analysis board

analysis board

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
02 Jul 13

Is there an analysis board around here where I can't make illegal moves?

Mister Why

San Carlos, CA

Moves
02 Jul 13

That's getting awfully close to computer assistance...

h

Moves
02 Jul 13

Originally posted by byedidia
That's getting awfully close to computer assistance...
An online chess board? Seems pretty harmless to me since I do not play here. Anyway, I found it on Gameknot. The "gameknot practice board".

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by hamworld
Is there an analysis board around here where I can't make illegal moves?
Not on RHP. It will not even complete the castle move for you are take a captured piece off. You have to drag the captured piece off the board first. This makes it more like a regular board. But it is still better because you don't have to set the pieces up to the game position and if you decide you don't like the variation you are trying out you can go back a couple moves or go back and start over with a quick click.

The Instructor

Moves
02 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Not on RHP. It will not even complete the castle move for you are take a captured piece off. You have to drag the captured piece off the board first. This makes it more like a regular board. But it is still better because you don't have to set the pieces up to the game position and if you decide you don't like the variation you are trying out you can go back a couple moves or go back and start over with a quick click.

The Instructor
Not only that, but you can also notice cigarette ash and coffee stains on the edge of the board.

h

Moves
03 Jul 13

Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
Just trying to get used to it.