"Why is this forum dying?"

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
You're the internet tough guy who makes threats of violence on a message board, not me.
I know you are; what am I?
Surely a professional internet provocateur such as yourself is able to retort with better creativity, more imagination than this, yes?
Come now, little man: wind up and really give it a go this time.
Put your back into it!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
And still you persist--- even after being called out for being an internet bully--- relentlessly badgering, pounding and pounding away.
Can't you just let the anger go?
None of us really know how frustrating your private affairs are, so stop taking it out on the rest of us.
It's rather (tut-tut) unseemly, don't you think?
And yet you are the one threatening violence on the Internet. 😡

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by divegeester
And yet you are the one threatening violence on the Internet. 😡
Silly little twerp: I don't threaten violence on the internet, I promise comeuppance for those who act in person like the douchebags they present online.
It's hardly an issue, since none of the few "tough guys" herein would ever act the same way in a public setting otherwise.
I know it's hard to get your mind around, but when you get older, you'll probably understand.
Maybe.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
Why did you mention his "faults" at all if you were going to act in such a peculiar way when asked about them? If, at that time, it's true, you weren't referring to any faults in particular, now that you've been asked about them and have had a chance to think, what particular faults do you have in mind?
What is peculiar is your fixation on knowing and talking about GB's faults. It's just plain weird how you insist on knowing what they are. It's almost crazy even.

I think you have a problem. I think that you are so insecure with yourself that unless you can find fault in some defenseless
defenseless in the sense that he refuses to debate on your terms by hurling insults and ridicule at you and the others that share the same predilection for making personal attacks to avoid facing the discussion of any topic which reveals your own shortcomings, and that's the real hidden issue
old man that refuses to engage with you over all your trivialities you're just not going to happy.

Does it make you happy to know how much better you are than others? Perhaps I shouldn't say anything about it because in reality you are genuinely suffering from some kind of deep psychological trauma that prevents you from finding good in another, but instead causes you to find fault. If that's the case I apologize for being so insensitive.

But in truth I think you're really altogether perfectly normal. πŸ˜‰

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
12 Jun 16

Silly little twerp: I don't threaten violence on the internet, I promise comeuppance for those who act in person like the douchebags they present online.
It's hardly an issue, since none of the few "tough guys" herein would ever act the same way in a public setting otherwise.
I know it's hard to get your mind around, but when you get older, you'll probably understand.
Maybe.
Interesting isn't it how divegeester seems to jump in to a debate whenever he feels that his brother-in-arms is losing the argument? And like FMF divegeester has no idea what the topic is really about, so they resort to expressing their fear by going on the defense and making unfounded accusations.

F

Moves
12 Jun 16

Which posts of mine would cause you to "promise" to commit acts of violence if we were to meet. Nominate a few.

F

Moves
12 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Interesting isn't it how divegeester seems to jump in to a debate whenever he feels that his brother-in-arms is losing the argument? And like FMF divegeester has no idea what the topic is really about, so they resort to expressing their fear by going on the defense and making unfounded accusations.
I gave you about half a dozen verbatim quotes from FreakyKBH ~ have you forgotten already? ~ in which he was explicitly threatening violence here on this message board. Even on this page he is muttering about it being a "promise" and not a "threat". What "unfounded accusations" are you talking about? What argument is it you think I have lost? Didn't you yourself say you found FreakyKBH's talk of violence "abhorrent"? Wasn't that the word you used?

F

Moves
12 Jun 16
1 edit

What [b]is peculiar is your fixation on knowing and talking about GB's faults. It's just plain weird how you insist on knowing what they are. It's almost crazy even. [/b]
You mentioned that he had "faults" and then for some reason you have reacted strangely to being asked what you think those faults are. It's not as if you are normally averse to talking about people's faults.

F

Moves
12 Jun 16

I think you have a problem. I think that you are so insecure with yourself that unless you can find fault in some defenseless
defenseless in the sense that he refuses to debate on your terms by hurling insults and ridicule at you and the others that share the same predilection for making personal attacks to avoid facing the discussion of any topic which reveals your own shortcomings, and that's the real hidden issue
old man that refuses to engage with you over all your trivialities you're just not going to happy. Does it make you happy to know how much better you are than others? Perhaps I shouldn't say anything about it because in reality you are genuinely suffering from some kind of deep psychological trauma that prevents you from finding good in another, but instead causes you to find fault. If that's the case I apologize for being so insensitive.

I think it's good that you feel able to criticize others honestly if you feel the need to. I do the same.

F

Moves
12 Jun 16

...he refuses to debate on your terms by hurling insults and ridicule at you and the others that share the same predilection for making personal attacks to avoid facing the discussion of any topic which reveals your own shortcomings, and that's the real hidden issue
Presumably you are using words like "ridicule" and "personal attacks" here to describe - and disparage - genuine disagreement and criticism.

Can you provide any examples of me "hurling insults"?

Read a book!

Moves
12 Jun 16

I think you have a problem. I think that you are so insecure with yourself that unless you can find fault in some defenseless old man that refuses to engage with you over all your trivialities you're just not going to happy.
Bad move, Joe. Bobby is neither "old" nor "defenseless." Try to pay more attention.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by FMF
Which posts of mine would cause you to "promise" to commit acts of violence if we were to meet. Nominate a few.
Why are you relentlessly attacking me?
I've told you already: enough violence is enough!
Stop triggering me and others like me who just wish to live in peace!
Your badgering is making me seek outside counsel, both emotionally and mentally.
Shall I seek legal counsel, as well?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 16

Why are you relentlessly attacking me?
I've told you already: enough violence is enough!
Stop triggering me and others like me who just wish to live in peace!
Your badgering is making me seek outside counsel, both emotionally and mentally.
Shall I seek legal counsel, as well?
Simply because you don't agree with him and you make no secret of it. And to these two, not agreeing with them is the highest crime imaginable, causing them to put you on their "list" of people they relentlessly try to put down. Witness his FIVE posts in a row to josephw on this page alone. Apparently, something's got him "upset". It is certainly all these people not agreeing with him that has him in a lather.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jun 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Bad move, Joe. Bobby is neither "old" nor "defenseless." Try to pay more attention.
Neither does he go "on the offensive" as others do against him here, and I find it difficult to ascertain any agenda from him, again, unlike those who attack him. Try to pay more attention.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
12 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)

18 Feb '14 20:11 Thread 153985 (Page 16)

"I whole-heartedly support and endorse your statement that you have cared about this forum and its contributors for seven years. During these seven years your comments and thought-provoking ideas have frequently rejuvenated my flagging mind and I salute you ...[text shortened]... ellent prophylactic efforts to treat this." @Rene-Pogel

Your thoughts?
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

18 Feb '14 20:11 Thread 153985 (Page 16)

"I whole-heartedly support and endorse your statement that you have cared about this forum and its contributors for seven years. During these seven years your comments and thought-provoking ideas have frequently rejuvenated my flagging mind and I salute you for this.
I have not posted anything for quite some time but I still enjoy your comments and the banter on this forum. I will say, however, that if any forum is dying it is the clan forum. I just posted a comment there and then realised when I surveyed the recent postings that this was pointless because the level of activity there is now virtually Marie-Celeste like. I hope that this forum does not go the same way - having eyed it for these seven years I would now diagnose incipient NIDS (new-idea-deficiency-syndrome) despite your excellent prophylactic efforts to treat this." @Rene-Pogel

Your thoughts?"

RHP Member Poll:

Is Red Hot Pawn's General Forum more active or less active today than it was one year ago in June, 2015?

1) More?

2) Less?

3) And why?