1. Joined
    10 Oct '11
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 14:48
    Ok, I don't seem to have it. There's nothing under 'skip this game for now'.
    Perhaps it's because I'm only a guest?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 21:44
    On what move did you try to castle?
    You do of course realise that as the board is displayed it's not your move?
    Also I assume you realise that you can't castle if one of the sqares you need to cross would put your king in check?
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 00:47
    Originally posted by venda
    On what move did you try to castle?
    You do of course realise that as the board is displayed it's not your move?
    Also I assume you realise that you can't castle if one of the sqares you need to cross would put your king in check?
    Venda, what game are you looking at? Game 9922598 ?

spanishgarden has only one game currently in progress which is shown in the original post of this thread, and it's black's turn to move, which is what spanishgarden is playing.

......unless I'm really reading everything wrong here.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 11:39
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Venda, what game are you looking at? Game 9922598 ?

spanishgarden has only one game currently in progress which is shown in the original post of this thread, and it's black's turn to move, which is what spanishgarden is playing.

......unless I'm really reading everything wrong here.
    Sorry.My mistake.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 19:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 19:59
    Originally posted by spanishgarden
    Ok, I don't seem to have it. There's nothing under 'skip this game for now'.
    Perhaps it's because I'm only a guest?
    Just an idle thought, as you're only playing the one game, why not set up a friendly game with someone...let's see whether the issue is 'across the board' and not just an isolated incident...there's something going on, and it all seems somewhat odd, and getting to the bottom of it is a must. If you cannot find anyone to play an unrated game, or perhaps you just don;t want to 'commit' to another, I'd be prepared to set one up that we can just abandon at any time ( that's assuming you can move at all in the first place 😉 )
  7. Joined
    10 Oct '11
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 20:29
    Thank you very much. That would be helpful.
    If you would set it up I'd be most obliged.
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 21:33
    Thank you very much. That would be helpful.
    If you would set it up I'd be most obliged.
    Ok, no worries 🙂 You do need to change your 'challenge settings' however, I tried to challenge you but you've set the single game as your seff imposed limit.
    In order to change that limit, click 'my settings' on the red bar above here...from the drop list \ menu now present, you then click 'my challenge settings'...you'll now see a list of options that are pretty much self explanatory... 'maximum games' is the one we're interested in, once you've changed that make sure you click 'update' before you close the page !
    Get back to me if any issues arise, Dean.
  9. Joined
    10 Oct '11
    Moves
    09 Apr '13 08:04
    ok, done, thank you! 🙂
  10. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 14:08
    For the record here, we have success in that 'spanishgarden' can actually move in the game I've set up with him...the castling 'issue' is something we'll get to soon, it may well be something simple...
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Apr '13 20:05
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    For the record here, we have success in that 'spanishgarden' can actually move in the game I've set up with him...the castling 'issue' is something we'll get to soon, it may well be something simple...
    This sort of feedback is good in case others encounter similar problems.
    Please let us know the outcome Dean.
  12. Joined
    12 Apr '12
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 16:07
    has anyone asked spanishgarden whether king or actual rook had been moved before?
  13. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 16:53
    Originally posted by oldfool
    has anyone asked spanishgarden whether king or actual rook had been moved before?
    I went to the game link he provided in the original post and played through the game history. spanishgarden is playing black.

The black king and rooks have not been moved. Also he is not in check, and the king would not cross or end on an attacked square. It is his move and I cannot see any reason why he cannot castle to either side.

I looked at some of his earlier games and he has castled before, so that shows that he knows how to accomplish the move.
  14. Joined
    10 Oct '11
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 17:18
    I think we're getting to the root of the problem thanks to RevRSleeker and Kewpie!

I'm playing games with them and have tried the castling manoeuvre. When I'm castling the king is moved correctly but the castle doesn't move. However, when I press submit and check the board again it looks as if the updated board has the correct position for the castle.

I've tried the other sites for RHP and used different computers and devices (android) and the result is always the same. I see the incorrect castling. I also have some lines of text and links missing.

It has been suggested that it might be due to an incorrect login cookie. So, with help, I tried using the beta site which uses a different code, and here everything works correctly. I shall now use this site to carry on my games.

Thanks to everyone for helping a beginner chessie! Much appreciated. 🙂

Hope this is of help to anyone else with the same problem.
  15. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Apr '13 19:25
    I think we're getting to the root of the problem thanks to RevRSleeker and Kewpie!

I'm playing games with them and have tried the castling manoeuvre. When I'm castling the king is moved correctly but the castle doesn't move. However, when I press submit and check the board again it looks as if the updated board has the correct position for the castl ...[text shortened]... chessie! Much appreciated. 🙂

Hope this is of help to anyone else with the same problem.
    Curiously I remember this being an issue with 'conditionals', the exact same castling problem appeared whereby the rook would not move when castling...you had to utilise 'deep mode' in order to do so.
    The fact that you've used 'other devices', and you're still obviously having problems, is confusing me somewhat...I'll have a good look in the post archives before I return the board.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree