1. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 00:52
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It didn't? You don't know jack about it.
    well gatecrasher has said the statistical analysis was automated. how strong a player should be to insert a bunch of games and click a button, in your opinion?
  2. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 01:111 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I doubt it was coincidence that they includ(i)ed two strong players in the game mod team. It sounds strange to me to do it without any involvement of strong players, and that it is apparently done without consulting the previous game mod team. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Thanks to the game mod team for all their work!
    well phlabby is what, 1300-1400?

I suppose big part of why gatecrasher and cludi were there was because they've shown to have some integrity. at first their strength might also have been a reason, but after all GMs have passed the engine detection procedure, is there really any reason why the game mods must be strong players? I mean, it doesn't hurt, but it's not really required when the analysis software is automated, is it?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 01:44
    Originally posted by wormwood

I suppose big part of why gatecrasher and cludi were there was because they've shown to have some integrity. at first their strength might also have been a reason, but after all GMs have passed the engine detection procedure, is there really any reason why the game mods must be strong players? I mean, it doesn't hurt, but it's not really required when the analysis software is automated, is it?
    Like I said, you don't know anything about it but for some strange reason think you can give what the qualifications of a Game Mod should be. Dave Tebb was on the original Game Mod team and at one point there was a thread asking for more volunteers and giving qualifications. They wanted reasonably strong players with experience with the various engines. But hey, I'm sure you know better than the Game Mods themselves. At no time was the Game Mod team without at least one of the strongest players on the site.
  4. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    31 Jan '08 03:42
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Like I said, you don't know anything about it but for some strange reason think you can give what the qualifications of a Game Mod should be. Dave Tebb was on the original Game Mod team and at one point there was a thread asking for more volunteers and giving qualifications. They wanted reasonably strong players with experience with the various engines. ...[text shortened]... s. At no time was the Game Mod team without at least one of the strongest players on the site.
    🙄
  5. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 23:00
    Originally posted by wormwood

Game modding is not just about statistical analysis. Applying a benchmark may be sufficient in blatant cases, but as with any statistic, interpretation and judgement is required. The ability to recognise computer-like, non-human moves is also a great advantage.

The software used for automating the statistical analysis was developed by me, and used by myself the other game mods. It is not integrated into RHP at all, so if the admins choose to go this route, they need to complete a fair amount of R&D.

However, I do have a suspicion that their solution might be something completely different. We'll have to wait and see.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 23:12
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    We'll have to wait and see.
    And while we are waiting, there's no game moderation happening at all? Or is the game mod team still working, even though it's not listed anymore?
  7. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 23:42
    And while we are waiting, there's no game moderation happening at all? Or is the game mod team still working, even though it's not listed anymore?
    It really doesn't matter if the games are currently monitored or not. All games are 'recorded history' and can be processed whenever someone files a complaint against a player.

While I'm here I would also like to mention that the people behind the scenes should remain anonymous. Trust me, it works better that way.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:15
    Originally posted by Arrakis
    It really doesn't matter if the games are currently monitored or not.
    I disagree. Of course the games can be analysed at any time, and you can still ban a cheater in a year's time or five, but the earlier they are banned, the less damage is done.
  9. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:20
    I disagree. Of course the games can be analysed at any time, and you can still ban a cheater in a year's time or five, but the earlier they are banned, the less damage is done.
    I disagree with your assessment. The process takes a lot of time and one or two months will have little effect on the outcome.
  10. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:25
    Originally posted by Gatecrasher
    Game modding is not just about statistical analysis. Applying a benchmark may be sufficient in blatant cases, but as with any statistic, interpretation and judgement is required. The ability to recognise computer-like, non-human moves is also a great advantage.

The software used for automating the statistical analysis was developed by me, and used b ...[text shortened]... picion that their solution might be something completely different. We'll have to wait and see.
    ok, thanks for clearing that up.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    02 Feb '08 00:29
    Originally posted by Arrakis
    I disagree with your assessment. The process takes a lot of time and one or two months will have little effect on the outcome.
    One or two months can be lots of games played.
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 17:48
    One or two months can be lots of games played.
    Exactly - look how much User 387165 effed the site up denying wins to genuine players in so many tournaments.

He was only here for a few months as well.
  13. London
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 17:56
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Exactly - look how much User 387165 effed the site up denying wins to genuine players in so many tournaments.

He was only here for a few months as well.
    Yeah you're right...less than five months on the site and he won 15 tournaments.
  14. Standard memberelohiym chanan
    under construction
    presently mired...
    Moves
    14 Feb '08 21:55
    He'll have to return the prize money, right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree