over and over, which are things I'm not very good at.

I read "Where the Crawdads Sing" last weekend and enjoyed it very much. It gave me nostalgia for what is now Virginia.

My apartment is furnished, and I picked up "Wuthering Heights" from the bookshelf this morning. I'm halfway through. I also found a book from the 1950s called "Marriage Manners" that I picked up out of curiosity to see how outdated it was. Putting some of the inevitable sexism aside, a lot of it was sound advice that I'll commit to memory.

Moves
08 Apr 21
4 edits

My interests are so many and scattered (and so am I) that it's difficult to say I am reading a particular book. [In no way is this meant to be a boast -- just trying to be descriptive for the sake of context.]

But the other night I managed to read the introduction to Nostradamus: The Good News by Mario Reading,

and I am also a few pages into Bedouin Hornbook by Nathaniel Mackey, an epistolary novel by a poet who had dreamt of being the leader of a jazz band.

Moves
12 Apr 21

Skipping around.

An intro to a book on Qi Gong for health. A chapter or two in a book on Sufi healing.

Some pieces in the Writers on Writing series edited by Joe Mynhardt.

A couple of stories so far by Scott R. Jones from his collection Shout Kill Revel Repeat.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
12 Apr 21

@ponderable said

This looks good. It’s now on my list of books to read.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
13 Apr 21

Currently, I have bookmarks in

Walking Home: A Poet’s Journey by Simon Armitage. A record of travels on the Pennine Way...one day, when I get to England, I hope to complete the walk.

Erosion: Essays of Undoing by Terry Tempest Williams. Essays of conservation and the impressions of humanity in the modern age in the American Southwest.

Landings by Richard Skelton. A series of journal entries written after the death of his wife. The author took a year or two off from his routine to walk in silence and process his grief. The book couples with profound musical compositions by the author.

Colchester: a History and Guide. A gift from a friend who resides there...as with the Pennine Way, I hope to make my journey there to the warm smiles and welcoming arms of a beautiful circle of friends.

I have a couple of books of poetry...one by Armitage, the author of Walking Home, and another by David Whyte, poet from Yorkshire and resides in the Pacific Northwest.