I won but i lost some points

I won but i lost some points

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b

Moves
07 Oct 05

I just posted a thread, and remark i lost two points against a guy i won.

Sure he got a low rating but is it fair?

I didn't understand all the rules.

Can anyone can help me?

Many thanks

DS

Moves
07 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by beginchess
I just posted a thread, and remark i lost two points against a guy i won.

Sure he got a low rating but is it fair?

I didn't understand all the rules.

Can anyone can help me?

Many thanks
Me too. Wassup? I win and rating goes down 11 points.

Don't tell me it's because his rating was lower than mine to start with....if thats the reason; it sucks. Would Karpov [or anyone else come to that] played me and won, [by some piece of luck or fluke 😀] his rating wouldn't go down would it???
:'(😕😠

A
Mandla

Unknown

Moves
07 Oct 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Don't tell me it's because his rating was lower than mine to start with....if thats the reason; it sucks. Would Karpov [or anyone else come to that] played me and won, his rating wouldn't go down would it???
Either you or your opponents are PROVISIONAL, meaning you haven't completed 20 games yet, so your rating will adjust differently as you win and loose... when I was provisional I lost 4 straight games, but my rating went up every time, it's all in how long the game lasts, and the rating of your opponents, and whether or not you win... hope that helps a little.

Oh, I see that you are both provisional players... again, this won't happen after you've completed 20 game, until then it may happen every game.

DS

Moves
07 Oct 05
1 edit

Righto thanks....1 more game to go then. 🙂

F

Rugby League HQ

Moves
07 Oct 05

Don't tell me it's because his rating was lower than mine to start with....if thats the reason; it sucks. Would Karpov [or anyone else come to that] played me and won, [by some piece of luck or fluke 😀] his rating wouldn't go down would it???
Take a breath bo, compose urself please.

Harden-up!!!

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
07 Oct 05

Daft rating system, plain and simple.

Of my last 4 games, I beat a >1800 player, a 1500 player and a >1600. I drew with a >2100 player.

What happened to my rating? Down 4 points!

A
Mandla

Unknown

Moves
07 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bowmann

Of my last 4 games, I beat a >1800 player, a 1500 player and a >1600. I drew with a >2100 player.

haha Bowmann... whatever.

A
Mandla

Unknown

Moves
07 Oct 05

Righto thanks....1 more game to go then. 🙂
Rated games... you have 2 more...

DS

Moves
08 Oct 05

yeah I just noticed that....1 now tho...hehe.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Oct 05

Originally posted by Bowmann

Pity your maths skills aren't as good as your spelling.

You were 1586. After the games you mentioned below, you are now 1673. Try again: What's 1673 - 1586?

D

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
08 Oct 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Pity your maths skills aren't as good as your spelling.

You were 1586. After the games you mentioned below, you are now 1673. Try again: What's 1673 - 1586?

D
Actually, no. I was 1677 (I'm logging my ratings separately). This does not show in my "Profile".

If you like puzzles, take a gander at "Harshukutty's" profile. Look at the last 7 days...

T
The-Sphinx

South East England

Moves
09 Oct 05

Originally posted by Anwylyd
[b]Either you or your opponents are PROVISIONAL, meaning you haven't completed 20 games yet, so your rating will adjust differently as you win and loose... when I was provisional I lost 4 straight games, but my rating went up every time, it's all in how long the game lasts, and the rating of your opponents, and whether or not you win... hope that helps a little.....
My rating is 1,000+ and I just beat a guy with a rating of 1400+ and I won. He lost 82 points but I got bugger all points!!

In the words of an well know soap opera, 'What's going on?'

Game ID 1331769

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
09 Oct 05

Originally posted by TheSphinx
My rating is 1,000+ and I just beat a guy with a rating of 1400+ and I won. He lost 82 points but I got bugger all points!!

In the words of an well know soap opera, 'What's going on?'

Game ID 1331769
1. You lost the game you posted.
2. Read the rest of this thread.
3. Read the FAQ
4. The maximum number of points that can be won/lost by non-provisional players is 32.

D

A

Moves
09 Oct 05

Hi everyone

I have some trouble renewing my subscription. My subscription expires in a cpouple of months so i decided to renew it. I went through the process but at the last step when I enter the name of the person i'm subscribing for it says this person is subscribed already.

What do I need to do to renew?

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
09 Oct 05

Originally posted by ActuaryMan
Hi everyone

I have some trouble renewing my subscription. My subscription expires in a cpouple of months so i decided to renew it. I went through the process but at the last step when I enter the name of the person i'm subscribing for it says this person is subscribed already.

What do I need to do to renew?
What does this have to do with the FTSE 250?