Archiving games by opening/rating etc. -- software

Archiving games by opening/rating etc. -- software

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Moves
17 Aug 13

Does anyone have recommendations for software (preferably freeware) that would allow me to export my finished games and have them searchable by opening, opponents' rating range, my rating range, etc.. It would also need a 'game explorer' roughly equivalent to this site's Analyse Board. It would be really good if it could determine the opening automatically, because I haven't found an easy way to manually work out transpositions. Mac or Windows, either is fine. Or perhaps I can export my games to an online service offering this functionality?

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
17 Aug 13

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
Does anyone have recommendations for software (preferably freeware) that would allow me to export my finished games and have them searchable by opening, opponents' rating range, my rating range, etc.. It would also need a 'game explorer' roughly equivalent to this site's Analyse Board. It would be really good if it could determine the opening automat ...[text shortened]... is fine. Or perhaps I can export my games to an online service offering this functionality?
Chessbase light is free i believe. Just go to chessbase.com

N

Moves
17 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Chessbase light is free i believe. Just go to chessbase.com
Thanks, that's very helpful and I may well end up using it, but it seems with the Light version you can't save or annotate (sorry, didn't mention annotation in my initial post) imported games unless you buy the activation key. Looks like an impressive site and software though.