Claim Draw not working?

Claim Draw not working?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skull Disco, Jr.

Moves
18 Mar 08

Game 4743151

This game is drawn, but I wasn't able to claim the draw (tried twice) and my opponent so far refuses to accept a draw offer (currently it's the second one).

Is there a glitch going on or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by AudioRapture
Game 4743151

This game is drawn, but I wasn't able to claim the draw (tried twice) and my opponent so far refuses to accept a draw offer (currently it's the second one).

Thanks!
You clicked 'claim draw' and also clicked the box next to it and it did not work? That should work. Try it one more time and use Send Feedback located bottom of every page.

Not Offer Draw, Claim Draw.

P-

F

Moves
18 Mar 08
1 edit

Game 4743151

Thanks!
Don't claim draw, just offer draw. If your opponent agrees then he gives you the draw.

'Claim draw' can only be used in certain draw positions, like 3 position repetition, K vs K, and perhaps something more. Stalemate you get draw as it comes. But in this position, you can win if your opponent playes awfully wrong, or in the case that you blunder heavily he wins, as it is a possibility, the the system cannot give you the draw for free. You and your opponent have to agree on it.

Offer the draw, if he agrees he will accept it.

As this game is in progress, I have no opinion of the continuation of the game. Any opinion interpreted from the above is a misstake.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Don't claim draw, just offer draw. If your opponent agrees then he gives you the draw.

'Claim droaw' can only be used in certain draw positions, like 3 position repetition, K vs K, and perhaps something more. Stalemate you get draw as it comes. But in this position, you can win if your opponent playes awfully wrong, or in the case that you blunder heav ...[text shortened]... or free. You and your opponent have to agree on it.

Offer the draw, and he will accept it.
That's the thing, I checked and the same position is reached 3 times. Sounds like the other user doesn't want a draw, or Russ has a bug.

P-

F

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
That's the thing, I checked and the same position is reached 3 times. Sounds like the other user doesn't want a draw, or Russ has a bug.

P-
If the position has came up three times, with the same player at the move, then it is a three position repetition, and therefore a draw.

In this case there is a triangle manoevre by one king involved, and therefore the three positions are not exactly the same.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

If the position has came up three times, with the same player at the move, then it is a three position repetition, and therefore a draw.

In this case there is a triangle manoevre by one king involved, and therefore the three positions are not exactly the same.
Check again, this position comes up at moves 55, 52, and 48

Perhaps that's why it has not worked yet, but should work now.

P-

F

Moves
18 Mar 08

Check again, this position comes up at moves 55, 52, and 48

[ fen ]8/8/4k2p/2p3p1/2P1K3/6PP/8/8 w - - 0 56[ /fen ]

Perhaps that's why it has not worked yet, but should work now.

P-
You're right, it has the same position at 48b, 52b, and 55b.
Did black really claim a draw? And did he do it at the same time he made the move? He can't wait, he has to do it right away.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

You're right, it has the same position at 48b, 52b, and 55b.
Did black really claim a draw? And did he do it at the same time he made the move? He can't wait, he has to do it right away.
Perhaps that's the problem now. Read the first post, they offered last 2 times. Claim would have worked last move, but you say it won't work next move (unless it's also 3rd position)

This user needs to keep using the claim and not offer, the other user doesn't want to hear a draw.

P-

F

Moves
18 Mar 08

Perhaps that's the problem now. Read the first post, they offered last 2 times. Claim would have worked last move, but you say it won't work next move (unless it's also 3rd position)

This user needs to keep using the claim and not offer, the other user doesn't want to hear a draw.

P-
I know the feature work. I've claimed a draw myself once, with several moves apart, it worked like a charm.

Skull Disco, Jr.

Moves
18 Mar 08

My opponent has accepted the draw on the 2nd offer, so I will have to try the "claim draw" next time it comes to a situation like it.

And thinking about it, I probably used "claim draw" on a move that actually /changed/ the third repetition.

Thank you all for your time and responses, I appreciate it.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
18 Mar 08
1 edit

Game 4743151

This game is drawn,
Now that the game is over, we can talk about it. I don't see it as a draw before move 55. At either move 48 or 52 with white to move, doesn't g4 push the black King back (or allow a passed rook pawn if black pushes his h pawn)? White King then invades 1 square up if the black King moved straight back or to the opposite side of where black King goes. White King cleans up enemy pawn(s) and promotes before black, sacrificing the new Queen for black's last pawn if necessary and then promoting his remaining pawn.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Mar 08

Originally posted by MontyMoose
Now that the game is over, we can talk about it. I don't see it as a draw before move 55. At either move 48 or 52 with white to move, doesn't g4 push the black King back (or allow a passed rook pawn if black pushes his h pawn)? White King then invades 1 square up if the black King moved straight back or to the opposite side of where black King goes. White ...[text shortened]... icing the new Queen for black's last pawn if necessary and then promoting his remaining pawn.
Will you compile PGN for us to check, sounds interesting.

Better is start a thread in Chess, and let this one die. It's always nice to see where either side may have gone a bit off.

P-

TC

Moves
24 Mar 08

Originally posted by MontyMoose
Now that the game is over, we can talk about it. I don't see it as a draw before move 55. At either move 48 or 52 with white to move, doesn't g4 push the black King back (or allow a passed rook pawn if black pushes his h pawn)? White King then invades 1 square up if the black King moved straight back or to the opposite side of where black King goes. White ...[text shortened]... icing the new Queen for black's last pawn if necessary and then promoting his remaining pawn.
Yes, g4 would win on the spot.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
27 Mar 08

As this game is in progress, I have no opinion of the continuation of the game. Any opinion interpreted from the above is a misstake.
Prices can go down as well as up and your house may be at risk 😀

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
27 Mar 08

Might this be because of the incomplete game historys not being able to recognise 3 move rep. Russ said something about it in his thead.