1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Do you think posting in the forums can be unhealthy?
    Andy,
    Lets not be coy ok. We both know about the abuse GB has gotten on these forums. Arguing all the time is not a good thing for his health.

I am not the only one who suggested he not come back into the forums just stick to playing some chess and talking to friends in P.M.'s.

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 15:48
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    "Suum cuique" (Classical Latin pronunciation: [ˈsu.um ˈkuj.kʷe]) is a Latin phrase often translated as "to each his own" or "may all get their due". It has been significant in the history of philosophy and as a motto.
    Yep, that's right. That's why I followed it up with the "whatever will be, will be". Some sort of link to my way of thinking. 😉
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 16:11
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yep, that's right. That's why I followed it up with the "whatever will be, will be". Some sort of link to my way of thinking. 😉
    Joseph,
    I will be honest I had to look it up and copied and pasted. 😉

Regards,
    -VR
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 17:46
    Andy,
    Lets not be coy ok. We both know about the abuse GB has gotten on these forums. Arguing all the time is not a good thing for his health.

I am not the only one who suggested he not come back into the forums just stick to playing some chess and talking to friends in P.M.'s.

Kind Regards,
    -VR
    I'm not being coy. Are you suggesting that the "abuse" was the cause of Bobby's health problems?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 22:44
    I'm not being coy. Are you suggesting that the "abuse" was the cause of Bobby's health problems?
    Andy,
    Are you suggesting it wasn't a contributing factor? You would have to be a qualified Doctor to say that, or been told that by Bob which I highly doubt. I have a question for you. Do you think Bob would admit if it were a contributing factor?

Kind Regards,
    As Always,
    -VR
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 01:08
    Andy,
    Are you suggesting it wasn't a contributing factor? You would have to be a qualified Doctor to say that, or been told that by Bob which I highly doubt. I have a question for you. Do you think Bob would admit if it were a contributing factor?

Kind Regards,
    As Always,
    -VR
    I don't know Bob well enough to answer that. I seriously doubt that his medical problems are related in any way to RHP.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 02:18
    I don't know Bob well enough to answer that. I seriously doubt that his medical problems are related in any way to RHP.
    Andy,
    As I have always said everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Kind Regards,
    -VR
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 06:13
    Joseph,
    I will be honest I had to look it up and copied and pasted. 😉

Regards,
    -VR
    That's ok Rusty, I mean, after all, everyone's lives are just copy and paste. We're only following in the footsteps of our predecessors. 😉

We're just newcomers on an old scene.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 16:151 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's ok Rusty, I mean, after all, everyone's lives are just copy and paste. We're only following in the footsteps of our predecessors. 😉

We're just newcomers on an old scene.
    Joseph,
    If you are talking about the computer that is true. Far as this site we been here around the same time. I've been here since 2006 so a little over 10 years now. Time flies when you're having fun. Sad part is some have spoiled that, and it isn't fun anymore, very well may be my last year.

Regards,
    -VR
  10. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 14:13
    Joseph,
    If you are talking about the computer that is true. Far as this site we been here around the same time. I've been here since 2006 so a little over 10 years now. Time flies when you're having fun. Sad part is some have spoiled that, and it isn't fun anymore, very well may be my last year.

Regards,
    -VR
    What was different here in 2006 and how did it all go wrong?
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 15:53
    The conversations were often scintillating and informed by a wide range of thoughtful positions.
    My perspective from today's vantage?
    Although the site was not brand new, the last portion of the '00's benefited from the relative newness of the myriad conversations.
    In a relationship, one could readily call this the introductory phase of attraction.
    Most behaved with a baseline of civility and decorum, even in the face of wildly divergent and often irreconcilable differences.
    By no means was it genteel, however.
    Just a bit more polite.
    Those who have been around since that time have dispensed with the formalities, having grown tired of each other's s***, so we just go for the jugular, trying to out-draw the other before being fired upon.

We're really all a bunch of uninspired ad men who simply can't stand to hear anyone else's pitch.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Oct '16 23:44
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The conversations were often scintillating and informed by a wide range of thoughtful positions.
    Although the site was not brand new, the last portion of the '00's benefited from the relative newness of the myriad conversations.
    In a relationship, one could readily call this the introductory phase of attraction.
    Mos ...[text shortened]... e're really all a bunch of uninspired ad men who simply can't stand to hear anyone else's pitch.
    Some of what you say is true but there is no excuse for some of the vitriol that was prevalent in some of the forums. What ever happened to "let's agree to disagree"?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Oct '16 01:27
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Some of what you say is true but there is no excuse for some of the vitriol that was prevalent in some of the forums. What ever happened to "let's agree to disagree"?
    Good to hear you take a stance Stees. You are absolutely right. There is no excuse. Agree to disagree and be civil about it.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Oct '16 01:34
    Originally posted by Velns
    What was different here in 2006 and how did it all go wrong?
    Insightful question Velns. In my opinion it went wrong when we thought our opinions trumped anyone else's opinion.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    30 Oct '16 01:41
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Mos ...[text shortened]... e're really all a bunch of uninspired ad men who simply can't stand to hear anyone else's pitch.
    "We're really all a bunch of uninspired ad men who simply can't stand to hear anyone else's pitch."

That's deep Freaky. Worthy of consideration. I for one can own that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree