1. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    19 Jan '24 15:30
    Such a long time playing on here, too much blitz and one minute chess. Anyone back after a long hiatus?
  2. Joined
    20 Sep '01
    Moves
    20 Jan '24 03:48
    @congruent

Yes.

Just started playing last October after a 17 year break.

The current site is fantastic compared to when I joined 22 years ago.

I just play games, no tournaments etc and think Russ and Co have done a fantastic job.

What is your issue out of interest?
  3. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '24 16:02
    Managed to find how to start a game, the icons and everything look different. Speed & bullet chess can be fun but the quality of chess is not good, just looking to win on the clock.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Jan '24 16:05
    @congruent said
    Managed to find how to start a game, the icons and everything look different. Speed & bullet chess can be fun but the quality of chess is not good, just looking to win on the clock.
    If you are on the website it is the right most gray icon showing a flash.

be aware that that type is not much en vogue here...
  5. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    21 Jan '24 04:131 edit
    Someone wished me a good game, how do I reply to say good game too? Using phone. Worked out how to reply lol.
  6. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    21 Jan '24 16:42
    How do I add a pgn of someone's game then add comments e.g. develop knight here or this is a blunder? Sorry been looking at the FAQ's etc
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Jan '24 18:16
    @congruent said
    How do I add a pgn of someone's game then add comments e.g. develop knight here or this is a blunder? Sorry been looking at the FAQ's etc
    Hi, you can go to a finished game and click on the right hand menue on "annotations" then you can put your comments.

Or you cope the pgn, add your comments and post in a forum.
  8. Joined
    19 Aug '12
    Moves
    21 Jan '24 18:58
    @Ponderable thanks your such a star. I wish I had been back on the site sooner.
  9. Joined
    15 Dec '20
    Moves
    21 Jan '24 23:20
    @ponderable said
    Hi, you can go to a finished game and click on the right hand menue on "annotations" then you can put your comments.

Or you cope the pgn, add your comments and post in a forum.
    For an example of what ponderable is describing, view greenpawn34's latest blog post, scroll down to the game from World Rapid 2023, click on the "PGN" button below that game, and view the result in the text box just below the button. If one wanted to post precisely what greenpawn34 posted (including comments), one could copy/paste what appears in that text box, and then put "pgn" in square brackets before it and "/pgn" in square brackets after it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree