Word Restoration Game

Word Restoration Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
273d

@kewpie said
VARIATION
that "io" gives 2 consonants right away,

●O●O●●E●E
there's only two varieties, and they're quite different.
BOLOGNESE (sauce)

I had to look it up here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolognese_sauce to check the two varieties thing.

U●●E●I●●A●

Mmm nice noodles and mutton.

Australia

Moves
273d

@fmf said
BOLOGNESE (sauce)

I had to look it up here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolognese_sauce to check the two varieties thing.

U●●E●I●●A●

Mmm nice noodles and mutton.
MONOTREME
Echidna, land animal with spikes and pointed be
Long beak, likes open country and dry sandy soil
Platypus, slippery fur-coated amphibian with duckbill-style beak, lives in river-bank holes and swims a lot.

You may have baffled me this time. Noodle and mutton dishes have many names in many languages but nothing like yours shows up in any word list. On the other hand, it could be a food dish eaten in UZBEKISTAN.

O ● E ● A ● I ● •• A ● I A
when the lady sings

IP

Moves
272d

@kewpie said
MONOTREME
Echidna, land animal with spikes and pointed be
Long beak, likes open country and dry sandy soil
Platypus, slippery fur-coated amphibian with duckbill-style beak, lives in river-bank holes and swims a lot.

You may have baffled me this time. Noodle and mutton dishes have many names in many languages but nothing like yours shows up in any word list. On the othe ...[text shortened]... and, it could be a food dish eaten in UZBEKISTAN.

O ● E ● A ● I ● •• A ● I A
when the lady sings
OPERATIC ARIA

*A*U***I**

This is an example of one.

K

Moves
272d

Australia

Moves
272d

@indonesia-phil said
OPERATIC ARIA

*A*U***I**

Been chewing on this one for a couple of hours and still have not the slightest idea. I can't even guess what language it's likely to be in.

Australia

Moves
272d
2 edits

@indonesia-phil said
OPERATIC ARIA

*A*U***I**

Been chewing on this one for a couple of hours and still have not the slightest idea. I can't even guess what language it's likely to be in.

I even tried ChatGPT and it came up with AUDITORIUM and AUBERGINE, neither of which appears to be a perfect fit.

Whacked it over the head with very specific instructions for 20 minutes and after offering a large number of words which didn't fit, it came up with this:
Given your specific criteria, I'm unable to find a 10-letter word that fits all the specified positions and conditions.

I give up.

F

Moves
272d

@kewpie said
On the other hand, it could be a food dish eaten in UZBEKISTAN.
Yes!

IP

Moves
272d

@kewpie said

I even tried ChatGPT and it came up with AUDITORIUM and AUBERGINE, neither of which appears to be a perfect fit.

Whacked it over the head with very specific instructions for 20 minutes and after offering a large number of words whi ...[text shortened]... unable to find a 10-letter word that fits all the specified positions and conditions.

I give up.
Don't give up, just be advised that it was written by a MAN....

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
272d

@indonesia-phil said
Don't give up, just be advised that it was written by a MAN....
MANUSCRIPT?

F

Moves
272d

@indonesia-phil said
OPERATIC ARIA

*A*U***I**

Is it two words?

F

Moves
272d

Ouch! Yeah!

F

Moves
272d

@drewnogal said
MANUSCRIPT?
This came up in my mind but I dismissed it as I'd have thought that "an example of an operatic aria" would MAYBE be a score or a libretto, but I looked it up, and lo and behold, a manuscript CAN be music as well!

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
272d

@fmf said
This came up in my mind but I dismissed it as I'd have thought that "an example of an operatic aria" would MAYBE be a score or a libretto, but I looked it up, and lo and behold, a manuscript CAN be music as well!
I started on this an hour ago, thinking it was 2 words for ages. Kept looking at things related to Nabucco like Nabucco 01 ? It was a good distraction anyway as I’ve been tormented by vengeful thoughts on how to get my own back on a rogue trader? Red paint springs to mind 😖

F

Moves
272d

@drewnogal said
I started on this an hour ago, thinking it was 2 words for ages.
I've met Phil in person. He's the kind of bloke who can run two or three words together at the drop of a hat.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
272d
3 edits

@fmf said
I've met Phil in person. He's the kind of bloke who can run two or three words together at the drop of a hat.
- U I - - - A - I - -

Cosy activity. A 2 in 1 word, 5&6